After four rounds we will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
The Sun say we own 3 sides .... if we can get past Melb R1 , we will be of to a good start as they are looking like a likely improver . Hawks are never push overs , The WCeagles in Perth are tough ..STK down here is the one should must win.

I say 3-1

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/691fdc31fc7d2d2562392c2f56bff600

GEELONG
Draw — Melbourne (MCG), Hawthorn (MCG), West Coast (Perth), St Kilda (KP)

The Cats own three of these teams.

They have won 12 of their past 13 against Melbourne, four in a row against Hawthorn and lost to St Kilda once in their past eight games.

That just leaves them a date with an Eagles outfit which farewelled hundreds of games worth of experience in the off-season.

The only red flag for the Cats could be hitting that West Coast clash flat. The club will travel to Perth on the back of a six day break.

It’s a long shot but if it takes the Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Patrick Dangerfield trio some time to gel, the Demons could strike in Round 1.

Best Case: 4-0

Worst Case: 2-2

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...n/news-story/691fdc31fc7d2d2562392c2f56bff600

True to form and coming back from playing interstate off short breaks I think we'll drop the saints game. But I’d rather the team need to work some things out at this time of the year rather than the back end.

We SHOULD be at least 3-1... I genuinely don't know what to expect from the Eagles and at the new stadium, no opposition team will get a free kick there all year and it could easily be the strongest home ground advantage in the comp... but we may catch them while they are unfamiliar with the ground still

3-1 and lose in Perth, although being a new stadium it wouldn't surprise If we went over there and won. I'm still not confident in our ability to travel.

The other 3 are monty's.

2-2

dont know how well Melbourne are going but that'll be the real test, think they will be more polished compared to last year and run rings around us (but hard to know until after the preseason)

WCE arent great but we dont travel that well so thats probably another loss

could be 2-2 or 4-0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

v Melbourne looms as a genuine 50:50 and difficult pick. The media is getting behind the Dees, and they will be primed. If Ablett plays we win

v Hawks - we should win

v WCE - game played at a neutral venue (for now), but as OP says we could be flat after a 6 day turnaround and coming off the usual high against Hawks.

v Saints - by how much?

Thinking 2-2 as i have a feeling Hawks will get us. Not enough grunt in the back with harry down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We SHOULD be at least 3-1... I genuinely don't know what to expect from the Eagles and at the new stadium, no opposition team will get a free kick there all year and it could easily be the strongest home ground advantage in the comp... but we may catch them while they are unfamiliar with the ground still
Interestingly the Swans won the free kick count there on Sunday, 28-20. I didn't expect to see that.

On the bright side, we'll be playing an Eagles team yet to win a game at the new stadium. :D

Back