Which 2 can step up in 2016 to make us a genuine contender?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting read. I hoped that Lennon would step up too but lacked the ticker. Just proves the importance of bringing in players that have a never say die attitude. The biggest difference from 2016 to 2017 was the change of culture. So the two people who really made the greatest impact on driving that change was Dimma and Cotchin. Gale set up the environment to allow for the stability to generate this change, but it was these two that dragged the club down the road to success.

From that cultural change, our new game plan was built with buy in from everyone. Players played to their strengths without fear of failure. Dimma delegated more to his assistants, allowing him to be more positive and highlight welfare. Our game plan was instilled at AFL and VFL level, building our depth and confidence in all players.

So with the genius of hindsight, which 2 stepped up at the end of 2016 to make us a genuine contender? - Dimma and Cotch.

I'm interested to hear from people who they feel will step up in 2021?

Interesting read. I hoped that Lennon would step up too but lacked the ticker. Just proves the importance of bringing in players that have a never say die attitude. The biggest difference from 2016 to 2017 was the change of culture. So the two people who really made the greatest impact on driving that change was Dimma and Cotchin. Gale set up the environment to allow for the stability to generate this change, but it was these two that dragged the club down the road to success.

From that cultural change, our new game plan was built with buy in from everyone. Players played to their strengths without fear of failure. Dimma delegated more to his assistants, allowing him to be more positive and highlight welfare. Our game plan was instilled at AFL and VFL level, building our depth and confidence in all players.

So with the genius of hindsight, which 2 stepped up at the end of 2016 to make us a genuine contender? - Dimma and Cotch.

I'm interested to hear from people who they feel will step up in 2021?
I’ve been bullish about RCD and CCJ since we drafted them
Really want to see them cement themselves in the side this season

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
Baker, Balta, Shorty, Shai and MJR. They'll step up even further i reckon.

In hindsight I don’t even really understand what we wanted him to be
He was to short to be a kpp but to big to be a small forward
He was only going to ever be maybe a 3rd tall type but we were acting like he was gonna be a superstar

Basically the role Caddy fills....and yes, even when done by a better player like Caddy, it seems to frequently be surplus to requirements.

smurfin

Club Legend
Apr 1, 2016
Central Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
In 2017, Townsend stepped into the mid sized forward role for the finals that we were hoping Lennon would take.
Short (and now Baker) have become the backmen we hoped Yarran would be.
And instead of being obsessed with the 3 tall forwards, we just went with 3 guys who can football - one of whom was Riewoldt.

And yes, Cotchin went from almost a laughing-stock of a Captain to triple premiership Captain (so far) and Martin stepped up to be the GOAT.

Nov 26, 2007
Queensland
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Hull City
Don't know about Conca, but you're wrong, wrong, WRONG about Yarran.

That's not even an opinion bro, that's a fact. :cool:

Yarran is going to be one of our best players in 2016, take that to the bank buddy! :thumbsu:

Yeah, not one of my finer moments, thanks for the random likes recently!

But getting Yarran and then things going the way they did in 2016 still (very indirectly) led to 3 flags in 4 years and a dynasty... so there's that isn't there?! :moustache:

Only the club that took the punt on Chris Yarran would have the balls to play a first gamer in a Grand Final, and then have him stay in the side and win a 2nd flag the following year.

It's fun being a Richmond fan these days! :D

Back