Where will Fremantle and West Coast play most of their home games this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree. It would not surprise if in 4-6 weeks WA will have more cases per day than Victoria.
There is a fast spreading omicron b variant out in belgium too

I think they will still try to keep numbers down through restrictons, isolation etc but they will limit numbers travelling.

There comes a point though where contact tracing has little impact.

Given everything theyve done I wouldnt be at all surprised if they completely shut down gyms nd indoor soorts venues. Its possible Mcgowan could try to impose lockdowns if the health system is so bad

24 cases today and the health minister has conceded that Omnicron is in WA and zero Covid isn't possible any longer.

Fast forward 8 weeks and travel for FIFO will be relaxed with Covid management plans in place.

this is all about building expectation

WA built an expectation on a lie spread by its government and now the government needs time to transition the expectations. This can only be done with time and reducing the stats between east and west

With only 24 cases and many of them already in isolation, they should be able to stop it unless McGowans contract tracing is as poor as his health system.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't think we want to stop it. Otherwise we would go into 7 days lock down/ stay at home orders

How very dramatic.

How about they play each other round 1. The AFL reminds the WA voting public what a good game of football is like.

Then both teams relocate to either Melbourne or Adelaide. Stay there until mid season, 8 or 9 weeeks, Vic clubs did it longer in 2020.

Mid season break both teams head home and play each other again after the break. Re-assess restrictions then.

I reckon that's pretty close to what I mentioned.

Maybe at the start of the season and the mid season bye they could play some in WA, who knows.

In the past 2 seasons, clubs have gone to WA and played blocks of games, they've isolated for a week, played each other during that first week (against every other protocol McGowan has in place) and then after two weeks they have been allowed to play the WA teams.

The WA voting public don't have to vote in a state election for over 3 years. People forget things by next week, let alone in 3 years time.

this is all about building expectation

WA built an expectation on a lie spread by its government and now the government needs time to transition the expectations. This can only be done with time and reducing the stats between east and west

I don't think we want to stop it. Otherwise we would go into 7 days lock down/ stay at home orders
The plan to get boosters up is fundamentally flawed. Cant see wa teams playing in wa if he holds to it.

10% arent double vaxxed yet. Will need time to do so.

% of people not eligible for booster
% of people wont get it as theyve been lied to.
will take time to roll out (too long)
B strain in Europe spreading faster
Children will still be spreaders

Israel have 9 mil population 4 doses rolling out, nearly 3 times as many deaths.

The plan to get boosters up is fundamentally flawed. Cant see wa teams playing in wa if he holds to it.

10% arent double vaxxed yet. Will need time to do so.

% of people not eligible for booster
% of people wont get it as theyve been lied to.
will take time to roll out (too long)
B strain in Europe spreading faster
Children will still be spreaders

Israel have 9 mil population 4 doses rolling out, nearly 3 times as many deaths.

we have over 600k triple vaxxed, which are the most vulnerable and key staff which is close to 99%. by Feb 5 we will be at 850k which drives deep into the middle aged bracket.

Under 18 the World Health Authority has dismissed the risk and doesn't recommend vaccines like novovax. So waiting for kids double vax is just noise.

and definitely yes re the lies

• we won't use the app other than for health - suckers we are tracking people and arresting them
  • we will open up when we hit 90% - suckers, did you really believe that?
  • we are definitely opening up feb 5 - how many lies do you believe you gullible morons

lastly, an uncle just caught covid a second time after being vaxxed four times. It seems vax is perfect for reducing symptoms but we are kidding ourselves to think there is reason to not open up.

Last edited:
Perth Population 1.95 million.. Melbourne population 5.1 million... Can you still see it happening ?
Yes, I can see Victoria numbers drop to 1K or even below while WA having 3-4K. SA peaked at 5K (1.7M). QLD 25K (5M). Boosters could make difference in WA.

Last edited:
...and in 2020 all the Victorian clubs went into various hubs all around the country.

Will both WCE and Freo hub indefinitely, maybe for the whole season? Simmo was whinging after a few weeks last year.

It's 2022, the rest of the country has moved on from 15 days of isolation / quarantine for domestic travel.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the AFL doesn't already have an alternate fixture up their sleeve that doesn't include the WCE and Freo
Given the choice i want freo to hub in tassie or canberra or adelaide.

Victoria would be the last state i want freo to hub.

Freo have teams like carlton and saints twice.

How was it fair freo had Carlton twice and both were in Victoria?

Basically that means any vic side have freo twice is automatically 2 wins chalked up.

this is all
...and in 2020 all the Victorian clubs went into various hubs all around the country.

Will both WCE and Freo hub indefinitely, maybe for the whole season? Simmo was whinging after a few weeks last year.

It's 2022, the rest of the country has moved on from 15 days of isolation / quarantine for domestic travel.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the AFL doesn't already have an alternate fixture up their sleeve that doesn't include the WCE and Freo

Lol.

The AFL breaches its tv rights deal and axes two of the biggest cash cows of the competition. In other words send itself broke.

Sure THATs really going to happen.

Maybe think a little before posting next time.

McGowan has almost made that impossible now with his declaration of "indefinitely". The West has just shut itself off fhrom the rest of the country, he can go it alone and so should the AFL..at least for this coming season, kick out the two Perth teams for 2022 or "indefinitely"!

Enjoy going broke........

What a dumb post. Like really dumb.

Supose they could bring in a Tassie team and another Sydney side.....and go broke faster.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given the choice i want freo to hub in tassie or canberra or adelaide.

Victoria would be the last state i want freo to hub.

Freo have teams like carlton and saints twice.

How was it fair freo had Carlton twice and both were in Victoria?

Basically that means any vic side have freo twice is automatically 2 wins chalked up.

I've heard it all now, someone complaining about having to play Carlton twice anywhere.

Yes, I can see Victoria numbers drop to 1K or even below while WA having 3-4K. SA peaked at 5K (1.7M). QLD 25K (5M). Boosters could make difference in WA.

Hasnt in Israel

Yep, let's not think covid is going anywhere for a long time and even when it does go, don't expect it isn't coming back

The count now can't be the number of covid infections but rather ICU and deaths. Further it isn't even worthwhile contact tracing, RAT testing or any testing other than when one presents themselves sick enough to go to hospital.

Let's not forget during lock down over the last 2 years, covid has killed just 10% of of what influenza and pneumonia has AND even at its peak now, with the benefit of vax, it remains less than influenza and pneumonia.

Lol.

The AFL breaches its tv rights deal and axes two of the biggest cash cows of the competition. In other words send itself broke.

Sure THATs really going to happen.

Maybe think a little before posting next time.

Why are they cash cows?

Their games are still delayed broadcasts locally so most would watch on Foxtel I'd imagine. Outside of WA and the supporters of whichever club they're playing, who watches them? Apart from the time zone issues, is there a reason they tend to get a lot of s**t slots? The west is a much smaller market than the east.

WCE are no doubt a financial powerhouse, for themselves, but I wouldn't be so sure they are for the league and 17 other clubs.

If they went into hiatus for a season, that leaves 16 clubs in time zones within half an hour of each other, that makes things much simpler.

Thursday night, Friday night, 3 games each on Saturday and Sunday, no overlapping, beautiful.

24 cases today and the health minister has conceded that Omnicron is in WA and zero Covid isn't possible any longer.

Fast forward 8 weeks and travel for FIFO will be relaxed with Covid management plans in place.

You won't be allowed into WA without having had your booster at this point in time, this is the current rule and I can't see McGowan dropping that. I haven't seen anywhere that says the AFL have made these mandatory.

Why are they cash cows?

Their games are still delayed broadcasts locally so most would watch on Foxtel I'd imagine. Outside of WA and the supporters of whichever club they're playing, who watches them? Apart from the time zone issues, is there a reason they tend to get a lot of sh*t slots? The west is a much smaller market than the east.

WCE are no doubt a financial powerhouse, for themselves, but I wouldn't be so sure they are for the league and 17 other clubs.

If they went into hiatus for a season, that leaves 16 clubs in time zones within half an hour of each other, that makes things much simpler.

Thursday night, Friday night, 3 games each on Saturday and Sunday, no overlapping, beautiful.

TV Rights contract.

Pretty simple. Would at a min need the remaining sides to cover lost games.

And if you don't think the WA sides don't bank roll the competition to a certain degree you don't understand the competition.

Yep, let's not think covid is going anywhere for a long time and even when it does go, don't expect it isn't coming back

The count now can't be the number of covid infections but rather ICU and deaths. Further it isn't even worthwhile contact tracing, RAT testing or any testing other than when one presents themselves sick enough to go to hospital.

Let's not forget during lock down over the last 2 years, covid has killed just 10% of of what influenza and pneumonia has AND even at its peak now, with the benefit of vax, it remains less than influenza and pneumonia.

What a load of tripe.

Making up stats now?

So in the past two years Covid has killed less people than influenza and pneumonia?

Please link to your source.....evidence.

What a load of tripe.

Making up stats now?

So in the past two years Covid has killed less people than influenza and pneumonia?

Please link to your source.....evidence.

during the lockdown influenza and pneumonia was responsible for ten times more deaths than covid

In 2020:
  • The leading cause of death was ischaemic heart diseases (IHD).
  • Dementia, including Alzheimer's disease was the second leading cause of death. People who died from dementia had a high median age at death of 89.1.
  • Cerebrovascular diseases, lung cancer and chronic lower respiratory diseases rounded out the top five leading causes.
  • Deaths from the five leading causes all decreased from 2019.
  • There were 55 deaths due to influenza. Influenza and pneumonia dropped to the 17th leading cause of death (down from the 9th leading cause in 2019). The ranking of influenza and pneumonia is influenced by the severity of the flu season.
  • Suicide was the 15th leading cause of death. People who died from suicide had median age at death of 43.5.
  • COVID-19 was the 38th leading cause of death, with 898 deaths recorded through the civil registration system.

Respiratory diseases​

Respiratory diseases include causes of death such as pneumonia, influenza, and chronic lower respiratory diseases (including emphysema and chronic bronchitis). Deaths due to COVID-19 are not included in this category. COVID-19 deaths are captured using WHO issued emergency codes U07.1 and U07.2 and are not currently grouped with any other diseases, though they are included in the total number of deaths and are presented in the data downloads.

• There were 11,023 deaths from respiratory diseases between January and October 2021.
  • This is 1,259 deaths (10.3%) below the 2015-19 average, but remains 8.1% higher than the 10,199 deaths at the same point in 2020.
  • During September 2021 there were 1,104 deaths due to respiratory diseases, which is 4.8% more than in September 2020, but remains 30.3% below the baseline average.
  • During October 2021 there were 1,068 deaths due to respiratory diseases, which is 15.7% more than in October 2020, but remains 18.2% below the baseline average.
In 2020
There were 55 deaths due to influenza. Influenza and pneumonia dropped to the 17th leading cause of death (down from the 9th leading cause in 2019). The ranking of influenza and pneumonia is influenced by the severity of the flu season.

Then looking at the stats opening up covid at peak in a double vax Australia will still be lower than influenza and pneumonia based on the same source.

TV Rights contract.

Pretty simple. Would at a min need the remaining sides to cover lost games.

And if you don't think the WA sides don't bank roll the competition to a certain degree you don't understand the competition.
What you mean a fairer draw? Those lost games? And as for bankrolling the competition pfttt

during the lockdown influenza and pneumonia was responsible for ten times more deaths than covid

In 2020:
  • The leading cause of death was ischaemic heart diseases (IHD).
  • Dementia, including Alzheimer's disease was the second leading cause of death. People who died from dementia had a high median age at death of 89.1.
  • Cerebrovascular diseases, lung cancer and chronic lower respiratory diseases rounded out the top five leading causes.
  • Deaths from the five leading causes all decreased from 2019.
  • There were 55 deaths due to influenza. Influenza and pneumonia dropped to the 17th leading cause of death (down from the 9th leading cause in 2019). The ranking of influenza and pneumonia is influenced by the severity of the flu season.
  • Suicide was the 15th leading cause of death. People who died from suicide had median age at death of 43.5.
  • COVID-19 was the 38th leading cause of death, with 898 deaths recorded through the civil registration system.

Respiratory diseases​

Respiratory diseases include causes of death such as pneumonia, influenza, and chronic lower respiratory diseases (including emphysema and chronic bronchitis). Deaths due to COVID-19 are not included in this category. COVID-19 deaths are captured using WHO issued emergency codes U07.1 and U07.2 and are not currently grouped with any other diseases, though they are included in the total number of deaths and are presented in the data downloads.

• There were 11,023 deaths from respiratory diseases between January and October 2021.
  • This is 1,259 deaths (10.3%) below the 2015-19 average, but remains 8.1% higher than the 10,199 deaths at the same point in 2020.
  • During September 2021 there were 1,104 deaths due to respiratory diseases, which is 4.8% more than in September 2020, but remains 30.3% below the baseline average.
  • During October 2021 there were 1,068 deaths due to respiratory diseases, which is 15.7% more than in October 2020, but remains 18.2% below the baseline average.
In 2020
There were 55 deaths due to influenza. Influenza and pneumonia dropped to the 17th leading cause of death (down from the 9th leading cause in 2019). The ranking of influenza and pneumonia is influenced by the severity of the flu season.

Then looking at the stats opening up covid at peak in a double vax Australia will still be lower than influenza and pneumonia based on the same source.

that last point about the number of Covid deaths surely that’s not right there were over 1000 in victoria alone if we believe the news, maybe Obeanie1 has more credible figures than the official causes of death

Remove this Banner Ad

Back