Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy77

Senior List
Aug 7, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Please forgive this post and I struggle to find the words but every time I watch North play I wonder why we don't have any super talented players. Especially dangerous forwards, as in players with a natural goal sense. When I first watched Mason Wood and Jy Simpkin play I thought we had a couple that fit the bill but they both have been disappointing. And midfielders as well. All successful teams have dominant mids, who are ours? Ben Cunnington aside. Why does it seem like we can't develop our draft picks into better players year after year. Why can't we attract any talented players. Not getting Josh Kelly was so disappointing. What is going on at North Melbourne?

Please forgive this post and I struggle to find the words but every time I watch North play I wonder why we don't have any super talented players. Especially dangerous forwards, as in players with a natural goal sense. When I first watched Mason Wood and Jy Simpkin play I thought we had a couple that fit the bill but they both have been disappointing. And midfielders as well. All successful teams have dominant mids, who are ours? Ben Cunnington aside. Why does it seem like we can't develop our draft picks into better players year after year. Why can't we attract any talented players. Not getting Josh Kelly was so disappointing. What is going on at North Melbourne?
You must be new here.

Search for Bard Scotts

You are forgiven

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you have 1/17 chance of getting that correct every season; maybe just wait to the Final siren on GF day each year?
But not winning a GF does not make a team mediocre.
Not being able to develop talented young players to reach their full potential, is an example of mediocrity.
This is something I have observed at our club, over a number of years.

But not winning a GF does not make a team mediocre.
Not being able to develop talented young players to reach their full potential, is an example of mediocrity.
This is something I have observed at our club, over a number of years.

Do we honestly...seriously... need to go back over where we finished the past decade and the compromised Drafts?

Do we honestly...seriously... need to go back over where we finished the past decade and the compromised Drafts?

You know you should check out the 'hits' other clubs managed during the compromised drafts, oh and there's plenty of them.

S Durdin was one such pick, Nielson another- some decent types taken way later.

That's a copout. We've had our fair share of talent at North. How about Luke Macdonald for example? Kid was a gun junior. I think it's fair to rate him as an average AFL player. Damn shame.
Would he be average player if he went to a Hawthorn or Geelong or Collingwood?
I thought Mason Wood would be a gun..

This blokes trying to summarise the last 10 years of threads and posts into one new thread.

Mate all of your opinions have been discussed in 10s of thousands of posts.

Go through them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

This blokes trying to summarise the last 10 years of threads and posts into one new thread.

Mate all of your opinions have been discussed in 10s of thousands of posts.

Go through them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yep I think will leave him to talk to himself ^^^ quietly slinks off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back