Opinion Where will we finish in 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree 100% , Yeah Clav is in for a tough year im thinking, We are just staked for backman and now Austin is fit and Dougie is here its going to be a big ask to get into the team , all you can hope is that he rips it apart for Sandy to show he is worth another contract as the kid is only young and i dont think Jake has much left in him , Robbo is no certainty so as long as he shows more next season i think he is still a chance
Jeez l hope you're wrong about Jake.
I've zero faith with Austin, who could easily enough be delisted soon. Robbo is touch and go for the time being, and Clav is unproven, so our depth may not be so deep as we think.
I remember only a couple of years ago we had tremendous depth with our rucks, the most of any club. Mr's Hickey, Longer, Pierce, and Holmes, goes to show numbers don't mean much without quality.
Though Jake, Doogie and Robbo are an excellent set, we actually could have zero depth of AFL quality KPDs.

If we can have a better year with player availability we should definitely improve. I have us winning 7 of the first 11 matches in 2020, but not going home quite as well as that. If I'm right then we only need to win 6 matches out of the last 11 to definitely play finals, 5 with decent % will probably do it also. I expect this will be a bit of a transition year for many clubs. I am expecting fewer teams to be certain finalists and a more even performance by all clubs. (14 wins enough for a club to make top 4, but 12 wins not enough to guarantee playing finals)

We need a lot to go right in order to make the eight. The midfield should improve with natural progression along with the inclusion of Hill and Jones. I’m confident in our defence, we have developed some real solid depth, the forward line however has genuine question marks after the loss of Bruce. I’ll say we will be bottom 6-8.

In saying that we have a lot of young blokes on the verge of breaking out, if we could establish an A grader and keep a healthy list who knows how far we can go, bit of a bolter after this aggressive offseason.

There's many insightful ways to look at this general kind of question.......i guess when it comes down to it, how many games you win matters only to the extent that you get a chance to play finals but if that's all you get, then it doesn't mean as much in this 2020 season for us if we are not going to at least play in the GRAND FINAL let alone win it.

SO who do we realistically expect to stand a chance of beating in this next season that might get us bullish for subsequent seasons' glory. Or more importantly who should we expect to win against and who might we have a chance at winning against......such wins that would subsequently give rise to higher expectations...in 2021;

North.............possible win x 1
Eagles............unlikely.... probable loss x1
Melbourne.......possible win x2*
Richmond........highly unlikely win ..probable loss x 1
Cats...............highly unlikely win both lets say possible win x 1 probable loss x 1 *
Collingwood......probable loss x 1
Adelaide..........probable win x 1 probable loss x 1*
Carlton............likely win x 1 balance of probabilities loss x 1*
Giants.............probable loss although not impossible....loss x 1
Port................optimistic must win but iffy...possible win x 1
Suns...............likely win...x 1
Bumbers...........highly possible win x 1
Bulldogs...........probable loss but not impossible....loss x 1
Dockers............highly likely win x 1 balance of probabilities loose one ...loss x 1*
Hawks..............probable loss but not impossible win. loss x 1
Swans..............possible win iffy. win x 1
Brisbane............possible win iffy. win x 1

so that works out at 11 wins.....of those other games we might snatch three others bearing that in mind its highly likey we will loose three of the probable wins...so if we are showing the kind of potential we wish to see ...around 11 WINS is a must. Playing finals or not is not really the burning question.......as we are highly unlikely to pose any real threat so its a mute point. This further extrapolates out tobe somewhere between 8 wins and 14 wins....

OUTSTANDING SEASON 13 or 14 wins. Average to so so season we get 8 or 9 wins.,,,,,Most likely A BETTER Srason than last with 11 WINS for what thats worth. (I hope i've done my numbers correctly. Not really a numbers kind of person. Literature Music Art absolutely...not that mathematics and logical clear thinking dont occur in these fields but they lean more to the 'Feel' kind of approach..intuition..empathy etc not the rational, the logical and certainly not the methodical.....so apologies in advance) It is however, fun occasionally, to step out of the comfort zone.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back