Which club do you hate more? Collingwood or Essendon?

Who do you hate more?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I can understand that. Although I was too young to see the 1972 and 73 seasons but still seen black and white footage to make my blood boil. But growing up in school with lots of Carlton and Richmond supporters those 1980 to 82 seasons imprinted and enhanced a life time hatred for that club. Funny enough I remember a mate of mine who is Richmond fan said in 1985 that he reckon Tigers won't be in finals for 10 years. He was pretty spot on. They been of very little relevance in terms of contention for premierships or big finals in 3 decades. Although it seemed like the year Ben Cousins was making their debut for them, their delusions of thinking they were a threat was sickening. Fixing them up round 1 then was very sweet indeed. They do get ahead of themselves as supporters like no other. They also go deep into woodwork and hard to find when they are s**t. But when they start winning again it is amazing how many of them say they stuck through thick and then. That type of dishonesty will never have mellow my hatred for them. May we meet them in finals this next season
As far as thuggery went, Richmond were streets ahead of Col or Ess back in the late 60s & 70s and their supporters were just so arrogant as well !!!

I Do Not Hate the Bombers , I can always think back to 99 prelim and Kouta ripping them apart ,remember the tears from their players and fans after they lost ..How much joy it gave me , you cant hate after that :D

but i really hate the others *s

I hate Essendon most.
Collingwood are a bit further down the list. I hate St Kilda, Richmond, and West Coast more than I hate the Pies.

Was Collingwood, but Essendon's behaviour throughout the doping scandal has made me absolutely loathe them.

Have hated Norf ever since chicken gate too. That they aided and abetted the character assassination of the great Chris Judd will never be forgiven or forgotten.

And a dickhead club like the Sydney Swans having a no dickheads team policy has always made me smirk at what dickheads they really are.

Boy, that felt good.

Who do I hate more? If only the afl world allowed me to choose btw the traditional melbourne rivalries. Who do I hate the most? Answer: the AFL. They have skewed the competition against the Melbourne teams for years to come yet.
How long will it take us to be in a position to realistically challenge, and succeed in that challenge, in the Courts.? Too long if we continue to surrender to the AFL's game " plan". We Melbourne teams should unite to correct the current interstate imbalance.
GO BLUES!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never liked Essendon, only club to win a flag while over the salary cap to beat us in 93, hordes of diving players (Lloyd, Monfries, Jetta, Davie etc) who would always seem to get paid handsomely inside their F50 against us for flopping. Being massive drug cheats and getting away with it to an extent, especially in comparison to how we were punished for salary cap breaches. Plenty of players who just come across as stinkers. Collingwood haven't really done anything I dislike, it's just nice to beat them because I have so many mates who support them. Richmond a bit hard to hate, in my time they really haven't done anything. Collingwood have at leas been good within the last 30 years.

Anyone that was alive to witness the 93 Grand Final would have no hesitation in choosing the scum as their most hated. Will never get over that day.

The 1981 Night Grand Final says hello.:p

So does the Round 20 game at Princes Park, where umpire Ian Robinson took the ball of Fitzy for time wasting. :mad:

Is that the famous Watson footage where he jumps over the player? I was too young for that one, seen it a million times but!

Yep. My everlasting hatred of that putrid s**t stain of a football club started from that night.

Despite us winning the 81 and 82 premierships we didn't beat those bastards from 1981 to 1986.

And in 1981 we lost the night grand final and then a few weeks later that famous round 20 game by one point. :mad:

And then to see and hear the teeny bopper fans screech "Timmy!!!!!!" At the top of their lungs, they made me sick :rolleyes:.

Their modus operandi during that time was to take one or two of our Mosquito Fleet out on a stretcher (usually Marcou and Glasscott) and snipe and thuggerize their way to a win (what else would a Kevin Sheedy coached side do).

Then came 1993 where they again cheated there way to a Grand FinaL and thuggerized there way to a win courtesy of a cheating goal umpire (Silvagnis fingers still bear the scars) and Dean Wallis dropping Mil Hanna. :mad:

1999 Preliminary Final was good but it's not enough - it's going to get ugly in the MCC Members reserve in round 23 when I start waving a wooden spoon around I can tell you. ;)

Yup, I remember that awful feeling of helplessness with Hanna laying sprawled on the deck and Michael Long running into an open goal to put them 50 points up. Just utter devastation. Will never forgive them!

Essendon streets ahead of any other club. So much to despise. A stain of a club and its supporters are largely as culpable as the muppet club itself.

Whilst I'd never wish a club to fold I do wish them eternal failure.

They should have been slapped harder for their druggery and shouldn't get 1 this year for being rubbish while their players are rubbed out for doping. End of round 1 at best (normal draft order from round 2 fine). Rewarding doping by a bunch of dopes.

Of course it includes their cheating in the 90s and 00s sanctioned by the filth that was the corrupt Evans brigade. It was befitting that it was an Evans who was part of the worst act by a club in the history of the game.

And it's Hird, and their (largely) brain dead supporter base, and just the stench altogether.

Richmond would be next. And any team the week we play them of course.

Back