Analysis Where will our goals come from?

Which players on the list can average one goal per game in season 2021?

• Taberner

Votes: 82 89.1%
  • Walters

Votes: 66 71.7%
  • Fyfe

Votes: 38 41.3%
  • Schultz

Votes: 39 42.4%
  • Crowden

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Lobb

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Sturt

Votes: 53 57.6%
  • Henry

Votes: 19 20.7%
  • Frederick

Votes: 9 9.8%
  • Switkowski

Votes: 11 12.0%
  • Colyer

Votes: 4 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tucker could be that mid when he returns. He has averaged 0.5 goals a game when we've been fairly poo. Maybe now we're improving as a whole he can bump that average up a bit.
Your right, hopefully with better systems up the field meaning quicker & more quality inside 50’s, the whole group improves.

Need more goals from our mids too. Apart from Mundy none of them have looked threatening to the scoreboard this year.
Finals sides have midfielders who regularly chip in with goals.
Well there is another mid threatening to hit the scoreboard like no other mid in the comp, he’s just doing it a point at a time.

Ok so. We are exceeding my expectations as a forward line in terms of shots on goal, but our conversion is deplorable.

I've seen a bit of conjecture as to accuracy, but I'm not sure if people realise goalkicking accuracy is available on the official AFL app? I believe this statistic includes misses.

As a team we are 40.4% for goal kicking accuracy. This splits down to...

Taberner with 54% accuracy
Schultz with 76% accuracy
Colyer with 46% accuracy
Darcy with 50% accuracy
Mundy with 71% accuracy
Frederick with 28% accuracy
Switkowski with 40% accuracy
Walters with 57% accuracy
Brayshaw with 75% accuracy
Fyfe with 7% accuracy
Aish with 14% accuracy
Henry with 25% accuracy
Sturt with 50% accuracy
Acres at 33% accuracy
Serong at 0% accuracy
Lobb at 0% accuracy

It's grim reading.

Ok so. We are exceeding my expectations as a forward line in terms of shots on goal, but our conversion is deplorable.

I've seen a bit of conjecture as to accuracy, but I'm not sure if people realise goalkicking accuracy is available on the official AFL app? I believe this statistic includes misses.

As a team we are 40.4% for goal kicking accuracy. This splits down to...

Taberner with 54% accuracy
Schultz with 76% accuracy
Colyer with 46% accuracy
Darcy with 50% accuracy
Mundy with 71% accuracy
Frederick with 28% accuracy
Switkowski with 40% accuracy
Walters with 57% accuracy
Brayshaw with 75% accuracy
Fyfe with 7% accuracy
Aish with 14% accuracy
Henry with 25% accuracy
Sturt with 50% accuracy
Acres at 33% accuracy
Serong at 0% accuracy
Lobb at 0% accuracy

It's grim reading.
Schultz at 76% isn't grim at all. What a legend

Walters decline is alarming. Not even close to his rookie years. Is it attitude, frustration? He hasn’t been the same since Ross left. Hardly kicked more then 2 most games
5 goals 2 behinds this season for someone of his calibre.

Walters decline is alarming. Not even close to his rookie years. Is it attitude, frustration? He hasn’t been the same since Ross left. Hardly kicked more then 2 most games
He plays in the midfield majority of games

He seems lost at times. Get the impression with the interrupted preseason and adapting to a new game plan he is struggling to find his place. I wonder if playing him on the wing would reinvent his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walters straight line speed was never fast but his lateral movement used to lose his opponent. His degenerative knee has been bad for some time he can’t get away and is forced to play for frees to try and compete.

Still such a skilful player once he gets the ball but hard to get him the ball.

Back