Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

Which AFL team is the most hated by us the fans??

• Total voters

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Richmond, but it has nothing to do with the team but rather their fans. They were completely awful after their premiership win. Eagles fans could teach Richmond fans a lot about how to behave after a premiership win. I have not wanted to reach through a computer and punch an Eagles fan once this entire off season.
On BF I get it. A lot of pop ups last year. I wasn't at the GF but I was at the PF and they were actually pretty classy in my experience, as I've said before. Not much if the nahhnahh, lots of joy.

Apr 25, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
stirling senators
Don't really hate anybody.Love yars.Love yars all .Except for Lingy.Lingys a *head.Collingwood went with the nasty bully attitude towards the end of last season and did it well.I haven't seen them this preseason yet but will look for the bogan style head shave type hairstyles that typify a nasty scary bully to see if they are going to intensify that attitude this season.Wouldnt surprise me if they do.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Never liked Collingwood and easy to keep not liking them as Eddie McGuire made himself president for life. Pretty s**t person who uses his radio show to attack journalists, club and league officials, and anyone who says or does something not aligning with his self-interest.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
My most hated will always be the Collingwood, Carlton, Essendon trio. The order changes, based on a number of factors but its always those three.

The history, the standing in Victoria, the big matches with huge crowds, the growing up and banter with friends. It's a pretty passionate rivalry.

Can't believe there would be hate for the Blues. Surely most people just feel sorry for them these days?

Mar 4, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
As a Power supporter it would be easy to hate Adelaide, but meh, im a bit old for that cross town rivalry rubbish and any SA club kicking a Vic is worth applause in my mind.
I could easily hate Geelong for 119, but im over that now and lets face it, no one would have got close to the Weapon's boys that day...
I could hate Collingwood for the same reasons that everyone hates Collingwood, but I actually don't mind the club, Eddie can suck a dick anytime he likes though.
I could hate Essendon for being drug cheats, but they got caught which is actually quite funny.

No, I don't really hate anyone, but I cant stand Richmond, its Cheating protected Captain, its diving pretty boy fullback, Butler, Caddy, their supporters and that J Riewoldt has a Premiership medal and N Riewoldt doesn't.
I do like Mrs Hardwick, Dimma and Dusty though.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It is RFC's ambition to once again become the most despised team in the country, as we were a few decades ago. Third most hated is not good enough. Come on Tiges, lift your game.
Yeah but Essendon aren't hated for their success as much as how they try to obtain success, we dont want to be hated for that, just for our arrogant winning ways.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Yeah but Essendon aren't hated for their success as much as how they try to obtain success, we dont want to be hated for that, just for our arrogant winning ways.

The thing is the players of your team are not overly arrogant, not really anyway, it is the fans that are appalling in that area. West Coast fans were great this year. They did not do what Richmond fans did for almost 12 months and try and bring up their premiership in every single discussion or act arrogantly. I mean 3rd graders get taught to be a good winner, but it isn't something Richmond fans learned.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Most of this hatred of Bombers for the actions of a few pushing the boundaries with drugs at the club over a short period of time, is unfair! I could use the fact that Carlton rorted the salary cap a few times that we know of over the past 40years, but as much as I don't like their cheating over the years and I prolly do hate Carlton more than the Pies but I don't say it out loud, like I would for the Pies coz it more widely accepted by the football community; if you don't support Pies, then you hate them! Only need to look at how Eddie Maguire makes a song and dance every time something doesn't go the Pies way! No other club acts like they deserve all the benefits, like the Pies do! Sure, they got one of the highest supporter bases and sell the most memorabilia but you don't hear for example, the Tiges making as much of a fuss about these things. The Pies have this self entitled attitude that makes them intolerable to opposition supporters! I voted Pies but personally being a Cats supporter, I reserve a special hatred for the Hawks for all the pain that have caused me over the past 40years!
Dont forget Essendon also have a flag won in a cap rorting year and many other cases of cheating through the years, the Dank years are just the icing on the cake of this nasty little club

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It's odd some Richmond supporters think they're the big dog and everybody is out to get them them after one premiership... two seasons ago...

Nov 20, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Used to be the Swans when I lived in Sydney as you'd only ever hear about the Swans in the media (2012 didn't help either). Probably Carlton now, I remember the Carlton arrogance growing up in the 90's and it imprinted on me from a young age. In saying that, I went to a few Carlton games at the height of their powers in 1995 and the atmosphere at the games was insane. The round 22 game that year against the Bombers must've had close to 90k people and I remember it fondly as a neutral.
Remember that game and especially remember Spalding kicking one on his left from 50. Btw I only hate the team that is playing us on match day.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
The thing is the players of your team are not overly arrogant, not really anyway, it is the fans that are appalling in that area. West Coast fans were great this year. They did not do what Richmond fans did for almost 12 months and try and bring up their premiership in every single discussion or act arrogantly. I mean 3rd graders get taught to be a good winner, but it isn't something Richmond fans learned.
Suck it up princess one year of arrogance after 37 years of taking plenty of s**t from inside and outside the club is pretty fair if you think about it.

WCE supporters cruise along as the most popular club in a 2 team state, no comparison with Richmonds return to the top.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It's odd some Richmond supporters think they're the big dog and everybody is out to get them them after one premiership... two seasons ago...
No we think we will be the big dog by the time our window closes, 2017 was just the beginning.
Essendon think they're a big dog after doing absolutely nothing but cheat in many years, now run along pup.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Nothing, the person you're replying to is notorious for their biased hatred towards the Dogs. Just being salty about being knocked out of finals
Why lie about something you couldn't possibly know? Do you think if you say it often enough it will make it true?

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Suck it up princess one year of arrogance after 37 years of taking plenty of s**t from inside and outside the club is pretty fair if you think about it.

WCE supporters cruise along as the most popular club in a 2 team state, no comparison with Richmonds return to the top.

There is a comparison, and in that comparison West Coast fans turned out to be better.

Back