Which AFL players do you know?

Remove this Banner Ad

Topkent. I played footy for Meenyian, but team did u play for?

I went to school with Dys and Aaron Heppell

Not MDU! You guys had the worst umpire in the league haha he used to give 50s against us for sneezing near him we used to call him stumpy hated the prick lol
Played up to 15s for wonthaggi then moved to Tarwin
We won more games at wonny but I had more fun at Tarwin

I went to school with dys and Aaron Heppell. ( was closer mates with Aaron, saw dyson at his 21st. Enjoyed many beers with him earlier this year)

My brother whos 29 is best mates with Jarryd Roughhead . Rough is a handy basketballer, as is my brother so was fun to travell victoria watching them play Rep Ball when i was younger

Cant say i have played footy against anyone in the AFL though

Ex Collingwood and West Coast Star Damien Adkins did play footy at my local club for the best part of 10 years. We also had ex Bulldog Matt Robbins for a couple of years

Last edited:
Not MDU! You guys had the worst umpire in the league haha he used to give 50s against us for sneezing near him we used to call him stumpy hated the prick lol
Played up to 15s for wonthaggi then moved to Tarwin
We won more games at wonny but I had more fun at Tarwin
haha correct his name is Stumpy. I played footy with his kids. How long ago we talkin here? I have a fair few mates that play at the sharks.
Have u heard about the alberton league shakeup? And wonni is in the Same league as Leongatha because they always won every flag!

haha correct his name is Stumpy. I played footy with his kids. How long ago we talkin here? I have a fair few mates that play at the sharks.
Have u heard about the alberton league shakeup? And wonni is in the Same league as Leongatha because they always won every flag!
Stumpy haha this one day we played them and he was giving double 50s galore, must have been about 5 for the game .. couple were cause we belted some blokes but mostly for swearing .. we couldn't deal with it lol
Must be about 9 years ago I was in under 18s for Tarwin about 2006-2008

Yeah wonny got booted out to the league with Traralgon and Warragul and that much much harder but way fairer after the wonny team merged and started belting everyone

Was in the same year level as Giansiracusa and Podsiadly at school. Gia was always good, but went to another level in year 12, however he was soft as butter.
Podsy didn't start playing football until year 12 and * me he dominated and we were in a pretty decent school league and the herald sun shield. He didn't have a great footy brain, but his leap was insane. True story he never started playing footy before that because his mum thought it was too rough.
Also played with Ty Zantuck & Ben Haynes. You young guys probably can't remember them, but both played about 50 games with Richmond and Essendon

Was in the same year level as Giansiracusa and Podsiadly at school. Gia was always good, but went to another level in year 12, however he was soft as butter.
Podsy didn't start playing football until year 12 and **** me he dominated and we were in a pretty decent school league and the herald sun shield. He didn't have a great footy brain, but his leap was insane. True story he never started playing footy before that because his mum thought it was too rough.
Also played with Ty Zantuck & Ben Haynes. You young guys probably can't remember them, but both played about 50 games with Richmond and Essendon

Ty Zantucks responsible for the worst shot of all time if im not mistaken

I played junior footy with Josh Drummond. Was probably about the 10th best player in the team at that point, tho he never hit a high standard until his early 20's playing State footy. Interestingly, the best player in the team was Mark Visser, who is now a famous big wave surfer.

Played a bit of footy against Eddie Betts and played on him a few times.
There were a few other aboriginal kids in his side and I reckon there were periods of up 5 minutes where we actually didn't touch the ball!
Also tagged Matt Jones in a GF.

Played a bit of footy against Eddie Betts and played on him a few times.
There were a few other aboriginal kids in his side and I reckon there were periods of up 5 minutes where we actually didn't touch the ball!
Also tagged Matt Jones in a GF.
Aha the only thing i "Liked" about that post was the part about Matt Jones

I notice playing footy with someone seems to be a baseline requirement. I'd rather bring it back to just who you know. Or better still who might you have come across.

Dermy stepped on my foot and spilt a cocktail on me at Chin Chin and Robert Walls gave me his fish skeleton. I said hello to Paul Roos in a queue at Noisette. He was buying sourdough. Bomber Thompson lives near me. At night when we go to sleep, our heads would be about 30 metres apart. And he talks to me on the tram from time to time after I helped him catch his crazy micro dog. And Max Gawn once said to me that he loves beating Port [Adelaide]. And Heretier nearly ran me over in a Holden Insignia.

I played in the same side as Sean Charles for a couple of seasons. Best player I've ever seen by a long way. It was like watching an MJ highlights reel each week. He actually played in the backline for us, half back flank. Would have racked up 40+ every week, almost all contested because we were so shithouse!

I notice playing footy with someone seems to be a baseline requirement. I'd rather bring it back to just who you know. Or better still who might you have come across.

Dermy stepped on my foot and spilt a cocktail on me at Chin Chin and Robert Walls gave me his fish skeleton. I said hello to Paul Roos in a queue at Noisette. He was buying sourdough. Bomber Thompson lives near me. At night when we go to sleep, our heads would be about 30 metres apart. And he talks to me on the tram from time to time after I helped him catch his crazy micro dog. And Max Gawn once said to me that he loves beating Port [Adelaide]. And Heretier nearly ran me over in a Holden Insignia.
I find it hard to believe H wasn't driving a Prius.

Max is my nephew. I also meet Watts when they used to flat together - in fact I met another 5 demons too (can't even remember who!) at Max and Jack's place one day when they were all having a game of cricket in the backyard (summertime) It was a pretty serious game! Came over from NZ last year for the St Kilda game and sat next to Petracca's Mum, she was hilarious - so much fun to sit next to. When I went off to the bar, Max's Mum (my sister in law) got a photo of My hubby with Garland and Pedo - basically just to piss me off lol - Hubby didn't even know who they were, I am the footy mad one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max is my nephew. I also meet Watts when they used to flat together - in fact I met another 5 demons too (can't even remember who!) at Max and Jack's place one day when they were all having a game of cricket in the backyard (summertime) It was a pretty serious game! Came over from NZ last year for the St Kilda game and sat next to Petracca's Mum, she was hilarious - so much fun to sit next to. When I went off to the bar, Max's Mum (my sister in law) got a photo of My hubby with Garland and Pedo - basically just to piss me off lol - Hubby didn't even know who they were, I am the footy mad one.

I'm not worthy!

I played a lot of cricket with Andrew Gaff, Sam Crocker, Nathan Hrovat and a little bit with Tom Mitchell, a bit of footy too with Crocker and Gaff but then I switched to soccer when 'World Cup Fever' hit in 06 (?? I think) - funnily enough I absolutely hate soccer now.

I almost got in a fight with Jack Viney, his idiot mates were two years younger then me and thought it I was serious when I told them to 'get ready for fisticuffs at lunch'... they brought Jack along for 'intimidation' but I think he was pretty wary of getting in to anything (I imagine Todd would have been furious, and you would not want to be on his bad side...) - needless to say I told them they were d**kheads and they left quite embarrassed.

Funnily enough Jack was a Hawks man and hated the Dees until Todd came back into the fold.
Screams of Carey ;)

Nah I think it was just a couple of punches. He didn't go into too much detail.
It was back when he was playing for Bunyip and not long before he got picked up by Geelong's VFL side.
A drunken night out in Drouin and a few words were exchanged between him and and his mates, and Shane and his mates. Then they all started punching on and Shane got my mate a good one.

My mate has recently my supervisor. There was talk of Hawthorn picking him up (from Sydney) and my mate was going to tear up his membership if the Hawks recruited him.

When i was in year 11 (2003) our senior 22 had 5 blokes who were eventually drafted, most notably ricky dyson who played 102 games for Essendon. The rest were only on a list for 1-2 years and played a couple of games at best. We barely won a game that year because Northern knights our TAC side barely let them play. In fact pretty much our best 22 were all playing or in the Knights squad.

Chris Langford.
Bumped into him mid week before '87 Prelim. He was very nervous. Looked a bit messy. Very unlike him. Still think about that day regularly. Why didnt they just run down the clock . So easy. Eishold's kick would of been the last or second last before siren.....damn
Could have won that year without Flower. Melbourne were killing teams.

I came across Petracca last week at the local football while he was watching his older brother play. I said hello so does this count?

Goose Maguire my favourite, champion bloke, went to school with him and his brother Ben.

Various other Geelong football club associated scumbags.

My wife is good mates with Jonno Brown and by extension I am friends with Jonno Brown.
That said, he has recently sold his house in Camberwell so it's now a long distance relationship.

I came across Petracca last week at the local football while he was watching his older brother play. I said hello so does this count?
Absolutely!

Few months ago I was served a coffee by someone who looked exactly like Dom Tyson. I'm claiming that one too, even if it wasn't him :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back