Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

jaygee

Debutant
Oct 5, 2004
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
So who is the most hated team in the AFL by us the fans??
We all know the interstate teams like Adelaide and Port Adelaide hate each other and Fremantle and West Coast have a great hate. Who else Harthorn hate Essendon?? Collingwood hate Carlton/Richmond??
So lets see who is the most hated once and for all, lets start the poll for the Great Hate debate.
I look forward to seeing which teams supporters hate who.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Expect one way rivalry votes from offended bombers and pies fans for the lions
I like the lions.
but then i also like the blues and hawks. my essendon brethren don't approve.

I'd say we'd be up there.
I seem to come across a lot of fans who are open to most teams other than the Dons winning a flag if their own team wouldn't.
i don't blame them when you sit with our fans sometimes.

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Rules committee and the umpires.....

The dislike in the way the games rules have changed and interpreted the past five or so years should unite supporters of the 18 clans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
im pretty sure Geoffa hates Rucci & Kornes the most, he's addicted to their twitter feeds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everybody hates Collingwood. It's the Law.
As a North Melbourne supporter, I'm constitutionally obligated to hate Essendon. But even if it wasn't in the club's constitution I'd still hate them.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
My most hated will always be the Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon trio. The order changes, based on a number of factors but its always those three.

The history, the standing in Victoria, the big matches with huge crowds, the growing up and banter with friends. It's a pretty passionate rivalry.

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
The thread title should be club - not team. I don't really hate the eagles team, nor their supporters. The club, however, can GAGF.

And even then it's not so much directly them, more the clubs treatment by the media and the umpires. Much like how the Vic/AFL media treats Melbourne based clubs so differently and how that incites hatred.

It's a strange hatred/rivalry here in WA as it's their reaction to the actions of others that really defines it (if that makes sense)

SSrixon

Senior List
Sep 6, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Used to be the Swans when I lived in Sydney as you'd only ever hear about the Swans in the media (2012 didn't help either). Probably Carlton now, I remember the Carlton arrogance growing up in the 90's and it imprinted on me from a young age. In saying that, I went to a few Carlton games at the height of their powers in 1995 and the atmosphere at the games was insane. The round 22 game that year against the Bombers must've had close to 90k people and I remember it fondly as a neutral.

Back