Where's Lennon?

Remove this Banner Ad

100% Correct!
I have seen Ben playing since he was 15 - He's a gun! No doubt about talent. His first game alone showed that - IMO he is very capable of turning into a player like Brett Deledio - Great mark, kick, speed, endurance and knows where the goals are
I reckon Lennon could be our version of Bartel if given opportunity and a decent run without injuries. 2016 has been a write off for him with hip and shoulder surgery, glandular fever, 2 bouts of concussion and an ankle injury. I hope he has a big pre season coming up and then watch him blossom in 2017

100% Correct!
I have seen Ben playing since he was 15 - He's a gun! No doubt about talent. His first game alone showed that - IMO he is very capable of turning into a player like Brett Deledio - Great mark, kick, speed, endurance and knows where the goals are

You must be watching somebody els !!

Lennon isnt quick and his endurance has never been good . mark kicking yes

All the kids are getting a go that have deserved it . Lennon has done nothing since day dot

Lazy injury prone player that is a princess - Wont make it at least Tambling gace us 100 games this bloke i have my doubts
Granted, we used pick 12 on him. We used 6 on Conca. Neither has measured up.
And Jackson wants a contract extension.
Baffling!

Kid has all the tools to be a star. Him and the club need to find a way to turn that potential into substance.
I have no doubt that our appalling game plan is not assisting kids like Lennon one bit, but surely they can't ALL be bad.

After Hardwick, we desperately need to get rid of the development team at RFC. If they have one.

Our kids just don't develop. And in most cases (bellis, vlastuin, McBean, Lennon, many more) they actually go backwards.

Watching Corey Enright interviewed before the Geelong V Dogs game and he was reminiscing about how he got drafted to Geelong as a skinny 77kg kid with no idea about the demands of AFL footy.

If he was drafted by Richmond he'd be learning defensive skills in the VFL, weighing 79 kgs, trying to displace proven superstars like Houli and Astbury out of the seniors....

Granted, we used pick 12 on him. We used 6 on Conca. Neither has measured up.
And Jackson wants a contract extension.
Baffling!
Francis Jackson should never be allowed to walk past Punt Rd ever again

So many wrong decisions going for vanilla players over the past 10 years it baffles me how he is still involved at afl level

people on here still dreaming about Lennon and him being a star are delusional , I have watched enough football in my life to seperate the footballers from the princesses that have talent but are legends in their own lunch time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is giving Lennon stick, but as far as I am concerned when he was playing his best footy as a second year forward we dropped him.

Also seems to take these marking half forward types longer to develop. Tom Lynch from the crows was traded for a pick in the 30's by the saints after showing little in his first couple of seasons with the Saints but has since developed in the very important player for the Crows. While Mason Wood turns 23 in September and only recently has he broken out.

Brilliant today. Put him I the team without fear of being dropped let him play up forward and let his natural flare shine. He'll have a few ordinary to stinkers but give him a solid crack at it. Dermie and carey have raved about his forward instincts time to leave him up forward and reap the rewards.

Brilliant today. Put him I the team without fear of being dropped let him play up forward and let his natural flare shine. He'll have a few ordinary to stinkers but give him a solid crack at it. Dermie and carey have raved about his forward instincts time to leave him up forward and reap the rewards.

Dimma actually hinted at him being selected for the Pies game, I reckon he is a definite for next weel.

I'd bring him in for one of either Vickery or Griffiths. 3 talks has never worked for us anyway.

Play Riewoldt deep, Vickery/Griffiths at CHF, and Lennon roaming around "centre-forward" between half way and the forward 50.

So basically have him take Lloyd's position....

I miss Lennon.

Hate to harp on about it but watching matches from last season has opened my eyes to how much we miss the players we haven't had much this season ,if at all.

Lids was outstanding when fit.
Houli had probably his best season for us.
McIntosh looked like a real up and coming jet, some of his games were brilliant
Bathchelor continued to look like a very promising staple player for our backline, looked decent this season too but only managed 8 games.

Lennon was decent in patches, then in other patches he looked like he had potential to become a very good forward. Some of his overheads in the Essendon game (raining cats and dogs that night) were Deledio-esque, very strong hands. I honestly didn't pay much attention to him in the 2 games he played for us this season, but I do remember him playing at half back, which I don't agree with.

Steven Morris did his job. You can't ask for much more, he's just a hard working squad player who makes a difference.

Chaplin and Maric still had it in them and were playing good footy.

Newman was old and cooked but he still had it, lots of experience helped him and he still had a weapon of a left boot. Nowhere as easy to replace as people made him out to be.

Anyway, back to Lennon.

I hope he gets a game of two before the season is over.
Where has he been playing in the ressies? Hope he gets a crack on the wing and at half forward.

I miss Lennon.

Hate to harp on about it but watching matches from last season has opened my eyes to how much we miss the players we haven't had much this season ,if at all.

Lids was outstanding when fit.
Houli had probably his best season for us.
McIntosh looked like a real up and coming jet, some of his games were brilliant
Bathchelor continued to look like a very promising staple player for our backline, looked decent this season too but only managed 8 games.

Lennon was decent in patches, then in other patches he looked like he had potential to become a very good forward. Some of his overheads in the Essendon game (raining cats and dogs that night) were Deledio-esque, very strong hands. I honestly didn't pay much attention to him in the 2 games he played for us this season, but I do remember him playing at half back, which I don't agree with.

Steven Morris did his job. You can't ask for much more, he's just a hard working squad player who makes a difference.

Chaplin and Maric still had it in them and were playing good footy.

Newman was old and cooked but he still had it, lots of experience helped him and he still had a weapon of a left boot. Nowhere as easy to replace as people made him out to be.

Anyway, back to Lennon.

I hope he gets a game of two before the season is over.
Where has he been playing in the ressies? Hope he gets a crack on the wing and at half forward.
Played half forward and looked good. (we tend to start his types down back to learn how to be hacks-Dimma)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back