Analysis Where's our side at? Are we not playing to our potential?

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got some mail that you guys might want to know...

When a staff member is let go they will very rarely have anything nice to say about that Employer.

Are you sure ... I mean the evil bastards who stabbed me in the back at my last job were one thing but normally...

Impossible to play to your potential when… [as of end of round 22 - 2015]
  • You have to use 40 players in a season
  • Only 10 players – less than half of your on the field team - play 90% or more of the season
  • These 10 players have an average age at round 1 of only 23 .5 years of age
  • These 10 players also only averaged 67 games in experience as of round 1
  • 9 of these 10 have played 101 games or LESS at the start of this season
  • 2 of the 10 have never played with the club before and
  • 90% of the 40 players used, only play between 85.7 and 4.8% of the season

On your first point I happened to hear during the Bulldogs vs. North game that the Bulldogs have also played 40 players over the season.

I wonder how they compare on the other points? I might have a look if I get time.

Impossible to play to your potential when… [as of end of round 22 - 2015]
  • You have to use 40 players in a season
  • Only 10 players – less than half of your on the field team - play 90% or more of the season
  • These 10 players have an average age at round 1 of only 23 .5 years of age
  • These 10 players also only averaged 67 games in experience as of round 1
  • 9 of these 10 have played 101 games or LESS at the start of this season
  • 2 of the 10 have never played with the club before and
  • 90% of the 40 players used, only play between 85.7 and 4.8% of the season

I still think we haven't played to potential given all those points. We should have played better this season if the transition between coaches was better handled.

On your first point I happened to hear during the Bulldogs vs. North game that the Bulldogs have also played 40 players over the season.

I wonder how they compare on the other points? I might have a look if I get time.
Throw the Bulldogs comparison in the bin. What they've done is so out there, I'm struggling to get my head around it. It defies all logic and until we see anything to back it up, I think it would be best to assume that they're an extreme outlier.

Us and the bulldogs hey, we're almost at polar opposites for performance this year. We've massively under-performed and they've massively over-performed. Really we're pretty much both huge outliers but in completely different directions. Sigh

Throw the Bulldogs comparison in the bin. What they've done is so out there, I'm struggling to get my head around it. It defies all logic and until we see anything to back it up, I think it would be best to assume that they're an extreme outlier.

Sure there are similarities between us and the WBD's - and of course some are saying the variances are more off field, in the coaching techniques - here are another couple of variations
  • The WBD's have only traveled interstate 5 times.
  • They have played 13 games on a dry, fast docklands
  • Where they have won 11 games
  • 5 games by less than 4 goals and
  • Lost only 2
And lets not forget the fixture
  • WBD's played last years 18th, 17th, 15th, WCE and PORT twice, all others once.

Similar... very similar.

When it was announced that 'The Birdman' was flying the coop, (bazinga), I got the impression that his replacement had already been identified and that an announcement after the season meant that person would be coming from another club. And now this;

From Carlton and Collingwood. Don't we have a CEO who was at Carlton and Collingwood? Any good? Any likelihood?

When it was announced that 'The Birdman' was flying the coop, (bazinga), I got the impression that his replacement had already been identified and that an announcement after the season meant that person would be coming from another club. And now this;

From Carlton and Collingwood. Don't we have a CEO who was at Carlton and Collingwood? Any good? Any likelihood?

He'd have to be a huge chance and by all reports he's excellent at what he does. Announcing Lambert and Buttifant joining the so called "rabble" would be a huge off field coup IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buttifant has had his time in the sun but is now just one of the pack. Nothing special about him within the industry anymore but did a number of good things in his days with the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back