Opinion Where will we find Wins?

Remove this Banner Ad

Spell in the 2's might do you good
mark_neeld_melbourne_demons_coach_400_18p0t38-18p0t5k.jpg

Slightly off topic, but can we get a gif made every time we made a mistake and Fox cut to the coaches box for footage of Roosy dropping the phone and putting his head in his hands? I'd conservatively estimate they did that at least a few hundred times.

Slightly off topic, but can we get a gif made every time we made a mistake and Fox cut to the coaches box for footage of Roosy dropping the phone and putting his head in his hands? I'd conservatively estimate they did that at least a few hundred times.

You could swear they were trolling us and using the same 3 seconds of footage on loop

'stare blankly, drop phone.. Head in hands, adjust hair

The problem is that I don't think they have better players than us, they just look like a very well-drilled, committed team. Their performance against Adelaide was superb, and against Sydney they just played for one another. It was a fantastic win. Probably one of the best in their history.

We are still a bad team with plenty of talent. I do think Roos was onto something last year when he said it was a mental thing. What's happened to Tyson this year? Why has Jones gone missing in two of five games this year in such uncharacteristic fashion, not seen since 2008, 2009? Why can't Dawes take a mark? Why is Toumpas so bad? Why when we have injuries do we need players like McKenzie in the team? Where is the Vince that we saw when he was in Adelaide? Why is Howe so average? Why is Salem so loose and unaccountable? Why can't Gawn get a game? Why does Grimes still struggle to hit a target? Why is Watts the worst 100-game player in the club's history (worse than Bate imo).

Granted, our depth is shocking, but our worst is deplorable, and our best is...okay.

The Bulldogs outplayed and outcoached a team that'll probably be in the GF this year. It was an unbeliavable win. They *believed* they could win, and they did.

Evidently, yesterday, Melbourne players went out there simply in an effort to minimise the losing margin. They never believed they could win. "I play for Melbourne, we can't win today."

It's still an issue that plagues this side like a bad groin rash after a punt in a Thailand massage parlour.

You never saw Darren Kowal play? Also thought Paul Hopgood was a dud.

You never saw Darren Kowal play? Also thought Paul Hopgood was a dud.
Kowal was like the early version of Blease, run and could keep a goal now and then.

Bate wasn't that bad

Back on topic i think where a chance next week against the swans but the hawks and the bulldogs i don't think so. To early to see where collingwood are at, they've beaten up crap teams so far, hopefully we won't fall into that category.

Does no Hodge, no Lewis, give us a chance against the Hawks? Maybe a sneaky one? Anyone? lol
It's like any other game. If we can somehow keep it in tight, which only looks like happening if it's pissing down or the opposition is way off their game, we are a chance against anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure that we NEED to keep it in tight. But we can't allow any opposition to have as much space to move as The Dockers did. They had players everywhere out in the open and we're able to spread and run rather easily. Was wondering many times where our players were and what they were doing. Not good.

Lynden Dunn was the worst 100 gamer we had ever had in Rd 1 2013. He was dropped that week too, after a terrible showing against Port.

44 games later, he's vice captain and has gone from flaky flanker/sub to full back.

Lynden Dunn was the worst 100 gamer we had ever had in Rd 1 2013. He was dropped that week too, after a terrible showing against Port.

44 games later, he's vice captain and has gone from flaky flanker/sub to full back.

He was never that flakey, he played well as a lead up CHF and as a tagger in the midfield and then again as the defensive forward, not consistently but he was ok
How many games did Brent Grgic play?

He was never that flakey, he played well as a lead up CHF and as a tagger in the midfield and then again as the defensive forward, not consistently but he was ok
How many games did Brent Grgic play?
Takes some genuine revision to suggest that Dunn was any good. Had far less good games than Watts has to date.

I'm not sure that we NEED to keep it in tight. But we can't allow any opposition to have as much space to move as The Dockers did. They had players everywhere out in the open and we're able to spread and run rather easily. Was wondering many times where our players were and what they were doing. Not good.

People arent giving the dockers enough credit, our tackling was poor but Freos strength is that you need multiple blokes to take there midfielders down
As soon as you commit multiple blokes they shovel it out there outside mids and they are away, unfortunately when out mids shovel it out its going to Michie, Newton etc who are mostly inside as well

I never thought he was that bad, Didnt see him becoming a good full back at all but I thought he was ok

I remember him being quite bad. Probably turned up less times a season than Col but kept getting shoe horned into the side in various roles he never excelled at.

Does no Hodge, no Lewis, give us a chance against the Hawks? Maybe a sneaky one? Anyone? lol
Absolutely. Mitchell can't crack a hard tag anymore. Burgoyne forced into the middle hurts them off half back. Suddenly instead of Hodge and Lewis it's Shiels and O'Rourke.

Absolutely. Mitchell can't crack a hard tag anymore. Burgoyne forced into the middle hurts them off half back. Suddenly instead of Hodge and Lewis it's Shiels and O'Rourke.

Good argument to get Shiels at least into your SC team then, but not much else.

I had a little hope that we could somehow find a way against Freo, but Sunday was a good reality check - we're nowhere near the good sides. Still, I think we're improved and improving. It just shits me that we make these tiny little gains while Port, Bulldogs and there'll be others, go right past us In a matter of months.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back