Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
We'll win 8+ this year

We've lost only to the top clubs this year. Fremantle 1st, Sydney 4th, Adelaide 5th, GWS 6th. Fremantle and Sydney I would pick as the best 2 teams in the comp, Adelaide and GWS look like making the 8 this year. Another tough one against Hawthorn this week but after that we should be playing against sides on our level more often.
Yeah but we have only beaten two basket cases as well. As I have said before, I reckon we are coached differently when we play the 'top' sides who Roos expects to beat us. We go into this ridiculous shell and start playing Neeld-ball, which relies on the opposition shooting themselves in the foot, or to be pissing down with rain to give us any hope of winning. It does allow us to coast under the media radar, though, by limiting the floggings.

How have St Kilda gone past us? We both sit 2-4, don't we? They beat the Dogs and GC, we beat Richmond and GC. Far too early to call what either of those sides will do this season - and even so its nit picking.

We are still very much in the running for the wooden spoon. St Kilda has gone past us. The Suns will pull it together eventually. It's really up to us to beat Brisbane and Carlton to avoid another dismal year. I can see us losing a similar number of games to last year, but not losing them as badly as we used to. As long as we play the defensive style of game we play whenever we are under pressure, it's about damage control rather than taking the opposition on. I'd rather see us attack and keep the ball moving - who cares if we have blowouts, at least we'd be trying to build an exciting game style.
How have St Kilda gone past us?

We have both beaten Gold Coast, while they beat the bulldogs, we beat Richmond.

They have lost to Essendon, Carlton (lol), been smashed by Collingwood & lost to GWS
Meanwhile we have lost to freo (unbeaten), Sydney (def top 4), Adelaide (sitting 5th) and GWS

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
How have St Kilda gone past us? We both sit 2-4, don't we? They beat the Dogs and GC, we beat Richmond and GC. Far too early to call what either of those sides will do this season - and even so its nit picking.

It still burns me that we havent got to play them since Rd 1 last year

They just play with more purpose than we do. They don't go into their shells and become as rattled under pressure as we do. I can see them ending on more wins than we have by season's end.
Did you see the second half against Carlton and the whole game against Collingwood?

Or are you just judging on the past 2 weeks?

We can't judge st kilda because they had one hell of a comeback. Lets not forget that we had a great comeback in 08 and that was a poor year for us. Really i look at it from the other view, that st kilda have shown us that the bulldogs are still beatable. However i will not be surprised if both the dogs and the saints beat us this year

pure demon

Team Captain
Dec 10, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Anyone else think that we may be in with a chance against Geelong at Kardinia in Round 12 if we get our guff right?
Well probably no, when do we ever get our 'guff' right.
This weeks game was winnable, but we are so bereft of confidence, when we try and bring it out of the back half, our players wont even lead at the bloke with the footy. Even the basics seem lost on us at the moment

Anyone else think that we may be in with a chance against Geelong at Kardinia in Round 12 if we get our guff right?
Early few rounds may have thought it may be possible, but geelong are starting to find some form and are still finals martial (Just not top 4), and well us, well current form suggest we have been dismal

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Early few rounds may have thought it may be possible, but geelong are starting to find some form and are still finals martial (Just not top 4), and well us, well current form suggest we have been dismal
I have seen your teams draw after the Port game. There are a few winnable games At the MCG against the magpies, saints, lions and blues.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Honestly, every game is winnable for the rest of the year with the exception of the second game against Freo.

Obviously I want to win every game, but I'd love to beat the Pies on QB and break this ******* stupid loss streak vs North (Beating Essendon is always good but I'd honestly take the two games I just mentioned over beating them again).

edit - Actually beating Geelong at Geelong would be the sweetest win we could get this year, finally burying the 186.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to go in expecting to win all four games before the bye. We won't of course, but the intent needs to be there. Four quarters, every week.

Imagine the meltdown in the AFL world if we go into the bye at 7-5

Mar 31, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough FC
Imagine the meltdown in the AFL world if we go into the bye at 7-5
And that would be 5 in a row right? How far do we have to go back for the last time we won 3 in a row? 2010? Did we do it once then? What about 4 in a row? And 5? the 60s?

If we did that, the lid would turn up years later at the bottom of the Mariana Trench somewhere after being blasted into temporary orbit

Last edited:

Canary

All Australian
Oct 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Reading FC
And that would be 5 in a row right? How far do we have to go back for the last time we won 3 in a row? 2010? Did we do it once then? What about 4 in a row? And 5? the 60s?

If we did that, the lid would turn up years later at the bottom of the Mariana Trench somewhere after being blasted into temporary orbit

OP is wrong. Better question is when will we lose?

Won the first 5 in '94.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Won the first 5 in '94.
I was in year 8 and went through the draw at that point and was debating how well we'd do with a couple of kids at school, I figured that West Coast away would give us a run but we'd have the rest covered and go undefeated. :rainbow:

in 2006 we won 5 in a row twice, rounds 4-8, lost to West Coast and then won 6 strait from rounds 10-15.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back