Where's the young un's

Remove this Banner Ad

tigerman

Senior List
Dec 18, 2000
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
From the team that played against Collingwood in round 1 we are missing Hilton and Holland who are injured, Knights-retired, and Sziller and Houlihan playing with Coburg.

I don't know what Spud is doing, either trying to get some wins under his belt for a bit of job security, or he thinks the other young guys aren't good enough or not ready. He did say that he was going to give the young guys a chance though.

Other than Mills we haven't got any new players in the side who weren't getting a game occasionally through out the season.

I would of liked to of seens a few of the younger players given a chance.

It is good to get a few wins though I guess.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

tigers

exactly who isn't getting a fair go.....?

The last two rounds have seen :

Tivvers, Ottens, Hall Vardy, Fiora, Mills, Coughlan, Zantuck, Newman, Krak'r and Rodan all get a game.

Hilts, Dragga, Poyas, Homewood are all injured.

Which leaves Pettifer, Hyde, Ednie and Mcgrath as the only other 'youngsters' available. True..... MCgrath hasn't had a turn...light as a feather though.

All young players save for McGrath have been given a go. What we are also seeing is that players like Coughlan now spend the majority of the time on the field while the likes of King are the bench players.

I am happy enough that the kids are being given a fairer go, though would like to see Rodan spend more time in the middle of the ground!

Rodan

You know CJ from what I've seen of Rodan, I'm not sure that he's going to be the 'grunt' style midfielder that we need - a la Cogs etc. He may have the body for it, but the mind has to be willing too and, just at the moment, he seems to me to be a tad on the timid side when it comes to the hard stuff in the middle. Obviously he is very young, but up to this point his best work has been when he is in space, running, bouncing, taking people on with his pace and evasive skills and his goal-kicking. Right at the moment I can understand why he's not getting more time in the middle, especially at centre bounces.

Gotta agree with R#18 on that ... Anyone who followed the Cannons a bit last year would have seen Rodan constantly in and under ... It's just a young brain thing - he'll be hard as nails in two or three years ....

I would say that Hyde must me going to be delisted, and probably Ednie.
Hyde certainly hasn't been given enough of a go.
I thought he showed a little bit in the last game that he was picked.
I can understand Mcgrath not getting a game all year as he is very light.
A few wins will be good for membership and job security might be the reason.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

Ednie is a very smart player and well worth keeping. He does need to have to spend serious time in the gym though. (consider that Brent Harvey was just as small and light when he started.)

Hyde hasn't really done a lot to impress me and is really just another skinny blonde running player. Is superflous to our needs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Draggas_Girl7
What's being blonde got to do with anything? :confused: :confused:

Nah, nothing really! It's just that all our running players appear to be blonde! Bowden, Hyde, Tivendale, Knights, Hilton, Pettifer, Houlihan...

Quite a few really! Even Coughlan and Rodan have dabbled in the bottle a little bit!

Bowden - Naturally Brown
Hyde - Naturally Light Brown
Tivendale - Naturally Brown
Knights - Heard rumours that it's not really blonde
Hilton - Naturally Red
Pettifer - Naturally Brown
Houlihan - Naturally Brown
Rodan - Nautrally Brown
Coughlan - Naturally Brown
I reckon they think the blonde will get them more brownlow votes! They'd be able to buy their peroxide in bulk!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back