Where will the Swans next win come from?

When will next win be?

• Rd 7 @ Brisbane

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Rd 8 v Essendon

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Rd 9 @ North Melbourne (Tas)

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Rd 10 v Collingwood

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rd 11 @ Geelong

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rd 12 v WCE

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Later

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
You jest, but you are actually right. Our form in the NEAFL with 4 wins, is actually where our next win will come from once we start tapping into that good form & rewarding it with games in the seniors.
Unlikely. Once this kids start getting rewarded games in the seniors they will be played out of position and all previous good form will go out the window.

Unlikely. Once this kids start getting rewarded games in the seniors they will be played out of position and all previous good form will go out the window.

Let's say an inside mid (Dawson) tears up the NEAFL and gets promoted to the seniors, are you saying that he should replace Kennedy or Parker in the seniors as an inside mid?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Let's say an inside mid (Dawson) tears up the NEAFL and gets promoted to the seniors, are you saying that he should replace Kennedy or Parker in the seniors as an inside mid?

Parker is not a great inside mid so yes. Parker can play somewhere else.

Also to suggest that our midfield is so good that we couldn't possibly replace anyone in it is a bit disingenuous. Our midfield is shite.

Also to suggest that our midfield is so good that we couldn't possibly replace anyone in it is a bit disingenuous. Our midfield is shite.

its certainly working well at the moment hey

barry fu

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2009
The Chioggia clump
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Freo/Forest/Tricky Trees
Good heavens - I didn't quaff a quart of Chablis finest just to be sobered up by you lot!

It starts this Saturday yea of lilly liver.
Fu The fermented never loses two in a row - of live attendence.

Onwards To Victory!

That's a poor straw man.
The idea that players should only play in the seniors in the position they play in the Reserves doesn't fit with what happens in reality.
That is so for a whole stack of reasons.
The most obvious reason is that sometimes a Reserves player earns a senior spot but there isn't a spot for him in the seniors in position he plays in the Reserves.
It is also a long way from what happens in our club's circumstances because the NEAFL is so far short of the standard.
Remember when Mitchell kept getting 100 touches in the NEAFL? He would never have got a senior game if they hadn't picked him as a HFF at the start of his seniors career because there was no way he was going to directly replace any of our midfielders at that time.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
As far as I'm concerned lose every game but be competitive and work on a gameplan that will take us forward in the future. I'll happily take pick 1, continue a rebuild and hit free agency when the time is right. The 2017 premiers and 2018 runners up didn't even play finals the year before so things change quickly.

Aug 9, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Who knows. Perhaps the most disturbing thing is that we were competing for top spot with about 5 games to go in H & A last year and the only players lost are:

Hanners - playing crap
Rohan- 6 touches a game
Newman- fringe
Towers - fringe

So someone explain to me how loss of a few fringe players can decimate us as it has??? The rest of core has dropped. Must but why? Smith and Grundy injuries and age impacting defensive structure. Ok. Parker inconsistent in and out of games, Buddy a little off his usual high. But it's inexplicable to me and difficult to reconcile. Did we overachieve last year but found out in finals?. Was that loss pyschologically damaging? Our trademark was always contested footy and now we can't or won't do it. I have this need to understand things and I had thought that with an extra year in the youth brigade we would lift not fall but we have fallen. I'm starting to think that disenchantment within the group may be one explanation. Or perhaps the line between success and failure isn't as pronounced as is thought

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back