Which club do you hate more? Collingwood or Essendon?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that because of the 2 games in 1976..Blight goal at Princes Park and the prelim??
Could be. Both those losses certainly stung.

Arden Street was a ground that conjures bad memories (mostly) for me. 1973 was a bloodbath and cost us the flag. Barassi couldn‘t beat us fairly so he arranged for Kekovich and Baker to smash Crosswell and Walls in a violent first half. I had my usual position on the fence and I can still see Crosswell’s blood spattered face as he continued to play with a badly broken nose. Eventually they had to take him off and send him to hospital due to the amount of blood loss. And then Wallsy. Brave, stupid Wallsy. Eyes on the high ball. Snake’s eyes else where. Wallsy carried off on a stretcher. I’m told that when they carried Wallsy in, Crosswell had to be restrained from going back onto the field. It was a bad day for football and, equally, as violent as the rubbish Richmond pulled in the GF.

Could be. Both those losses certainly stung.

Arden Street was a ground that conjures bad memories (mostly) for me. 1973 was a bloodbath and cost us the flag. Barassi couldn‘t beat us fairly so he arranged for Kekovich and Baker to smash Crosswell and Walls in a violent first half. I had my usual position on the fence and I can still see Crosswell’s blood spattered face as he continued to play with a badly broken nose. Eventually they had to take him off and send him to hospital due to the amount of blood loss. And then Wallsy. Brave, stupid Wallsy. Eyes on the high ball. Snake’s eyes else where. Wallsy carried off on a stretcher. I’m told that when they carried Wallsy in, Crosswell had to be restrained from going back onto the field. It was a bad day for football and, equally, as violent as the rubbish Richmond pulled in the GF.
is this in round 13? cant seem to find replay/highlights

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club needs a good healthy rivalry. I actually really enjoy our rivalry with Collingwood. So while I don’t like Collingwood, I respect them and love what we have with them.

If Essendon ceased to exist I would not care!

Yeah it's like honorary to dislike Collingwood,

All I wish upon * is pain and suffering and a total collapse of their drug cheating club

Yeah it's like honorary to dislike Collingwood,

All I wish upon * is pain and suffering and a total collapse of their drug cheating club
Can get behind this

I dislike 4 or 5 others more than I dislike these 2. But, if I had to choose between em, I'd choose Pies.

Similar thread on the Collingwood board shows they hate Carlton far more than anyone else including Essendon.

Interesting to see Collingwood hate Carlton more than Carlton hate Collingwood, especially when Collingwood are generally accepted as being the most hated club in the league.

Father hates Richmond because of late 60s early 70s clashes ................... Geoff Southby & co

I hate * because they use to beat us up and beat us on the scoreboard 80s.

Those experiences stay with you decades later.

I enjoyed Kouta's finals win against * more than the 87 grand final.

Back