Analysis Where will our goals come from?

Which players on the list can average one goal per game in season 2021?

• Taberner

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • Walters

Votes: 66 71.7%
  • Fyfe

Votes: 38 41.3%
  • Schultz

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Crowden

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Lobb

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sturt

Votes: 53 57.6%
  • Henry

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Frederick

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Switkowski

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Colyer

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cuddles... dat you??

Ha ha yeah , I’m not against a bit of strategic results manipulation if it helps you achieve your long term goals

Maybe the AFL does us a solid and gives us a tough draw to start and we don’t have to soil our hands

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Matthew Parker as delisted free agent??

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone able to post article about Fyfe and Walters playing forward?

Think it’s a great idea.

Taberner, Fyfe, Lobb, Walters, Sturt and Schultz is on paper a capable front 6.

Darcy, Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong, Tucker, Acres can run midfield and wings.

Back 6 is solid.

Superkoops

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Anyone able to post article about Fyfe and Walters playing forward?

Think it’s a great idea.

Taberner, Fyfe, Lobb, Walters, Sturt and Schultz is on paper a capable front 6.

Darcy, Brayshaw, Cerra, Serong, Tucker, Acres can run midfield and wings.

Back 6 is solid.
Sounded like from the JL interview today that we will see Walters predominantly i50 and the on-field forward leader. Fyfe and Mundy will also spend some time resting forward but will play through the middle more than Walters.

Bring back Drum

Mundy4Hundy
Jul 8, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really excited about the prospect of a fit Henry with a (somewhat) decent preseason under his belt.
I’m almost glad he didn’t come in & dominate off that limited preparation as he’ll be hungrier for success, which will drive him this preseason. He would have realised that AFL footys not easy from the few games he played, which will have him ready mentally for next season.

Oct 5, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Dist, Rockets, Glasgow Rangers
Why do we still have Banfield in limbo without a contract, surely it shouldn't matter about the list sizes, we have tried him in a few roles over the years and he has been pretty ordinary and no other team wants him so wouldn't it be better just to delist him and pick up a late pick from the WAFL, maybe like a Corey Gault, Sam Fisher, Jackson Ramsay, Tyler Keitel

I agree, his last few games have been ordinary. I wonder with a young group they think it's worth keeping him around because of his professionalism in terms of training, the gym, his diet, etc. That combined with his ability to play multiple roles might be seen as valuable even if he's number 36, 37, 38 on the list and unlikely to play in 2021.

Oct 25, 2002
Roleystone
AFL Club
Fremantle

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201109-094706.png
    Screenshot_20201109-094706.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 198

apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
JL fancies Switta. Mentioned the return of Sturt and Switta as a way of improving our forwardline. With Fyfe and Walters, as well of course.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok...what if Lobb or Tabs go down? Or both.

No depth
You either play shorter. You shift Cox forward. Or most likely of all, you play the KPF (or KPFs) we draft this year and use it as a great opportunity for them to gain some AFL experience.

If we trade in some tall spud just for injury cover I will be spewing. Luckily everything said by Bell and Longmuir has filled me with confidence we are not going to do that.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
You either play shorter. You shift Cox forward. Or most likely of all, you play the KPF (or KPFs) we draft this year and use it as a great opportunity for them to gain some AFL experience.

If we trade in some tall spud just for injury cover I will be spewing. Luckily everything said by Bell and Longmuir has filled me with confidence we are not going to do that.

If pick up a dfa tall over giving Bewley a contract.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
If pick up a dfa tall over giving Bewley a contract.
We have 36 on the main list, plus 1 (Cat A) rookie and 1 Cat B rookie.

Good chance Bewley isn't on our list just so we can make room for us to draft 4 in the ND. I'd personally choose drafting 4 players over 3 and a DFA. If main lists are restricted to 38 we need to delist 2 more (of Banfield, Bewley and Schultz) - we're keeping Schultz, so not looking good for the other two.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
More I think about it, the more likely freo will use a rookie pick on a tall forward just like tabs in the 2013 rookie draft.

We all know that Taberner and Lobb are both 27 years old. Both have 3, possibly 4 years of decent footy left.

KPFs take a good 3-4 years to develop. Timing would be good.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
More I think about it, the more likely freo will use a rookie pick on a tall forward just like tabs in the 2013 rookie draft.

We all know that Taberner and Lobb are both 27 years old. Both have 3, possibly 4 years of decent footy left.

KPFs take a good 3-4 years to develop. Timing would be good.

Yep I agree that we will target a tall onto that last rookie spot we are likely to have and not use the main list for it.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yep I agree that we will target a tall onto that last rookie spot we are likely to have and not use the main list for it.

I’d go Jaiden Hunter and develop him as a forward - he’s got the tools.

Either that or look at someone like Fraser Rosman - he sounds promising.

And, we had a little bit of luck with a soccer convert in the past so Liam Kolar might be worth the punt.

Last edited:

wahooo

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
We have the best midfielder (player) in the game and we’re going to play him forward.

Do. Not. Like.
He's a weapon up forward. So strong one on one, going to often draw the opposition's best defender, will create head aches for other teams. People knock his goal kicking but it's improved greatly from that 2013 grand final.

We can afford to play Fyfe forward courtesy of the exciting development we have seen from our young mids. No matter where Fyfe plays he'll be a joy to watch and he's still going to be rotating through the middle.

We may have the best midfielder in the game but we also have one of the best (admittedly still developing) young midfield groups. Don't know how anyone could be disappointed by having the flexibility to send Fyfe forward.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
We need to find/identify a new good medium half forward 6' to 6'3 (bigger frame) in addition to Sturt, that can compete in the air, smart kicks to others in the 50, regularly hit the scoreboard plus the defensive pressure. Our small forwards are all good but tiny under 6'.
Maybe try Valente, Acres or Hill, Bewley in the pre season.

That's with one of the bigger mids Fyfe, Mundy or Cera are always forward too.
So we need another chris mayne then?

Back