Which Carlton Player Can You Not Forgive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, time for some off season fun and memories.

As a club I reckon we have done quite well with hanging on to most players and not have too many leave that we wanted to hang on to. The game is different now so player movement is expected.

So the question is, which Carlton player is the one that really hurts you for leaving. Who is the one try as you may you just cannot forgive for changing teams?

For me it was Ray Byrne, he was my favourite player growing up and when he left at the end of the 1978 season to join the bitter enemy I was shattered. It made me ill to see him in the black and white stripes and it was probably only the fact we rolled them in the 1979 grand final that made me feel better.

There have been plenty of others so I look forward to reading about them in this thread.

Okay, time for some off season fun and memories.

As a club I reckon we have done quite well with hanging on to most players and not have too many leave that we wanted to hang on to. The game is different now so player movement is expected.

So the question is, which Carlton player is the one that really hurts you for leaving. Who is the one try as you may you just cannot forgive for changing teams?

For me it was Ray Byrne, he was my favourite player growing up and when he left at the end of the 1978 season to join the bitter enemy I was shattered. It made me ill to see him in the black and white stripes and it was probably only the fact we rolled them in the 1979 grand final that made me feel better.

There have been plenty of others so I look forward to reading about them in this thread.
Aaron Hamill. Was gutted like a fish when he left.
He and Whitnall were an awesome duo.
P.s. * you John Elliot...

• Banned
Aaron Hamill. Was gutted like a fish when he left.
He and Whitnall were an awesome duo.
P.s. **** you John Elliot...

I was at the Best and Fairest night when Elliott unloaded on him during his speech. Was pretty obvious Aaron was out the door!

Forgave him years ago.

Don't look back in anger.

On his day, the only matchwinner we had.
Which is why he let the club, supporters and himself down, as Bluesque said.

A complete buffoon who played a huge part in establishing a toxic culture amongst the playing group, one that has taken many years to rectify.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t can the players thread hey.

I'm outta here.
you'll be missed - thread is a lot different to the "worst carlton player ever" efforts of old......in fact many of the players nominated here will be stars

I love your enthusiasm for that man Coach!
I either see something in him that others don't, or I'm missing something that others see. But I love this bloke. He's a star in my eyes. I don't know if it will ever be "official", but he'll go down as a great for me...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back