Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

• Total voters

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Why are you promoting hate speech?

;)
No seriously I take the most pleasure in beating Collingwood, particularly in September.

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Essendon - cheating dogs, media darlings, loudmouth dickhead fans. I love seeing them fail and I lapped up their tears over the "saga" :devil:
Geelong - sanctimonious pricks, but I enjoy the rivalry. Great club.
Sydney - AFL lovechild who operate under different rules, on and off the field. But I also respect them too. I just wish it was a level playing field.

That's it, really.

North Melbourne can be a flog footy club at times, but I mostly wish them well. There's always a bit of heat there between Hawks and North.

Collingwood - no hatred. Great club. The media bias can be annoying. I hate the showpony 'rock star' Pie flogs like Didak, Fasolo, Daisy, Beams, etc
Richmond - no hatred. Good to see their long-suffering fans finally enjoying some success, even though they can be stupidly biased.
Carlton - I used to hate/fear/respect them, but that was more than 20 years ago. I'd like to see Bolton succeed.

West Coast - great club, nothing but respect from me. Although i always barrack for underdog Freo against them.
Adelaide and Port - both good clubs... except for their whiny cry-baby fans who let their club down by constantly bitching about umpiring after losing finals.

Brisbane, Melbourne, Bulldogs, Saints and Dockers fall into the loveable losers category. I don't mind seeing them get their s**t together and rise up the ladder.

GWS, Gold Coast... Meh...

Last edited:

Jedi Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Before joining BigFooty:
Port - SA resident, watched them beat us too many times growing up
Collingwood - was ‘biggest’ club at time, trendy to do so
Geelong - success envy

After joining BigFooty (no particular order):
Adelaide - mostly since 2017, relentless whinging, fans won’t accept being beaten by better team on GF day
Collingwood - jumped back up in last 6 months (didn’t mind them for a bit before that), equate prelim victory to actual premiership
Geelong - see Adelaide (more or less)
Essendon - drugs + blind denial

Don’t mind Port now - plenty of ‘bogan ferals’ (every club has them), but generally pretty good for friendly bants

Would like to see Brisbane and Carlton (yeah, I said it) get competitive again.

The rest - meh.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Hate is such a harsh word to use.

I dont hate any club but some I dont real care for and some I dislike.

When Freo were actually decent I would get close but now I feel sorry for them.

Thats why its good to have Collingwood up and contending........as well as them being really good at choking in grand finals.

Man0gwaR74

All Australian
Oct 6, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Most of this hatred of Bombers for the actions of a few pushing the boundaries with drugs at the club over a short period of time, is unfair! I could use the fact that Carlton rorted the salary cap a few times that we know of over the past 40years, but as much as I don't like their cheating over the years and I prolly do hate Carlton more than the Pies but I don't say it out loud, like I would for the Pies coz it more widely accepted by the football community; if you don't support Pies, then you hate them! Only need to look at how Eddie Maguire makes a song and dance every time something doesn't go the Pies way! No other club acts like they deserve all the benefits, like the Pies do! Sure, they got one of the highest supporter bases and sell the most memorabilia but you don't hear for example, the Tiges making as much of a fuss about these things. The Pies have this self entitled attitude that makes them intolerable to opposition supporters! I voted Pies but personally being a Cats supporter, I reserve a special hatred for the Hawks for all the pain that have caused me over the past 40years!

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
As a fan of West Coast I don't really like Freo.
The Vic clubs hatred is an insular one for Vics to comment on I reckon as Vic clubs for me were of zero relevance when I grew up on the WAFL. Many hate Collingwood but I find that more of a sheep mentality more than anything, sort of like the cool thing to do.

Mcgearzz

Debutant
Sep 7, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester City
Most of this hatred of Bombers for the actions of a few pushing the boundaries with drugs at the club over a short period of time, is unfair! I could use the fact that Carlton rorted the salary cap a few times that we know of over the past 40years, but as much as I don't like their cheating over the years and I prolly do hate Carlton more than the Pies but I don't say it out loud, like I would for the Pies coz it more widely accepted by the football community; if you don't support Pies, then you hate them! Only need to look at how Eddie Maguire makes a song and dance every time something doesn't go the Pies way! No other club acts like they deserve all the benefits, like the Pies do! Sure, they got one of the highest supporter bases and sell the most memorabilia but you don't hear for example, the Tiges making as much of a fuss about these things. The Pies have this self entitled attitude that makes them intolerable to opposition supporters! I voted Pies but personally being a Cats supporter, I reserve a special hatred for the Hawks for all the pain that have caused me over the past 40years!
I think most hawk and North Melbourne fans run big footy. Run this poll when we where 1-19 in 2016

mick500

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Adelaide aren't hated because we aren't winning premierships, people would just prefer we didn't exist.. And treat our club accordingly.

Back