Where will Fremantle and West Coast play most of their home games this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS (Kayo) Also AFL Member so all clubs
.. given that McGowan has abandoned any plans to open the border anytime soon. I havent heard of any contingency plans by the AFL.

Round 1 could be a derby in WA, also the round after the bye could be in WA (if they are allowed back)

Or too early to start thinking ahead?

El Presidente Mark isn't thinking ahead, only the loony isolationists like him.

No Cricket.
No Footy.
No Tourists.

We should just send the tanks in.

No Cricket.
No Footy.
No Tourists.

If you could please would be appreciated, if I could also ask another favour, would you mind strapping a pallet of toilet paper to each one? Currently looking for alternative options here…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

.. given that McGowan has abandoned any plans to open the border anytime soon. I havent heard of any contingency plans by the AFL.

Round 1 could be a derby in WA, also the round after the bye could be in WA (if they are allowed back)

Or too early to start thinking ahead?

mcgowan has responded to the polls rather than health

when the polls turn due to AFL he will flip which I predict will be preseason

No Cricket.
No Footy.
No Tourists.

Why would WA want to follow the east coast today ? I understand some people want certainty in an uncertain time & jumping for any placebo ...

Do you know what is going to happen next week - when was 'freedom day' acclaimed by any number of people who could see the future. Missed the rush of explanations of their premature evaluation, as yet another placebo attracts their attention.

As for tanks, ;) , the iron ore & LNG dollars are still kicking in to Australias balance of trade numbers & the WA grain crop dollars are around record $s. There is nothing to worry the latte sippers, the avo prices arent going to worry 'the hip pocket nerve'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will be very unpopular, but the AFL must make a ruling on both clubs now? They either both relocate to Melbourne, Adelaide or Sydney or miss the season completely? Lease the players who can get out of McClown town and come back next year? The WA Government has made it impossible to conduct a full AFL season in line with the other states, now we have the news that Jack Darling won't get a shot? Teams are going to get Omricon and there will be occasions when teams will have to make many changes without notice on game day. The West is out of the 2022 season IMO. It's dramatic, but the West has made the decision to backflip on re-opening.

People I respect: Novax, Liam Jones.

Things I don’t respect: Myself, my body and around 95% of Australians

Last edited:
Only if the AFL can get concessions for teams not to quarantine for more than a day beforehand. Which is very unlikely

Its not just the quarantine though. What happens when a player tests positive in WA? They cant be forced to isolate for 14 days, also close contact rules as well. If a whole team has to quarantine for 14 days after a player tests positive it will shut the season down for a month each time. Then there is West Coast and Freo players flying back into Perth every second week. Some players/staff members will definitely pick up the virus when they travel, so they can't have the whole team isolating each time a player tests positive in WA.

Eagles will have to play out of Jack Darling's backyard...

Anyway the obvious answer is send WC to Adelaide as they actually enjoy footy & send Freo to the SCG where no one will care to attend.

Its not just the quarantine though. What happens when a player tests positive in WA? They cant be forced to isolate for 14 days, also close contact rules as well. If a whole team has to quarantine for 14 days after a player tests positive it will shut the season down for a month each time. Then there is West Coast and Freo players flying back into Perth every second week. Some players will definitely pick up the virus when they travel, so they can't have the whole team isolating each time a player tests positive in WA.
Perth Scorchers havent been playing at home since early in the BBL season. The way it is at the moment I doubt there will be any games in WA unless its the first game of the season, maybe 2 derbies B2B.

The 2 clubs will either have to forfeit season 2022 or just base themselves somewhere else but give it a month and it will definitely be up for discussion in AFL circles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back