Where would Rubiton be ranked amongst the greats had injury not ended his career so early?

Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Tigers. G.S.W
One for the older punters. He is my favourite horse growing up. As a stallion I'm not sure how long his racing career would've stretched out for. His spring of 87 against some absolute high class opposition was just utter domination.
Winning the Manikato then the Memsie then the Feehan and the Underwood lost the Caulfield Stakes after burning up the track in trackwork.
Came out as fave for one of the better Cox plate fields you'll find. Coming into the straight he stumble bumped into Fair sir and it's back legs almost slipped out from under him. Still managed to balance up and run down a star like our poetic prince. Came out the following week and won the Mackinnon.
Injured himself getting ready for the spring of 88 and never raced again.
So where would we rank him if he managed to race through to about five or six years old?

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
One for the older punters. He is my favourite horse growing up. As a stallion I'm not sure how long his racing career would've stretched out for. His spring of 87 against some absolute high class opposition was just utter domination.
Winning the Manikato then the Memsie then the Feehan and the Underwood lost the Caulfield Stakes after burning up the track in trackwork.
Came out as fave for one of the better Cox plate fields you'll find. Coming into the straight he stumble bumped into Fair sir and it's back legs almost slipped out from under him. Still managed to balance up and run down a star like our poetic prince. Came out the following week and won the Mackinnon.
Injured himself getting ready for the spring of 88 and never raced again.
So where would we rank him if he managed to race through to about five or six years old?
Absolute superstar. Probably top 30 horses to ever race in Australia but not recognised as he fell in between other superstar horses. Would win this cox plate by 5 and they would all be talking about the next Winx. I reckon he would be So You Think class but could sprint better.

Mar 2, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
West Tigers. G.S.W
Absolute superstar. Probably top 30 horses to ever race in Australia but not recognised as he fell in between other superstar horses. Would win this cox plate by 5 and they would all be talking about the next Winx. I reckon he would be So You Think class but could sprint better.
Pretty sure Harry White said he was the best horse in the world at the time. I probably rate him so highly as it was my first Cox Plate as a kid

Back