Strategy Which changes do we make at seasons end? (coaching, rec, dev, admin?)

What changes do we make at seasons end?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With Nathan Buckley's tenure as season coach almost certain to come to and end in a few weeks (oh come on it's as certain as GAJ going back to Geelong) I thought it was time to assess how many changes we make to other areas of the club.

The options are;

Nathan Buckley only; Bucks is the only one to go, all his assistants stay as does everyone else in all major positions at the club.

Nathan Buckley and most of his assistants; Sanderson will stay, he has one year left on his contract, but none of the other assistants are not contracted, so bye bye to all but Sando.

NB, his assistants, and Derek Hine go; Do we place as much blame on recruiting as we do on coaching? If so, Hine goes too. As do a lot of his crew, including Rendell you'd suspect.

NB, his assistants and our recruiting and development goes; Clean it all out. Fire sale, fire sale.

Other; Open to suggestion, any combination goes, including administration and board members, fitness.

Personally I'd get rid of Bucks and all his assistants, hire the new coaching group and let them choose which other football department people they keep.

Keep Buckley, burns, Harvey, Sanderson.

Get rid of Lockyer, rocca.

Serious review of recruiting, however wells/Maine aside, this has improved in recent years.

A clean out doesn't mean things get better. Let's stop being a thickle mob and not turn into a Richmond that talks about sacking coaches every 3 years.

A full Geelong style review.
But no Ed involvement in it, but that won't happen because he can't help himself.

Ed should go regardless as the club is not his personal favourite fiefdom

Up till Saturday I thought what would happen was Nathans appointment for a further two years.
I have changed after Nathan's comments and think he will self jump at the end of year saying it's for someone else.

That's what i think will happen

All heads of football department gone and the incoming coach to decide on what's to be done with assistants/ recruiting/ fitness/ rehab in conjunction with Walsh.

This isn't the first question that needs to be answered and should only be assessed once Pert is moved on.

All heads of football department gone and the incoming coach to decide on what's to be done with assistants/ recruiting/ fitness/ rehab in conjunction with Walsh.

This isn't the first question that needs to be answered and should only be assessed once Pert is moved on.
I agree that all heads should be gone (except Walsh). I don't think the coach should have all encompassing power to decide on recruiting manager etc per se, but should definitely have input in assistant coaches

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed will only go when him and his two son think it's time, North Korean handover maybe?
Ed will go when go d calls him to the fathers house.

Not sure that is a good thing

I agree that all heads should be gone (except Walsh). I don't think the coach should have all encompassing power to decide on recruiting manager etc per se, but should definitely have input in assistant coaches

IMO, it depends on whether he will or won't sit on the list management team.

If the next coach is going to be part of that group he needs to be involved in the selection process because they'll need to be able to work together well. If he won't be involved in that area I agree. I think it's important for him to be a member of that team personally.

The structure needs to be addressed though because we have our CEO involved in list management decisions (I mean WTF!!) and our head recruiter is the head of the group which is blatantly wrong, IMO.

Bucks will 100% be gone by seasons end. Nothing surer. I do believe that's just the start of what needs to be done. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Bucks will move on and he'll do it head held high.

And clean out the whole footy department takes an early lead.:horseracing::horseracing:

Slightly shocked with that, although probably does give an indication as to the angst shown with the club at the moment by most fans.

Change is needed, of that I think we are all in agreement, just a matter of what change that will be.

If John the boot studded isn't fired by the end of the season I'll hand in my membership :mad:
Neil is the bootstudder.
And he got an award for club services in recent AGM.

Unsure his work with carrying the big bags is that poor that the poor guy cops the guillotine :eek:
So your membership is still safe. (Subject to your payment of full subs, Pert likes seeing the money.)

f9aTlf3.gif

Back