Rumour Where will Steve Johnson play from 2016?

Which Club do you think Steve Johnson could in 2016?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for him his drop in performance was massive, he went from a top 20 midfielder in the comp to a decent midsized forward, 12 months ago he would have found someone to take him. But his drop in output has team thinking how much more will he drop between now and round 1.
Don't forget that hip tightness ;)

Finishing your career in the vfl after giving your absolute all is much more honorable then going out whilst still having more to give. Chappy big respect.
And, if the stories are true, SJ accepted that this would be in his immediate future and was willing to do so. He also played a VFL game early this season, on return from injury- which shows he's certainly not averse to a VFL game.

I thought he did ok this season- particularly as he had that foot injury which restricted his preseason training. Maybe could've had more VFL time when needed early in the season but... meh, what can you do?

Rumour is that he was willing to play on rookies wages. If true kind of kills your argument. In any case we have heaps of cap room given we couldn't land the mystery mid. Salary doesn't explain it.

That rumour is exactly what it is... Rumour... makes some people fell better or worse i guess??... So my argument is pretty spot on i reckon...:)
It was more about him and the team... But i haven't seen that out there in media land... Well not yet... but it eventually will....

That rumour is exactly what it is... Rumour... makes some people fell better or worse i guess??... So my argument is pretty spot on i reckon...:)
It was more about him and the team... But i haven't seen that out there in media land... Well not yet... but it eventually will....
Perhaps. If johnson playa for another team on a low wage though it will prove otherwise. Particularly given he could put 100 grand of his wage outside the salary cap if at geelong unlike other teams

I think GCL meant his interaction with the rest of the players, nothing to do with his payments.
And you think that these rumours are any more credible? Its pretty horrible stuff to believe and if true it puts our whole club in a very bad light that one of the club legends gets on so badly with the rest of the playing group that they cant play together. Its Carey Stevens scandal type stuff. It sounds like an excuse fans are coming up with for the reason Johnson left. Many fans said the same thing when chapman left. We are desperate for a sound justification as to why the club is making the move and we are making stuff up rather than questioning it as a bad move.

And you think that these rumours are any more credible? Its pretty horrible stuff to believe and if true it puts our whole club in a very bad light that one of the club legends gets on so badly with the rest of the playing group that they cant play together. Its Carey Stevens scandal type stuff. It sounds like an excuse fans are coming up with for the reason Johnson left. Many fans said the same thing when chapman left. We are desperate for a sound justification as to why the club is making the move and we are making stuff up rather than questioning it as a bad move.
I thought it got blown up out of a comment from someone like Hocking or Cooky. Might be mistaken but, yes, there are many who enjoy any club scandal, despite purporting to be supporters of the GFC.

I thought it got blown up out of a comment from someone like Hocking or Cooky. Might be mistaken but, yes, there are many who enjoy any club scandal, despite purporting to be supporters of the GFC.
Watch that Adelaide game again and see how all the players run up to StevieJ when he kicks that goal in the last quarter. Didn't look like a bunch of guys who hated him, looked like guys who absolutely loved him. Whatever this rumour is, I call bullshit.

Clearly hated by the rest of the team. Those scenes in the last game don't lie. Players jumping on him for kicking a goal. When he refused to leave at the end of the game, senior players carried him off in retribution.
And everyone stood, cheered, and clapped to see the last of him :D

Clearly hated by the rest of the team. Those scenes in the last game don't lie. Players jumping on him for kicking a goal. When he refused to leave at the end of the game, senior players carried him off in retribution.
I hung around after the game with many supporters....... Just to make sure he left.

I had lunch with a past player today he tells me Scott was sick of SJ playing his own game out there and he was having a adverse influence on some young players.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dog has been one of my favourite players, however his discipline and the rumours of not listening to the coaching staff probbly left the club no choice.

It's possible he was making an effect on the younger players, clubs have to make the hard calls for long term gain.

Ayres and Snr was a totally different scenario.

Last edited:
Dog has been one of my favourite players, however his discipline and the rumours of not listening to the coaching staff probbly left the club no choice.

I think it had more to do with the fact he went from being an elite midfielder (finishing top 5 in the Brownlow despite being suspended) to just holding down HFF within a season that sealed his fate more than anything. Clubs are very resilient in dealing with different personalities, so I think you can treat that rumour as the bullshit it is. StevieJ might play somewhere else for another season, but his body is petering out quickly.

Last edited:
I had lunch with a past player today he tells me Scott was sick of SJ playing his own game out there and he was having a adverse influence on some young players.
How would a past player know exactly what was going on between SJ and Scott currently. SJ being SJ has been like that before Scott got there. You take the good with the bad until he can't deliver enough good. That's all.

How would a past player know exactly what was going on between SJ and Scott currently. SJ being SJ has been like that before Scott got there. You take the good with the bad until he can't deliver enough good. That's all.

And maybe that line was finally crossed in the minds of the MC and CS.

And if so, fair enough. They're employed by the GFC as those most capable of making such decisions.

Right now it is virtually impossible to deem the SJ move either a wise or a poor decision until we see how the boys play - individually, and as a unit - next year.

And maybe that line was finally crossed in the minds of the MC and CS.

And if so, fair enough. They're employed by the GFC as those most capable of making such decisions.

Right now it is virtually impossible to deem the SJ move either a wise or a poor decision until we see how the boys play - individually, and as a unit - next year.
Maybe cs has no man management skills

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Perhaps the team plan was no good, perhaps the team plan meant that we would not play players to advantage or to their skills, perhaps the team plan meant that we didn't have the best chance of winning, perhaps the team plan didn't include mid-field in and under players when we needed them, perhaps the team plan wasn't working.

So one player out of the whole playing list doesn't follow team directives and its Scott's fault.

Right
How possible is it that one player could be bigger then the club itself ?! That was proved wrong by what the club did in regards to chappy ? Scotty seems to me that he only listens too one person and one person only, in his mentor and former coach in Leigh Matthews. I wonder if he's taken more in being involved w the international rules set up, especially tapping into experienced head's like clarko and ross lyon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back