Where will Sydney Finish the 2018 Regular Season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Watching us squeak through in the CarlCrims game, I recalled a diabolical year when we won two games for the year. These were both against Fitzroy who went winless that season.

We are a better team than that old South side, but then again CarlCrims are probably better than the Roys team of that year. Looking ahead I do not see a W we can ink in for awhile. Still, I can see us getting at least 5 wins this year and finishing in the 14-16 band.

Its why i was fearing the worst against a Melbourne side who was desperate to win, we were lucky against Carlton they dont know how to win it was like 16-4 inside 50's in the 4th if they had Curnow they might of gotten over the line.

In retrospect against a dominating Gawn and a Melbourne side desperate not to start 0-4 that was a pretty good performance.

We will win between 8-10 games.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Lions - Away 50/50
Essendon - loss
North - Away 50/50
Collingwood - loss
Geelong - loss
Eagles - loss
Hawks - loss
Suns - uhhhh not sure 50/50
Essendon - loss
Carlton - wooo Win
Fremantle - 50/50
Geelong - loss
GWS - loss
Port - loss
Melbourne - 50/50
Saints - 50/50

So imo we have a few 50/50's depends if we win them if we dont i think we will win the spoon.

Lions - Away 50/50
Essendon - loss
North - Away 50/50
Collingwood - loss
Geelong - loss
Eagles - loss
Hawks - loss
Suns - uhhhh not sure 50/50
Essendon - loss
Carlton - wooo Win
Fremantle - 50/50
Geelong - loss
GWS - loss
Port - loss
Melbourne - 50/50
Saints - 50/50

So imo we have a few 50/50's depends if we win them if we dont i think we will win the spoon.

We've lost to worse sides than the current Carlton side. Including an even worse Carlon side.

There are no guaranteed victories, and those 50/50's are more 60/40 to be sure.

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, so I've given up on top 4, but I'm still big on making the 8.

It's been a very topsy turvey opening six rounds, with plenty of unexpected losses and wins. I think the AFL's equalisation program is finally coming into fruition.

But, if we continue to improve week to week, then I'm hanging in and hoping... :)

Okay, so I've given up on top 4, but I'm still big on making the 8.

It's been a very topsy turvey opening six rounds, with plenty of unexpected losses and wins. I think the AFL's equalisation program is finally coming into fruition.

But, if we continue to improve week to week, then I'm hanging in and hoping... :)

Geez I’d like to have you on my
Side for something if I was in trouble

Geez I’d like to have you on my
Side for something if I was in trouble
I have numerous faults, they far outweigh my good bits, but I'm loyal and optimistic by nature. Can't help it even when I want to...

Actually thought you might have noticed this earlier, Lol!!!

barry fu

Premiership Player
Jun 8, 2009
The Chioggia clump
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sth Freo/Forest/Tricky Trees
I had us bottom 6 - unfortunately for Fu, he is generally always optimistic even in times of great hand wringing.
Revision might well be required.
Onwards and upwards you slobs.

28A7C858-522B-4678-AD10-F5C5D45DAB75.png

Jun 14, 2011
Queensland
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Still don't think we finish last. Sydney won't bottom out. As bad as we are and I have no doubt about that, were simply not the worst team in the comp and our clubs values are far greater than most others. Namely North & Carlton

Back