Prediction Where will we end up

What will be our ladder position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

Club has really done us proud this year. Exceeded expectations in a big way, even the most rose coloured view.
Yeah, I just thought it was appropriate to show a corresponding gif from the "there's a chance" pick we've been using so much lately, now all chances are done. :D

Very impressed with a 12-10 season - our first positive ledger since 2012 and percentage over 95% is good too. I predicted 9 wins and 90% so we've exceeded both expectations (although 95 is below par for 12-10 ledger, need to limit the losses next year)

The most pleasing thing about this season (shut up Ross) is the development of our younger players - Gresham, Acres, Ross and Dunstan have really elevated themselves to the next level and Armo and Steven continued to provide the majority of the midfield grunt we required, ably assisted by veterans such as Joey, Roo, Fisher and Dempster. We have a very exciting list with an exciting playing style.

BUT, there is still plenty of room for improvement. I might be a little biased here, but I think the teams with most improvement left in them are Sydney, GWS and us. We need to focus on two key things next year: keeping our beltings to an absolute minimum and continuing to blood new players. We only debuted three players this year which for a team that will lost four veterans over the next two years seems a little light (frankly I was a bit surprised to find this out).

Next year, we must make finals. Simply put, if we don't make finals (even if we win more games and finish with higher percentage than this year) we have gone backwards. At the start of the year, everyone raved about melbourne and Collingwood and Richmond and midway through the year (before we broke them) Carlton and nobody offered a peep on us - well we've shown them all wrong. We were probably pretty fortunate with our draw so next year might be a little trickier but this year we didn't win a single game interstate which is the first time since 2002 so that's at least one thing we need to work on. We also need to work on putting the foot down and really finishing teams off - Carlton and Brisbane were the only two teams we really smashed this year and even Brisbane were allowed to score a hundred points (incidentally the first time we've both scored AND conceded a hundred points in a VICTORY since 2008) so we need to work on putting teams away to build percentage up as this year showed it can be the difference between a double chance and an elimination final.

What a great year!

My main hope for the year was development of players and being able to identify our top 25 going forward.

We have seen some surprises (Hickey over Longer & Membrey cementing position, rise of Ross and class of Gresh)

We have seen improvement in the middle and in our face ad attacking game plan.

Well done to the future AFL Legend big Roo who showed his class and versatility moving up the ground.

Unexpected: less progression with Billings than expected (probably expectations too high).

Well done Saints. So excited about new additions to the list for next year and older stronger top 25.

Back