Food/Supplements Whey Protein Isolate

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is if you eat meat your most likely getting enough protein in your diet without a supplement and consuming protein straight after a weight training workout isn't needed. A supplement can be useful if you've just played a game of footy but most likely you can get enough protein from a meal anyway.

The problem is if you eat meat your most likely getting enough protein in your diet without a supplement and consuming protein straight after a weight training workout isn't needed. A supplement can be useful if you've just played a game of footy but most likely you can get enough protein from a meal anyway.

Informative post of the year this one!

Firstly Whey protein is a food not a supplement!

What's your point?
If you eat enough protein you don't need protein shakes?

Whey protein per gram of protein is a lot cheaper than protein from meat per gram so what if someone was trying to increase their protein intake & get the best bang for buck?

One could argue that if you consume enough whey protein then you don't need meat?

Genuinely interested in hearing the points of that argument.

More so meaning that there is other sources of protein other than meat.
I'm not suggesting to get all your daily protein requirements solely from Whey but I haven't come across any negative data yet to suggest that you couldn't.

Grass fed Whey would be a better option than non organic meat & poultry.

One could certainly live well & build muscle from their dietary protein consumption being only from , grass fed whey, raw dairy/goat products, eggs & fish.
Quality organic meats do have their benefits , don't get me wrong , I at least have one generous serve a day of organic beef, lamb or chicken/turkey.

+ 1 for bulk nutrients, used there products after recommendations on here. There WPI taste great, it gives me a "milkshake fix" too with extra protein minus the extra calories = winning!

Well in short you are right, but protein shakes give you a more concentrated hit of protein pound for pound vs. food. But as Ablett said below shakes are more cost effective and convenient, i am not a big fan of constantly eating either.

If I use non grass fed whey and non organic meat and poultry am I destined to an early grave? Worse still no gainz?

Yes to earlier grave, will still achieve gains but not as much as using more quality sources which is quite obvious.
I don't see many ripped muscular dudes walking in & out of Maccas?

Yes to earlier grave, will still achieve gains but not as much as using more quality sources which is quite obvious.
I don't see many ripped muscular dudes walking in & out of Maccas?

To be fair non grass fed whey and non organic meat and poultry =/= maccas

And regardless Martin Berkhan is one of the most ripped muscular dudes I've ever seen and some of the s**t he eats is beyond belief.

He is one o
And regardless what drugs allow me to eat whatever I want and maintain <6% BF? I want some!!!

He is one of Zillion out there that get on the gear or illegal fat burners , along with a good diet, then sell there story & lead us to believe its natural.

Follow what he does & see if you look like him in 12 months time?

If your saying he eats anything in site & stays lean n muscular then he's using HGH & insulin plus a cocktail of other stuff.
I know many bodybuilders that look like him & know what they take to do so.

You believe what you want to believe.

He is one o

He is one of Zillion out there that get on the gear or illegal fat burners , along with a good diet, then sell there story & lead us to believe its natural.

Follow what he does & see if you look like him in 12 months time?

If your saying he eats anything in site & stays lean n muscular then he's using HGH & insulin plus a cocktail of other stuff.
I know many bodybuilders that look like him & know what they take to do so.

You believe what you want to believe.
I wasn't saying he eats anything in site.

Have you read any of Berkhan's work?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn't saying he eats anything in site.

Have you read any of Berkhan's work?

Yeah I browse on Leangains every now & again.

hi site is full of recycled info that's been around for while, promotes junk products, & his on take on fasting has a few floors.
He definitely ain't natural, I'd bet my kids on it.

But following his principles will get you better results than the common dietitian or naturopath.

Fasting is definitely the way to go, therebare some basic principles to qualify actual fasting, then every experts different little ideas on the best practice to fast is all trial n error.

hi site is full of recycled info that's been around for while, promotes junk products, & his on take on fasting has a few floors.

But following his principles will get you better results than the common dietitian or naturopath.

Fasting is definitely the way to go, therebare some basic principles to qualify actual fasting, then every experts different little ideas on the best practice to fast is all trial n error.

You said in your previous post that he's sold his story, so far as I can tell their is no advertising or paid areas on his site. Nor does he spruik any products that would financially benefit him. If he's taking a cocktail of drugs for financial gain, he doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of it.

I personally can't tell from his appearance if he's on gear or not, he's got some pretty good testimonials from leangains devotees on his site though. And I'm certainly getting some good results so I'm gonna stick with it for now :)

You said in your previous post that he's sold his story, so far as I can tell their is no advertising or paid areas on his site. Nor does he spruik any products that would financially benefit him.

Supplements You Might Actually Find Useful
9:07 AM | Posted by Martin Berkhan

I get a lot of questions about supplements even though I'm not a big proponent of them.

That being said, there are some supplements that you may find useful depending on your goals.

The first four on this list are supplements most people could benefit from. I'm not a great cook and once I find a few meals I like, I'll go for long periods just eating the same foods in various combinations - a pattern that is quite common among my peers as well. Adding these supplements is an easy way to safeguard against any potential shortcomings of a monotonous diet.

The other ones are supplements that may help with fat loss, performance or just makes life easier some days. They are not essential by any means.

I've linked to some products. These are either ones I can vouch for personally or the cheapest ones in their category. For the sake of transparency, I should also note that these are affiliate links, which means I get a 5-10% commision if you buy anything from the links. If you think this makes my recommendations any less credible, do not buy anything from this list. And why would you? Supplements are certainly not critical to your success and you may in fact do just as well without them. A balanced whole foods diet goes a very long way.

?????

Plus he would obviously charge for his nutrition consultations & personal training which is all stated on his site.

Commission and consults are pocket change compared to what he could be making if a man of hi e-stature really sold out.

He is still cashing in on his physique, his site is called Lean Gains not No Gains!
His type all have the same hidden agenda , profit, some are just better than others at disguising it.
Anyway his fasting phylosify is good, far from original, but works.

What about the Bodytrim dude, Jeff someone?
I see him promoting his diet n products on the ch7 morning show, his bi-ceps getting bigger every time I see him, juiced up big time & speed too if you see his adds!

Shannon & Commando off biggest looser are on the gear too, if they weren't in shape they wouldn't get the gig,,still need to train hard n diet but their vanity leads them to take then become dependant on enhancements or under the counter leaning agents.

He is still cashing in on his physique, his site is called Lean Gains not No Gains!
His type all have the same hidden agenda , profit, some are just better than others at disguising it.
Anyway his fasting phylosify is good, far from original, but works.

What about the Bodytrim dude, Jeff someone?
I see him promoting his diet n products on the ch7 morning show, his bi-ceps getting bigger every time I see him, juiced up big time & speed too if you see his adds!

Shannon & Commando off biggest looser are on the gear too, if they weren't in shape they wouldn't get the gig,,still need to train hard n diet but their vanity leads them to take then become dependant on enhancements or under the counter leaning agents.

Interested in your thoughts on Lyle McDonald?

In regards to the biggest loser trainers, Michelle Bridges hands down is in the best nick of them all. Commando and Shannan, are big but not really ripped.

I lol'd.

Everyone has flaws it seems.

Interested in your thoughts on Lyle McDonald?

In regards to the biggest loser trainers, Michelle Bridges hands down is in the best nick of them all. Commando and Shannan, are big but not really ripped.

Lyle is pretty good, goes into detail too in-depth for the average joe but tries to educate everyone as much as possible.

Lyle is pretty good, goes into detail too in-depth for the average joe but tries to educate everyone as much as possible.

Yeah i liked trying to understand the science behind it all, as opposed to just doing what you know works. It is hard not to skip to the back of his books for his protocols. But i always revisit his books to keep refreshing my knowledge.

Anyone used Black Widow Supps before?

I'm a +1 for Bulk Nutrients here but I've inherited a shiteload of Black Widow Hydroxy Whey and creatine which I'm gonna have a ping at for a month or two.

Anyone used Black Widow Supps before?

I'm a +1 for Bulk Nutrients here but I've inherited a shiteload of Black Widow Hydroxy Whey and creatine which I'm gonna have a ping at for a month or two.

I see Black Widow is no the selves at Woolworths now.
It contains artificial sweeteners which do more arm than good.
Stick to unflavoured whey from bulk nutrients.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back