Which AFL club has the most supporters in the NT?

Remove this Banner Ad

kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, East Freo, Glory
I'd assume its a pretty evenly run thing between the Crows, Bombers and Eagles for the most supported club in the territory, but obviously being a "neutral zone" so to speak it would be a real mish mash with no real dominate club commanding support. Anyone who is from there or has lived there know?

I've always assumed it was a bit like this:

Bombers, Crows, Eagles

Pies, Blues

Port, Tigers, Dees(thanks largely to their recent commitment up there)

the rest

I might be way off the mark though. Please enlighten me/us.......

I probably look biased but I would throw tigers up there in the top 3 or 4. On par with Essendon at least. I remember when I lived there as a kid the tigers were always up there playing the tiwi islanders in a friendly match. The tigers also have a lot of systems in place for the kids up there.

They do a lot of work that isn't massively common knowledge I reckon. And they were always heavily supported when I lived there but that's about 15 years ago so it may have changed.

With are matches against Melbourne up there in recent years, its often been seen as more an Adelaide home game, might be more the Eddie factor.

If the grand final at the Beachfront last year was any indication, there was *ton of Eagles fans and not a whole lot of Collingwood fans last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back