Where's your clubs biggest weakness (2018)?

Remove this Banner Ad

IdDinglHisDangl

Draftee
Dec 15, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Apologies if this belongs on a different forum, please remove if so

Anyways, I am building a mock draft at some point when I can be bothered but to do that I figure I ask everyone where you think you lack quality or depth as it just happens to be a pretty decent topic to talk about. I'd say for Hawthorn, we lack young creators like a Cyril Rioli type as we sorely miss him during games. Discuss...

Oh god where to start

- Serious issues between the ears where we are Incapable of beating perceived ‘lesser’ teams
- inability to play anywhere that involves a plane trip
- One paced midfield that struggles to win clearances and use them effectively
- inability to clear the ball from our defensive 50, particularly kicking in from a behind
- a star FF that doesn’t know where the goals are

Red black and White bastards that run harder are a problem, but moving on as we must.

I really think it's just a matter of cutting out the external noise and absurd expectations the press and the AFL world want to apply. Then our biggest weakness is another team could possibly be better at the business end of the season.

Do you see Charlie Curnow being one of those players for you? I'd really love to see Carlton have a true breakout year soon, they look on the cusp of it once the team starts to gel

Yeah I do see him as that kind of player. Ideally we want another one.

Plus 2 more A grade Mids.

And time playing together. We had so many inexperienced kids running around on the weekend it wasn't funny.

Well a mock draft it seems pretty obvious to go with Nick Blakey as assuming he picks the Swans he will be our first pick, but in terms of real need we really need a in and under bull. I wanted Charlie Constable last draft but the Swans went with McCartin instead.

Yeah I do see him as that kind of player. Ideally we want another one.

Plus 2 more A grade Mids.

And time playing together. We had so many inexperienced kids running around on the weekend it wasn't funny.
McKay has kicked 7 from 3. Small sample size, but extrapolate that out to 22 games and there's your 50 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll see.

He got lucky with a few. That said, his goal kicking (that checkside in particular) was sublime.
He got a free kick that wasn't there (although you could argue that standing on the back of his heel affected his jump and made him miss the mark, but not sure what rule was broken there), but his other couple over the back might have been a result of reading the play better and getting in position to take advantage. Hopefully he gets a run of games now. He probably isn't going to get 3-4 goals every week and the temptation could be to drop him as soon as he has an off game.

Back on topic, our club's biggest weakness right this very minute, seems to be our fitness/medical department. Haven't had a full strength (or probably even 90%) side yet this year.

Probably other clubs. If we play them and lose we might not win the Grand Final.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back