Opinion Which 3 newbies are you most excited about?

Which 3 newbies are you most excited about?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some of the senior players being shown up in ways like that just shows how ingrained some of our old habits became. Hopefully the new crew lead the way in changing those things..

Sorta shows up Gibbs and Murphy. Don't get me wrong, love them both, but the kids playing like this makes Gibbs and Murphy stand out in an almost Everitt kind of way.....

You may get some heat on you for saying that, but it's not completely without foundation.
That's not a necessarily a sleight on Gibbs nor Murphy but more so the system they grew up in.

You may get some heat on you for saying that, but it's not completely without foundation.
That's not a necessarily a sleight on Gibbs nor Murphy but more so the system they grew up in.
It's not Anjdreas (never did get his name right) levels of momentum killing lack of effort at the contest but is noticeable.

You will love this :-

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2017-05-03/firstyears-turn-up-the-heat-in-the-kitchen

LaManna5.jpg
Yep, saw it earlier. My son is on the left

Re watched the 2nd half last night, picked up on something about SPS.

At first I thought he was fitting in well without being a standout this year, however, when watching last night I noticed that every time he gives a handball he also provides a block for the receiver as well as releasing at the last possible second and draws the man exactly like Cripps when he hands it off. If you look closely at this work it means the person who receives has so much more time then when they receive a handball from anyone else on the team other then Cripps.

So after being unsure, I now think SPS is THE standout this year. He just needs to spot up targets up field a bit more rather than going sideways all the time, he has the skills but tends to play "safe" footy in the middle of the ground sometimes. Quickly becoming my favourite player since Fev.
Good pickup.

It is endemic in footy at the moment, when someone handpasses to a team mate and then they are immediately under pressure from the opponent who caused the handpass. Watch a game, any game, and so many wasted handpasses. My favourite is the one where they handpass backwards to the free guy out the back, and then let the opponent waltz past them and straight away harrass them. They then go backwards further and it ends up with a quick kick anyway, and theyve lost 30m.

Just on the newbies.....

What I like about the guys we have drafted (adopted) over the past two years, is that at their best, they all have at least one highlight trait.
There isn't a 'meat & potatoes' player amongst them.

The only player I considered early to be 'm & p' was Kerr and even he has been showing up KPF qualities over the past few weeks.

Look forward to bumping this thread every now and then......and all being well bumping up the qualities of what these guys are showing up.

No probes, my son liked it and thanks for your effort. He is battling Depression and Anxiety disorder and the night really helped. The club did not know about this before picking him.

Wow. That's a tough thing for a young person (any person) to go through.
Sometimes the tough things you go through early in life, hold you in good stead for the rest of your life.

Taking a chance here, but can you let your son know that we here at BF are on his side. Go young man!

Just on the newbies.....

What I like about the guys we have drafted (adopted) over the past two years, is that at their best, they all have at least one highlight trait.
There isn't a 'meat & potatoes' player amongst them.

The only player I considered early to be 'm & p' was Kerr and even he has been showing up KPF qualities over the past few weeks.

Look forward to bumping this thread every now and then......and all being well bumping up the qualities of what these guys are showing up.
Compare that to all the plodders on the Pies list. Looked like the Northern Blues were playing Vermont on Sunday

It's been great to hear the progression of Kerr so far since the VFL finally kicked off.

Is he rotating through key posts in the VFL and where is he tracking towards for an ideal AFL position if it arises...FF, FP, CHF?

It's been great to hear the progression of Kerr so far since the VFL finally kicked off.

Is he rotating through key posts in the VFL and where is he tracking towards for an ideal AFL position if it arises...FF, FP, CHF?

Kerr is a forward and his leading patterns and timing have looked very good early on.
Doesn't shirk the contest and is a team player.

There are limitations here but it's about getting your strengths up to a 9 rating and the rest should take care of itself.
No wild calls just yet, but so far, so good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Class of '16 update.

1. # 6 Petrevski-Seton - Not much needs to be said. Clearly going to be a star of the future.
2. #27 Fisher - Still getting up to speed but has enough going for him to become a regular AFL player.
3. #47 Macreadie - Reads the play well, has good hands and courage and a terrific side-step through traffic. AFL quality
4. #59 Polson - Will need time, but has break-neck speed and good understanding around stoppages. Good goal sense also.
5 # 61 Williamson - Hard to not see this guy coming on to become a regular in a strong squad. Has all the tools to do so.
6. #65 Kerr - Good lead-up player that can run up the ground. A little bit upright but has the right competitive spirit.

The class of '15 already looks high class as it should be.
Get this one to gel and we're on our way. So far, so good.

Back