Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Dead last

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Jan 7, 2011
Heaven. I mean Victoria.
AFL Club
St Kilda
I suspect any likelihood of us making the 8 went out the window once Carlisle needed surgery on his back and Hanners started to struggle with his strings, but then again, last year Collingwood improved an incredible amount despite a pretty vicious injury run, so stranger things have happened!

Highly unlikely though I would suggest.

Last year was a trainwreck, but I feel like we've learned from that and made a lot of necessary changes, so I'm very confident that we'll be a better team. We certainly looked like it on the weekend. Better organised, more efficient, etc.

We're also likely to have a much easier draw, which alone could equal a couple of extra wins.

Last edited:
Will be better than last year and hopefully get 15 to 20 games into 6 to 8 young boys at least
I have us at best 13/14th at worse 17th our list is very thin even without injuries, hopefully set some foundations for next year and beyond.
only as good as your last game/season

You guys know far more than I; are we on for finals? What's the general feeling? I'll be following the red, white and black again, so where are we heading this year? Will you make me spend a fortune to see a Grand Final in 2019? :p

Your money’s safe this year.

Hoping for a finish 8-10 but could be a trifle optimistic. ;)
Not sure anyone can really get a feel on how the Saints are going to go this year, as cliched as it is we could be anything, especially as I’m expecting a couple of other teams ( Swans, Hawks, North, Port) to head south and we do have an easier draw.

MUFKilda

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2017
Manchester, England
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United, Hibernian FC
we won 4.5 games last year need 12/13 games to make the 8 imo just unrealistic to expect that

I fancy sneaking seventh or eighth, then anything goes. I might be at the MCG in September with you guys....

"While I'm worth my room on this earth....".

Ekomaira

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just did the ladder predictor and I think the results speak for themself

63N1g0Z_d.jpg

man that's dark

nitewalker13

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Our key defender is out for 5 months and if Brown gets injured then it's going to be tough for battle, Joyce, Austin and Robbo.

Our midfield looks ok, with Steven (If he comes back on time), steele and Ross. And Hanners when he comes back.

Ruck option is between Pierce and Rowan, they need couple of season to become competitive.

Membrey and Bruce looks formidable, Paddy with confidence this year will make a huge difference.

Gresham, Billings, Hunter playing more in midfield this year will change few things but they need some time to adjust against experience side.

We got new coaches, new tactics, it takes time for everyone to play as one unit.

I reckon we will finish around 14 - 15.

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
With the enthusiasm and enjoyment that the players seem to be showing at training, then I would almost certainly say 7th or 8th. But..... yep there is always a but, realistically I reckon we will finish about 10th.

**so as you can see, I just covered my RRRR’s so that the end of the year when we revisit this page, I can say “I told you so”:p

I fancy sneaking seventh or eighth, then anything goes. I might be at the MCG in September with you guys....

"While I'm worth my room on this earth....".

I know the Proclaimers were very daggy , but they had some great songs .

Don’t Panic !!

I’m not going to go overboard because we beat North in a practice match , but I think we will win the flag and then go back to back to back. After all when we get Bytel back next year we will have 6 or 7 Jacks , couple of Joshes , a Jade , a Jimmy and a Jake . Hope I haven’t left anyone out . But no sides are going to come near us with so many J’s in it .

Don’t Panic !!

Our key defender is out for 5 months and if Brown gets injured then it's going to be tough for battle, Joyce, Austin and Robbo.

Our midfield looks ok, with Steven (If he comes back on time), steele and Ross. And Hanners when he comes back.

Ruck option is between Pierce and Rowan, they need couple of season to become competitive.

Membrey and Bruce looks formidable, Paddy with confidence this year will make a huge difference.

Gresham, Billings, Hunter playing more in midfield this year will change few things but they need some time to adjust against experience side.

We got new coaches, new tactics, it takes time for everyone to play as one unit.

I reckon we will finish around 14 - 15.

We have three areas of weakness, ruck with Longer the sole experienced player.....injured.

Backline, Carlisle out for pretty much the year and Brown missing early...we will likely play Joyce as our KPD a 2 game veteran who hadn't picked up a footy 4 years ago.

Finally the midfield with Stuv, our only top line player, who is out indefinitely and Hanners who has been elite potentially not making it back to what he was before. His last 2 years have been on par with Armo at the Swans so can't really hope for improvement there. Leaves Seb and Steele to be the mainstays and hope like hell Grehsam and Billings can transition in there.

Our forward line looks our strength with multiple options and Bruce back and Paddy starting to look better, Lonie improving and Parker, Young and Kent all likely options.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
I’m not going to go overboard because we beat North in a practice match , but I think we will win the flag and then go back to back to back. After all when we get Bytel back next year we will have 6 or 7 Jacks , couple of Joshes , a Jade , a Jimmy and a Jake . Hope I haven’t left anyone out . But no sides are going to come near us with so many J’s in it .

Don’t Panic !!

Best not to go near anyone who has the Jack, let alone so much of it.

I think we will win about 10 games, which could leave us anywhere from 14th-10th on the ladder.
10 wins would be a great result would be over the moon with that

LOL but would still want another coach for 2020 but thats for another thread so I dont trigger VDS66 ;)

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
Have no idea how this season pans out but I think the start is important. First 4 games are GC, Ess, Fre, Haw. If we go 2-2 from those then I think that sets us up ok and we could get to the 10 win mark, if we go 3-1 or 4-0 then we are rolling and could make finals.

1-3 or 0-4 and I'm worried.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
We have three areas of weakness, ruck with Longer the sole experienced player.....injured.

Backline, Carlisle out for pretty much the year and Brown missing early...we will likely play Joyce as our KPD a 2 game veteran who hadn't picked up a footy 4 years ago.

Finally the midfield with Stuv, our only top line player, who is out indefinitely and Hanners who has been elite potentially not making it back to what he was before. His last 2 years have been on par with Armo at the Swans so can't really hope for improvement there. Leaves Seb and Steele to be the mainstays and hope like hell Grehsam and Billings can transition in there.

Our forward line looks our strength with multiple options and Bruce back and Paddy starting to look better, Lonie improving and Parker, Young and Kent all likely options.

Very harsh on Hanners 2017 form. Would very happy if he got back to that. 2018 form doesn't help us.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Have no idea how this season pans out but I think the start is important. First 4 games are GC, Ess, Fre, Haw. If we go 2-2 from those then I think that sets us up ok and we could get to the 10 win mark, if we go 3-1 or 4-0 then we are rolling and could make finals.

1-3 or 0-4 and I'm worried.
I would be disappointed if we had less than 2 wins after the first 4 rounds. We have to beat GC really, if we dont then there is trouble. All Essendon, Freo and Hawthorn are missing important players and if we want a better year, are the type of teams we need to be beating. Surely we can upset against one of them.

Back