Current Where's William Tyrrell? The Ch 10 podcast (under Coroner's subpoena)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for all of this Kurve. I think I might go back and listen from the start.

As you come across snippets of interest, would you mind please insanity posting a note under the pod as it appears in here? I think it might be really helpful, especially as we might need to go back to it. Thanks mate.

Just listening to FM read the letter, with the benefit of recent information, their sense of entitlement is just...so...extraordinary. It almost beggars belief. I would love to know who their friends and colleagues are. They strike me as very connected. Which they've obviously used to their advantage.

At about 20:18 they, primarily the FM, speaks about how there has been no handover and that GJ is not allowed to discuss the case with anyone on the case. In light of his seemingly close relationship with the fosters I wonder if that was a deliberate decision by police command to ensure he couldn't pass information onto them whether deliberately or inadvertently.

Interesting to note given the complaints the fosters have on there being no 'hand over' of the case from Gary Jubelin to the new lead investigator, David Laidlaw.

This episode touches on the fosters recall of when Hans Rupp retired as lead investigator in the case, what happened when Gary Jubelin took over and the 'hand over' which was essentially an informal introduction.

From 17:38

FM: What happened was .. um you were at work? (indicating the FF) and the police had pretty much assigned Homicide to William's disappearance really early on .. um .. that wasn't broadly communicated so the DCI who was leading the investigation at the time was retiring so they assigned Gary to the case. So, the first time I met Gary was at a handover that was done at our house.

FF: That was through from Hans Rupp

FM: So he introduced Gary to us. At that point I'd never heard of Gary Jubelin, I had no reference or connection to the name whatsoever. To me it was just another detective. When we were meeting I could feel that he was just sizing me up, you know you could feel the suspicion coming all over again, which is good because I think you have to keep constantly going back.

(FF and FM talk over the top of each for a few seconds, it's indecipherable.)

FM: So I remember thinking 'ooooh he's still trying to figure out, were we involved or not?' and I had a bit of an inside giggle on that. Um so we, I, googled him and in googling him I realised who Gary Jubelin was and what he'd done and I thought 'wow .. this is good this is really good'

LH: What did they tell you about him initially, when they said that he was taking over?

FM: Not a lot. Not a lot, it was just another policeman taking over and he'd been on a number of high profile .. I didn't think to ask because this was what .. 5 months

FF: This was still early on.

(The FM goes through someone handing her some Underbelly DVDs and she thought 'Oh .. wow .. we've got the right guy.")

Nov. 19, 2021

On the FM being made the sole POI.

From 13:10

LH: This is obviously a startling new direction given both foster parents were previously investigated and ruled out by not only the prev invest team in Jubelin who has now since left the force but also the initial investigative team which was led by Hans Rupp. They have spoken to me on this podcast before about being treated as suspects so let's listen again to what they said.

LH: They also had to consider other possibilities including checking your alibis and stories, was that really tough?

FM: No. No I didn't find it tough. Did you? We had nothing to do with it. We said 'Here's everything' they took our laptops

FF: We were completely grilled, separately, in isolation, in the back of police cars, took my vehicle away, completely searched it .. checked it everything

FM: We had multiple conversations you know, with detectives and all sorts of other police, always just checking in, checking with us, coroborrating things, checking things and I remember saying to you, I would have expected from the moment .. we would have to have been their prime suspects because we were the last people to see him and if they didn't completely investigate us I would be absolutely gobsmacked because you've got to rule us out

FF: Well that's right

FM: Because they're not doing their job? And we all know statistically it's the last person or the family member that typically does something like this. In this instance, we didn't do it, we had nothing to do with it. We had nothing to hide, we gave them everything. And they spent days and days.

FF: Completely obliged

FM: Everything.

FF: They did checks on our phones, did checks on everything, our phones, all of our devices, landlines, cars you name it

FM: They cross referenced mobile towers they did everything. They got pictures of us travelling, they can show there are pictures of us all of us in the car, when we stopped at McDonalds, everything we did has been accounted for. You went and had your Skype call, it's all been checked out. Thoroughly. So for people who still have this conspiracy theory that's out there that we were implicated in his disappearance and whatever eventuates in the back end of that, we had nothing to do with it. Why would we?

FF: And the facts are there to support it. They have done their ticked boxes on everything

(I think something has been chopped out here or the audio has been tinkered)

FF : .... so they've confirmed that

End 15:49

31:30 they're discussing that Lindsey saw a car that morning (dark green/gray sedan) asked her mum about it. Has that been mentioned before. I can't add details now but can go back later if need be.

That's interesting actually because this is mentioned again in that the police questioned Lindsay about the cars. She remembers only one in a driveway, not two out the front.

Here's one of the earliest pods that isn't part of this series where the neighbours are interviewed, it's very sad but it's also very interesting. It suggests the police through interviewing the neighbours indicated it was an abduction, the neighbour/s making the assumption there was evidence of this but couldn't be told what it was.

Here's one of the earliest pods that isn't part of this series where the neighbours are interviewed, it's very sad but it's also very interesting. It suggests the police through interviewing the neighbours indicated it was an abduction, the neighbour/s making the assumption there was evidence of this but couldn't be told what it was.

Interesting going over this one again. At around 6 minutes in, Lydene Heslop says she arrived home at 10:30 (she mentions this time twice, so she's obviously fairly confident of the time), at which stage there is nothing unusual in the street. But according to the FM, she had already been looking for William for quite some time, and some of the neighbours had been alerted. Also, FF is generally believed to have arrived home at 10:35. Lydene says she unpacked her groceries at the rear of her house upon arriving home, and then did not receive a knock on the door until around 11:30 from Anne-Maree Sharpley and the FM (so presumably was unaware of William's disappearance until 11:30).

Unfortunately Lydene was not questioned about how she knew it was 10:30 and not 10:00 (which would fit the rest of the timeline better). If she had some sort of reference point (e.g her last shopping transaction) this might throw a whole new light on the timeline. Or was she simply convinced by the narrative of the day according to others?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FM: What happened was .. um you were at work? (indicating the FF) and the police had pretty much assigned Homicide to William's disappearance really early on .. um .. that wasn't broadly communicated so the DCI who was leading the investigation at the time was retiring so they assigned Gary to the case. So, the first time I met Gary was at a handover that was done at our house.
Always interesting to go over old ground.
The handover from Rupp to Jubelin was done at the fosters house!
Is this standard procedure?
Talk about controlling the narrative!
How did Jubelin examine the case with 'fresh eyes' without talking directly to Rupp without the fosters present?
Did Rupp talk about his investigation and exoneration of the fosters in front of them? Highly inappropriate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back