Where will Fremantle and West Coast play most of their home games this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

If Season 2022 for Freo n WC was based out of WA that would be the end for Freo, WC might have enough cash reserves to see them through but not Fremantle. It could only work if the license owners and the AFL come to some agreement to underwriting the losses. Since both licences are owned by the WAFC one doubts the WA govt going to fork out cash as it would create a huge precedent .

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

If it came to that, I think the WA government would stump up the cash. Isn't McGowan a Freo supporter (sort of) too?

It's never hurt Geelong having state premiers that support the club, especially when it's come to redeveloping Kardinia Park.

I highly doubt that either WC or Freo will have to hub this year.

Either the borders will be open by then, or the footy teams will have an arrangement where they can enter and leave in strict conditions

It's not 2020 anymore where he can get away with that. I know he still has massive support over there but if he did what you suggested, they'd just about burn state parliament down.

It's not 2020 anymore where he can get away with that. I know he still has massive support over there but if he did what you suggested, they'd just about burn state parliament down.
Oh I agree, I'm in the open up camp

This months average annualised is 12k and the experts and governments are calling we have reached peak, which is the guidance adopted.........and yes it is a reality we are double vaxxed and EVEN triple vaxxed most of our essential workers and the vulnerable.
What exactly are you trying to say here?

And regarding pneumonia. Covid and viruses cause pneumonia. So does lying in a hospital bed and not moving.

So how can you use pneumonia stats saying it's worse than covid. Increased Covid actually drives up cases of pneumonia.

Nice way of manipulating stats though to suit an agenda.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that either WC or Freo will have to hub this year.

Either the borders will be open by then, or the footy teams will have an arrangement where they can enter and leave in strict conditions
Perth Glory and Perth Scorchers arent playing home games at the moment. Dont think the AFL will get any special considerations.

But round 1 is 7 weeks away so I suppose a bit can change in that timeframe.

That being said... Gold Coast would need to know the situation by start of march. If they have to quarantine for 2 weeks they would need to land by the 6th March.

Perth Glory and Perth Scorchers arent playing home games at the moment. Dont think the AFL will get any special considerations.

That being said... Gold Coast would need to know the situation by start of march. If they have to quarantine for 2 weeks they would need to land by the 6th March.
The Glory and Scorchers have played all their games before Feb 5, that date still holds some significance as more exemptions will be available from that date

Why would anyone burn state parliament down if strict travel and other conditions were in place when opening up?

Depends on the conditions.

No way should WA do what NSW did and just throw open the gates and society with no conditions at all. That's how it turned to sh!t in NSW and Vic.

Open the borders sure, travelers must be double or triple vaxed. Must pass a RAT test the day they travel and day 3 after arrival. Wear masks indoors or in large outdoor events.

All pretty reasonable stuff to slow the curve and not end up like NSW or Vic. And would be fully supported by 98% of WA voters.

Open up with no restrictions at all?

And end up exactly where NSW and Victoria are and have been.

How about they learn from other states mistakes and open up with reasonable and effective conditions to slow the spread?
Oh yeah obviously restrictions in place (have to be at least double vaxed, return negative PCR 24 hous before departure ect) but shouldn't have to hotel quarantine for 2 weeks if you meet these restrictions

If I was Gold Coast, I'd tell the AFL to get F**** if they had to quarantine to play Round 1. 2 weeks quarantine is not a workable option this season.

The thing about covid is that there is evidence of a cycle in way variants come & go. Today is not the settings the AFL/clubs/Government will be looking at when the decisios are made, i.e 'But round 1 is 7 weeks away so I suppose a bit can change in that timeframe.'
Based on your logic, mid Feb is when the BS stops & it makes sense to me.

Why would anyone burn state parliament down if strict travel and other conditions were in place when opening up?

Depends on the conditions.

No way should WA do what NSW did and just throw open the gates and society with no conditions at all. That's how it turned to sh!t in NSW and Vic.

Open the borders sure, travelers must be double or triple vaxed. Must pass a RAT test the day they travel and day 3 after arrival. Wear masks indoors or in large outdoor events.

All pretty reasonable stuff to slow the curve and not end up like NSW or Vic. And would be fully supported by 98% of WA voters.

We're talking in the context of the footy season and whether or not WCE and Freo will be hubbing, playing home and away games as per normal or not playing at all.

Part of the strict travel restrictions are very limited exemptions to re-enter WA and 15 days isolation upon return including anyone who may be in the household with you.

The highlighted might sound reasonable to you but it's not what's been happening and he has shown no inclination to change. Is the test 3 days after arrival a PCR test or a RAT one? Is the person allowed to just wander around for the 3 days or do they have to isolate for 3 days, have the test and then they're free to go if it's negative?

Are you proposing that a regular WA resident after first begging to be let back in to WA can enter provided they are triple jabbed (if eligible), self isolate for 15 days along with anyone else who is in their household, while footy players can come and go off the back of a couple of RATs? Is that your what you're saying? If you think 98% of WA voters would be happy with that, you've got rocks in your head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly are you trying to say here?

And regarding pneumonia. Covid and viruses cause pneumonia. So does lying in a hospital bed and not moving.

So how can you use pneumonia stats saying it's worse than covid. Increased Covid actually drives up cases of pneumonia.

Nice way of manipulating stats though to suit an agenda.

no

because the stats for death FROM influenza and pneumonia are specifically excluded from death WITH covid

We're talking in the context of the footy season and whether or not WCE and Freo will be hubbing, playing home and away games as per normal or not playing at all.

Part of the strict travel restrictions are very limited exemptions to re-enter WA and 15 days isolation upon return including anyone who may be in the household with you.

The highlighted might sound reasonable to you but it's not what's been happening and he has shown no inclination to change. Is the test 3 days after arrival a PCR test or a RAT one? Is the person allowed to just wander around for the 3 days or do they have to isolate for 3 days, have the test and then they're free to go if it's negative?

Are you proposing that a regular WA resident after first begging to be let back in to WA can enter provided they are triple jabbed (if eligible), self isolate for 15 days along with anyone else who is in their household, while footy players can come and go off the back of a couple of RATs? Is that your what you're saying? If you think 98% of WA voters would be happy with that, you've got rocks in your head.

No I am saying that when WA opens up it will have reasonable protocols to slow the spread and help the health system. Two or regenerative RAT tests, one on the day of travel. Vaccinated likely triple (Yes if eligible).

Unlike what NSW did and they paid a price.

Additional protocols for FIFO footy teams isn't hard either.

McGowan will change his stance once Covid is in the WA community.......Which is becoming apparent now. In 7 weeks time it will be well and truly in WA.

He can't keep WA locked up to keep Covid out if it's already there and spreading. He can slow it down.

We play GC at home in round 1, and we play them again in the second half of the season. A good idea would be for us to play them at Metricon in round 1 and then fly into a proposed hub for round 2 onward, and then we play GC later in the year in Perth.

Might be a good idea to see which teams us and Freo play twice, and see if any home fixtures in the first half of the season can be swapped.

I can imagine the unsettling thing for players and their families is the uncertainty.

Clubs should push for a hub in Melbourne until the break. WA will be open by then so then return home.

Gives both clubs plenty of good Melbourne experience with a definite end date and then home games the back half of the season.

Another thing that could end up happening is it starts raging through WA while SA and the east coast continue to trend down. In that scenario, perhaps other states will then ban people out of WA and force them into hubs.

jack darling told me that if i had covid and got hit by a car then my death would be listed as covid

you're welcome to rely upon Jack Darling but I would suggest you put your reliance on the source data which specifically state covid is not included in the influenza and pneumonia stats

Remove this Banner Ad

Back