Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

This is not some pathetic, petty, childish hatred, this is about history and the survival of the North Melbourne Football Club.

Essendon played a part in stopping North Melbourne's inclusion to the VFL in 1896 (Collingwood and Carlton (how these morons had any influence is beyond me, they were a joke in 1896/7/8/9) also played a part), almost caused our extinction in 1922 (admittedly they can't take all the blame, we should take a small portion ourselves) and demanded extra restrictions (mainly to our recruitment zones) when we were admitted to the VFL in 1925.

These guys are bottom of the barrel scum.

Well your last complaint was only 94 years ago, so at least you’re not holding a grudge 😂

Bit disappointed and surprised we're only in 3rd place and with just under 10% of the votes. With our recent successes, and the outcry over stupid s**t like free kick Hawthorn, Free Agency Hawthorn, and can't they draft and develop any of their own players Hawthorn, I honestly thought we'd have a much bigger chunk of the hatred vote.

Football fans have short memories. Hawthorn are no longer a threat for the premiership so the reason to hate them is gone. People don't really think about 2013 to 2015 much anymore.

This is not some pathetic, petty, childish hatred, this is about history and the survival of the North Melbourne Football Club.

Essendon played a part in stopping North Melbourne's inclusion to the VFL in 1896 (Collingwood and Carlton (how these morons had any influence is beyond me, they were a joke in 1896/7/8/9) also played a part), almost caused our extinction in 1922 (admittedly they can't take all the blame, we should take a small portion ourselves) and demanded extra restrictions (mainly to our recruitment zones) when we were admitted to the VFL in 1925.

These guys are bottom of the barrel scum.
You just proved my point. That was 100 years ago.

Yeah but Essendon aren't hated for their success as much as how they try to obtain success, we dont want to be hated for that, just for our arrogant winning ways.

You sound like Richmond is the greatest most successful side in the competition. You had 1 great year in the last 37 years. Richmond have only been in 5 final series in 37 years. You club had been the laughing stock during that period from 1983-2016!!!

We all know that when Richmond are down the bottom of the ladder the fans don’t go to games and the club is forced to sell games interstate to make money lol

That’s nothing to be arrogant about

Last edited:
Laughing at all the cucks voting Essendon. :tearsofjoy:

We embrace the hate. Nobody likes us? We don't care. 16 premierships. Record membership numbers. Crowd attendance through the roof. Multi-million dollar sponsorships. Suck on that, libtards.

Your membership and attendance’s are well behind Richmond and Collingwood’s and you struggle to sell out Etihad stadium.

The only reason why Essendon are so hated is because of the drug scandal and Essendon fans are so arrogant that they still believe that their team is as good as the 2000 premiership side. It has been 18 years since Essendon have been relevant.

The main problem with Essendon is that they think “we are Essendon premierships will come our way”. Has not worked out for Essendon and Carlton as it is no longer the vfl and you can no longer buy players and premierships anymore. If Essendon fc still think like they are the greatest club of all time you could be waiting for another 20 years till Essendon contend for another premiership.

Oi! Who picked the Suns?

😃

I hate the team of AFL officials who sign off on jumpers/shorts/socks for each match as they have no idea.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t insist the cameras at the SCG are put higher on the roof of the Brewongle stand rather than 3m off the ground.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t allow a countdown clock at the game so that everyone knows the time, not just the coaches box, bench, tv audience and those listening on radio. Or who alternatively wont remove the countdown clock from tv, coaches boxes and benches so that noone knows.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t try one or two friday night double headers with a second game from perth.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t take account of public holidays outside Victoria and fixture accordingly.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t ensure that 4k go pro or equivalents are no installed at each venue for goal line replay.

I hate the channel seven commentary team.

I hate the fact i cannot watch the grand final on foxtel ad free even tho I am willing to pay say $50 one off for that privilege.

I hate that the umpires are mic’ed up. Adds nothing.

I hate that food at the footy costs as much as it did. Make it half price and watch sales more than double = profit.

I love my team. My city. And the passion that our small but growing team of supporters and members show.

I love our president.

I love my footy.

Oi! Who picked the Suns?

I hate the team of AFL officials who sign off on jumpers/shorts/socks for each match as they have no idea.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t insist the cameras at the SCG are put higher on the roof of the Brewongle stand rather than 3m off the ground.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t allow a countdown clock at the game so that everyone knows the time, not just the coaches box, bench, tv audience and those listening on radio. Or who alternatively wont remove the countdown clock from tv, coaches boxes and benches so that noone knows.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t try one or two friday night double headers with a second game from perth.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t take account of public holidays outside Victoria and fixture accordingly.

I hate the team of AFL officials who won’t ensure that 4k go pro or equivalents are no installed at each venue for goal line replay.

I hate the channel seven commentary team.

I hate the fact i cannot watch the grand final on foxtel ad free even tho I am willing to pay say $50 one off for that privilege.

I hate that the umpires are mic’ed up. Adds nothing.

I hate that food at the footy costs as much as it did. Make it half price and watch sales more than double = profit.

I love my team. My city. And the passion that our small but growing team of supporters and members show.

I love our president.

I love my footy.
I like this post.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon and Carlton will always be at my top, both cheated for so much of what they have.

Collingwood meh, I almost feel sorry for them, with only 4 flags in 80 years, and so many losing Grand Finals....almost.

You do realise the Salary Cap only came in around 1987 yeah?

So since then and i assume you are talking about this stuff, Carlton won 1 flag and that is in 1995 when there was only 1 Cap breach by the Swans that season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_salary_cap

Like to know how we have cheated for so much of what we have as you so elegantly put it or do you just hate who your dad tells you to?

You do realise the Salary Cap only came in around 1987 yeah?

So since then and i assume you are talking about this stuff, Carlton won 1 flag and that is in 1995 when there was only 1 Cap breach by the Swans that season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AFL_salary_cap

Like to know how we have cheated for so much of what we have as you so elegantly put it?
Yeah the old chestnut of we weren't found to have been cheating in 1995 but we cheated in the years leading up and it helped to maintain the list so our premiership isn't questionable.

Overwhelming view is Essendon last 2 and Carlton's last premierships were obtained through salary cap breach.

Yeah the old chestnut of we weren't found to have been cheating in 1995 but we cheated in the years leading up and it helped to maintain the list so our premiership isn't questionable.

Overwhelming view is Essendon last 2 and Carlton's last premierships were obtained through salary cap breach.

With absolutely no evidence to support it for us in 1995. Assumptions are just always made though.

You also say " Years" meaning more than one and it was 1993 only in which we received a fine with the Bombers/ Demons and Bulldogs also being fined for breaches.

Bombers were over the Cap massively in 1993 and that is fact in which they were sanctioned.

In 1996, Essendon were fined a record $638,250 ($250,000 in back tax and penalties, $112,000 for draft tampering and $276,250 for breaching the salary cap regulations), forfeited their first, second and third round picks in the National Draft and were excluded from the 1997 rookie and pre-season drafts after a joint Australian Tax Office and AFL investigation found that they had committed serious and systematic breaches of the salary cap regulations totalling $514,500 between 1991 and 1996, including $110,000 in 1993 when Essendon won the premiership.[11]

Last edited:
Means nothing tbh. I've attended countless Eagles games, and have seen:
- children swearing at the umpires, being encouraged by their parents
- constant booing (obviously no secret)
- harrassment of opposition fans before and especially after the game
- injury cheering of opposition players, including countless people who laughed about Brayshaw being hit by Gaff

It has little to do with the team, and everything to do with assembling large groups of people in one place. You are bound to see the absolute degenerates of society given there will be 10s of thousands present
Sounds like Windy Hill, Moorabbin, Vic Park. I even recall some rough times at Albert Park in the day.

Carlton... can't say i hate them but they are the team i like to see us beat or get filthy when they beat us...
watching some of the gladiatorial contests in the late 60's / early 70's where no prisoners were taken and the 1970 GF is where it comes from for me...
rabid full houses at Victoria Park and Princes Park and the crowd rocked to what was happening on the field... great rivalry

Last edited:
Before joining BigFooty:
Port - SA resident, watched them beat us too many times growing up
Collingwood - was ‘biggest’ club at time, trendy to do so
Geelong - success envy

After joining BigFooty (no particular order):
Adelaide - mostly since 2017, relentless whinging, fans won’t accept being beaten by better team on GF day
Collingwood - jumped back up in last 6 months (didn’t mind them for a bit before that), equate prelim victory to actual premiership
Geelong - see Adelaide (more or less)
Essendon - drugs + blind denial

Don’t mind Port now - plenty of ‘bogan ferals’ (every club has them), but generally pretty good for friendly bants

Would like to see Brisbane and Carlton (yeah, I said it) get competitive again.

The rest - meh.

I think if basing off BF everyone would hate every oppo club (except GC because they have about 3 members on here of which only 1 ventures out of the board) due to anonymity allowing people to bring the worst of themselves and therefore their club.

I would have thought much of the Richmond Adelaide hatred had dieddown in the last year. There is always an element of sore losing AND sore winning that comes about after a GF (see Collingwood/WCE this year for reference) but i dont see long term hate between the clubs tbh. I for one am looking forward to seeing the Tiges wallop the Blues on Thursday.

Back