Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 17th

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 18th

Votes: 7 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In the top 8, probably 5th to 8th. Based on this year our list only has upside with players coming back in, younger guys have some senior games under their belts and a better draw.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

If everything went just right I could see us winning a final. Really hard to make much of a prediction without seeing what our list will be, though. More likely another year in the mid-table as we figure out how the team is going to take shape and players learn to play with their new team-mates.

Whilst I acknowledge we are still rebuilding, if

Rioli
Omeara
Birchall
Stratton and
Frawley

Play at the best of their ability, and the discoveries of 2017 maintain their attitude and perseverance as they did after the break (including tom and mcevoy) then a top 5 finish is a certainty.

Big ifs, however you can't deny the talent that was missing for almost all of 2017.

The Hawkies will be feared again.

KOLOKOTRONIS

I think we have too many variables that need to go right for us and question marks on many players, unlike previous years where you could scan across our team and mark 'certainties' against certain names..

If they all line up, better run with injuries and a favourable draw, we can easily challenge finals again but as I said too many variables.

I think we'll be better than this year. Our second half of the season was very good. There are a lot of variables though: will Jags play a full season? Will our returning veterans still have the spark? Will some underperforming players lift? Can our younger players improve? How will the loss of Hodgey impact our backline?

I predict 8th or 9th - with plenty of highs and lows. I think 2019 and beyond we'll really start to challenge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me it comes down to the rest.

If it is an even comp like this year and last, where a good September from a decent team is enough to win a flag, then we can be right in the mix. We can be decent.

If a team or 3 (that actually has some ticker, sorry Crows fans) can rise above the crop then we'll be in the quagmire of positions 4-14 and finishing further down might actually help us out a bit...

Either way Im looking forward to it with out too much expectation. I really, really enjoyed the second half of the year once I had put all expectations to bed. Watching the kids improve and Clarkson work wonders was really good fun. Next year will hopefully be similar but I dont think we should be 'expecting' flags for a year or two.

Somewhere around 6-10th. Can't see us doing any worse than this year. Should get a bit of an easier draw, plus many people seem to forget we (depending on the next week or so) have Frawley, Cyril, Birch and Stratton coming back who essentially had very little input this year. Couple of handy names in there that any side in the comp would love to have waltz into their side.
And Ceglar too

i picked 7th, because i think we will finish between 6th - 8th(pre finals) on the ladder, with more improvement in our system and our young players getting key finals experience, we will win a final then lose 2nd week which would put us in 5th or 6th after the finals. my prediction.

Where will we finish in 2018?

I would love to have a competitive season where we finish second last. Avoid a wooden spoon which I do not aspire to. Secure picks 2, 20, 38, 56, 72 (at a minimum). Get a year of development into the squad. Keep the salary cap spending to a minimum so as load up for a tilt at Lynch, Gaff, Sloane, McGovern, Smith, McDonald etc.

Strange season next one.... I think Adelaide will be weaker, Port will be stronger, Essendon will be stronger, Richmond definitely over-achieved, GWS will drop slightly....

Think realistically we could steal a top 8 spot and cause some damage (a la 2007 finals series).....
The young blokes need to get the experience and Im looking forward to joining them for the ride!

Top 4 to be port crows gws and tigers. Swans cats demons and dons to round up to 8. I think well be just outside 8 fighting with with pies and doggies. If we can get lynch next year and another gun mid 2019-2020 will be our time to shine.

Back