Analysis Which 2016 top 20 picks won't make it?

Which top 20 picks from 2016 won't play 100 games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

"I know you are, you said you are, but what am I?"

Haven't seen that one since the junior playground arguments in the mid 90s.

Embarrassing. :oops:
Coming from someone who desperately desperately cried racism over someone comparing Yarran to SPS shows, it goes to show how utterly pathetic and brainwashed you are.

Why don't you stop it? You're the one who can't seem to get over it.

I was never wrong; I just never got that far into the semantics like you did. Also, I never questioned his work ethic, so evidently you're a liar too.

You might not be a Carlton supporter, but clearly you're no different to the ones in this thread. You might as well support them.

If you're not PC then why are you going this far to argue?

Someone posted this:

It reminded me of exactly what people (like Emma Quayle) were saying about Yarran in 2008, who was also a WA aboriginal selected at pick 6 by Carlton, and thought I'd offer a tiny remark "Like Yarran", if only for a bit of sport, and clearly it was enough to make some Carlton fans explode and hurl laughable racist accusations.

Honestly, think what you will; I never said they were exactly alike but if you want to adopt this mindset that I'm driven to prove they're the same kind of player, continue wasting your life away at your leisure.

This far? Haha. I've made two (now three) posts on the matter. What about you?

You ruined your opinion by stating it as fact. Don't have to get so worked up bud it's just a football forum. People disagree sometimes. In this case it's virtually everyone against you but I do think it's not worth throwing a tantrum over.

This far? Haha. I've made two (now three) posts on the matter. What about you?

You ruined your opinion by stating it as fact. Don't have to get so worked up bud it's just a football forum. People disagree sometimes. In this case it's virtually everyone against you but I do think it's not worth throwing a tantrum over.
My opinion is "ruined" now? Ouch, not sure I'll ever recover. :neutral:

You're the only one getting worked up here (along with all the upset Carlton fans). It certainly is a fact that they're both aboriginal, both from WA, both pick 6, both drafted to Carlton, and had people labeling them the biggest talent of the draft and nothing you say can change that. I'm actually shocked at how much salt this has generated.

You're the only one getting worked up here (along with all the upset Carlton fans). It certainly is a fact that they're both aboriginal, both from WA, both pick 6, both drafted to Carlton, and had people labeling them the biggest talent of the draft and nothing you say can change that. I'm actually shocked at how much salt this has generated.

you must be new to 'current year'. NEVER be surprised at being called an 'ist' 'obe' or 'igot' - it's what people do nowdays - no reason required.

Having said that - I have no reason to doubt the player in question.....was rated as a potential #1 early last year iirc.

Basically - nothing you said was 'racist' - but never be surprised when blue-pills call you such.

I am not worked up one bit. I welcome your opinion pal. Your the one calling people pathetic and name calling which indicates a level of irritation with what they're saying. I just gave my opinion based on watching a lot of WA footy and knowing players. I'll leave you to it so I don't get more worked up though

Port's two top 20 picks are at opposite ends of the rainbow

Todd Marshall is going to take a couple of years to grow into his frame and put on some muscle, whereas Sam Powell-Pepper looks like he's as hard as a cut snake and physically ready to go from round one.

We have high hopes for both lads along with Atley & Drew

Port's two top 20 picks are at opposite ends of the rainbow

Todd Marshall is going to take a couple of years to grow into his frame and put on some muscle, whereas Sam Powell-Pepper looks like he's as hard as a cut snake and physically ready to go from round one.

We have high hopes for both lads along with Atley & Drew
I really like SPP. Would have been happy with him if we drafted him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So at the moment Setterfield, Scrimshaw, Cummings and possibly Marshall are the ones looking most like to bust. Logues injuries are a slight worry too.

Obviously as a Carlton supporter I'm hoping Setterfield will turn it around with an injury free run.

Marshall has his fans and was always going to take time so I don't think he's an issue.

Looks like another great draft. It's probably lacking a super elite player (Taranto maybe) but it's still very strong. Rare to see so many top draft picks performing at a high level so quickly.

Extremely harsh on Marshall trying to lump him in as a failure, across his two years he has played some very handy footy at AFL level. Which is a good effort given our shitful ball movement and structures as well as his publicised family tragedy.

Agree on the whole that it looks like a very solid draft with every player in the first round still a very reasonable chance to make it. Setterfield is very difficult to adjudge so far simply due to injuries and while we've seen basically nothing of Scrimshaw and Cumming it was known that both were likely longer term prospects.

As mentioned I think all will have at worse decent AFL careers, but English, McGrath, Taranto & Marshall I think have the potential to be right in the top bracket. Taranto, Perryman, Berry and Powell-Pepper I'm also pretty bullish on having 200+ game careers.

Extremely harsh on Marshall trying to lump him in as a failure, across his two years he has played some very handy footy at AFL level. Which is a good effort given our shitful ball movement and structures as well as his publicised family tragedy.

Do you even read bro?
Marshall has his fans and was always going to take time so I don't think he's an issue.

Marshall is probably a bit too light to be a FF anyway. He would have needed a few years to come into his own without his tragedies happening. Breaking his leg didn’t help either.
Not sure what’s going on with Powell-Pepper but his first season was astronomically good, maybe that’s why his second season doesn’t seem as good. He lost a bit of his ruthlessness after his shoulder injury after tackling Yeo I think it was. Should have won Rising Star but that’s not an overly important award.

So at the moment Setterfield, Scrimshaw, Cummings and possibly Marshall are the ones looking most like to bust. Logues injuries are a slight worry too.

Obviously as a Carlton supporter I'm hoping Setterfield will turn it around with an injury free run.

Looks like another great draft. It's probably lacking a super elite player (Taranto maybe) but it's still very strong. Rare to see so many top draft picks performing at a high level so quickly.

I reckon Clug will be the super elite player.

I reckon Clug will be the super elite player.
Doubtful. It’s going to be hard to stand out in that Brisbane side come 5 or 6 years. Plus with him being outside of Victoria it’s not going to be easy to get noticed.

Back