Where will Fremantle and West Coast play most of their home games this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course you don't and half the state don't. He's lucky he had a massive margin because little by little, decisions like this is eroding it.

Myself and 1,000s of other don't won't to come over for a holiday either, we just want to get back to work, all triple jabbed and ready to quarantine but nope, non essential, obviously footballers are, no different to the last 2 years I guess. Cricketers, soccer players and tennis players must be stoked.

Inglis was right.
Over the last 2 years the AFL came to the table and worked with the WA government to get games over here. It would’ve been no different for cricketers but CA didn’t want a bar of it. No ones playing favourites, it’s literally whoever is willing to work within the guidelines and the AFL managed to do it.

Youve had 2 years to sort out your working situation, ive got friends who had to change jobs and work locally in WA as they were fifo out of Victoria when Covid hit. Pretty obvious it was going to be an obstacle to work interstate from early on in the piece, instead of constantly whining about McGowan maybe you shouldve adapted a bit better

Ahhh, I should have been more specific. 1,000 apologies.

Tigers avoided playing the Eagles in WA in those premiership years.....how fortunate.

AFL just loves to prop up its favorites. Just like the Lions still have never played the Eagles at Optus. The Suns seem to but not the Lions.

2022 fixture.............no Lions v Eagles in Perth, 4 seasons in a row Lions avoided a tough away game. Its ok, they play Freo though. ;) :grimacing: :think: :confusedv1:
Oh and correction. In 2020 Eagles were relocated to QLD and initially they were scheduled to play a home game against Richmond in WA. It would have been the 1st 'home game' v Richmond in years. That game was then reclassified as a Richmond home game in QLD.
So, would have been Richmond's first game against West Coast since round 9 2018? or round 4 2016? or round 4 2014? There seems to be a pattern here....

Since 2000 Richmond has played West Coast in Perth 13 times. Funnily it is 12 times in Melbourne (and once in Queensland). I'm not sure what has outraged you here.

Here that cracking noise? That is the noise of the dam cracking just before it bursts - 37 new local cases in WA today - the most since the start of the pandemic. In a week's time it will be 1000 cases, and the borders will be open - no point in keeping them closed any longer

Over the last 2 years the AFL came to the table and worked with the WA government to get games over here. It would’ve been no different for cricketers but CA didn’t want a bar of it. No ones playing favourites, it’s literally whoever is willing to work within the guidelines and the AFL managed to do it.

Youve had 2 years to sort out your working situation, ive got friends who had to change jobs and work locally in WA as they were fifo out of Victoria when Covid hit. Pretty obvious it was going to be an obstacle to work interstate from early on in the piece, instead of constantly whining about McGowan maybe you shouldve adapted a bit better

Sorted, but thanks for your concern.

I had just moved from WA after living there for 7 years, why would I have wanted to move back there? I definitely pulled the right rein on that one. The wall is about to collapse.

The AFL aren't playing within the guidelines that everyone else operate under, they have their own special ones.

Too many votes at stake.

Sorted, but thanks for your concern.

I had just moved from WA after living there for 7 years, why would I have wanted to move back there? I definitely pulled the right rein on that one. The wall is about to collapse.

The AFL aren't playing within the guidelines that everyone else operate under, they have their own special ones.

Too many votes at stake.
Just think, if you had of pulled the other rein you wouldn’t have been whining about being locked down or in quarantine for the last 2 years on here. You could’ve discovered something healthy to obsess over.

Just think, if you had of pulled the other rein you wouldn’t have been whining about being locked down or in quarantine for the last 2 years on here. You could’ve discovered something healthy to obsess over.

like Beverly Hills or something else infantile?

Despite the general mood of this thread, tt is good that the AFL will likely go ahead within WA (whether WA teams are FIFO or not). But its not a good look when regular people can't get exemptions.

Despite the general mood of this thread, tt is good that the AFL will likely go ahead within WA (whether WA teams are FIFO or not). But its not a good look when regular people can't get exemptions.

Fake news.

Sports teams are not being given exemptions to just enter and wander around WA at their leisure. That is what is being inferred in that article. They are test, quarantined in a mini hub situation, are not allowed to wander around in public and then they leave the next day. All very strict protocols.

So comparing a sporting team visiting WA to play for 24 hours under tight restrictions is not the same as a traveler needing to go through the standard hotel quarantine so they then can enter the general public and do what they came to do.

Sorry but the two situations are miles apart.

I can understand the parents disappointment but the situations are not similar at all.

Western Australia has set a goal to re-open its borders on the weekend of March 12-14.

The tentative date, which a WA government source confirmed as the state’s preferred scenario to foxfooty.com.au, would be a huge win for the AFL and Cricket Australia.

Never

In

Doubt ;) :straining: :$

The whole thing would be sorted if selfish, lazy arseholes got off their selfish, lazy arseholes and went and got their booster shots. As soon as that's done, WA opens.

As far as taking advice from the other states and opinionated tools in this forum, watching you from afar it's been handled so brilliantly wouldn't you say...

Oh wait. How many deaths again ?

Rest of Australia - thousands upon thousands

WA - SFA

If you don't know what you're talking about, try shutting your hole.

The whole thing would be sorted if selfish, lazy arseholes got off their selfish, lazy arseholes and went and got their booster shots. As soon as that's done, WA opens.

As far as taking advice from the other states and opinionated tools in this forum, watching you from afar it's been handled so brilliantly wouldn't you say...

WA - SFA

Delaying the inevitable isn't genius.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA - SFA

Thousands upon thousands? Really ?

Take a bit of perspective and see how other western countries death rates are in comparison to the big bad eastern states

Ahhh, I should have been more specific. 1,000 apologies.

Tigers avoided playing the Eagles in WA in those premiership years.....how fortunate.

AFL just loves to prop up its favorites. Just like the Lions still have never played the Eagles at Optus. The Suns seem to but not the Lions.

2022 fixture.............no Lions v Eagles in Perth, 4 seasons in a row Lions avoided a tough away game. Its ok, they play Freo though. ;) :grimacing: :think: :confusedv1:

The Demons will be there though. Who cares about Richmond and Brisbane? Irrelevant.

Delaying the inevitable isn't genius.

Well that would depend on what the time gained was used for.

You can prepare for the inevitable so when it occurs the cost is not as bad.

Or you could do what NSW did, throw arms in the air, open borders and give up with no meaningful restrictions and let it rip.

I would prefer the planned conservative approach thanks.

And there is no arguement which way saves more lives in the long run. No arguement at all.

And the Health department is now predicting fewer hospitalisations and deaths, and a smaller peak, in mid-March. From being effectively last in vaccinations, WA is leading the country in third doses. The prediction is this will lead to far fewer people being symptomatic. I was critical of the border delay, but if he goes ahead and reopens in March as suggested, and these predictions prove accurate, then I'll admit I was wrong and it was a sensible pause.

I take the modelling with a grain of salt as all political parties skew the data in favour of their own agendas.

I mean MM stood there with the delay speech and claimed if he opened the modelling suggested they could get up to 300,000 cases a day which was clear fear mongering. Even Victoria and NSW with far greater, condensed populations didn’t get even close to that…

Now that that cases have further significantly dipped which is was already happening when his delay call was made their using the modelling to say it’s ‘safe’ to open to ease the fear they instilled into the locals for 2 years.

To me a good comparison would’ve been with SA which has a far more similar population base.
Constantly at 1,500 cases a day, peaked 8,500 for basically a day and currently just over 100 in hospital.
If the WA hospital system couldn’t cope with numbers similar to this then there’s clearly something wrong with MM’s leadership when it comes to healthcare infrastructure.

Well that would depend on what the time gained was used for.

You can prepare for the inevitable so when it occurs the cost is not as bad.

Or you could do what NSW did, throw arms in the air, open borders and give up with no meaningful restrictions and let it rip.

I would prefer the planned conservative approach thanks.

And there is no arguement which way saves more lives in the long run. No arguement at all.
You mean like Queensland did. Only letting vaxxed into the state, into pubs, into shops, into old peoples homes. sports events, government buildings, cafes while mandating masks everywhere.
There is an argument, it's called data.
And that data say's it's inevitable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back