Which club do you hate the most?

Which of these clubs do you hate the most?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How can anyone hate Geelong? They've provided us with so many great memories in the last 30 years.

Alternatively, I'm appauled by the lack of Carlton hatred. They spent 100+ years bending rules and spending money to buy premierships. Plus, they have flogged us more than anyone. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security now they are struggling.

Like he said. Geelong have provided years of entertainment and their supporters (at least the ones I know) are pretty decent. The club to hate the most just has to be Essendon. Even without the past history between the clubs, they're drug cheats, they tried their hardest to cover it up, fought in the courts, covered up, served kool aid to their supporters. They are a scum of a club.

Brendon Bolton is the problem. He makes Carlton likeable, which in itself is an amazing achievement...
Parkin was also problematic in this regard. On the Bolton matter though, look how they are treating him with the BS contract situation. Happy for Bolton he got a senior gig, but they are also going to destroy him in the future. Look how they treated Ratten.

I'm sure the answers in this thread are directly relational to the age of the person posting them.

I wouldn't be too sure of that HH. I have been following the Hawks forever, and my most despised club has changed many times in that period.
First there was Collingwood, who we could never beat. That hate now has turned to pity, as the once proud club has become a basket case, and doesn't look like returning to greatness any time soon.

I hated Carlton in the 60s and 70s, but now like Collingwood they have been down longer than a pr0n actress, so I pity them too. Really feel sorry for Bolts who has bitten off more than he could chew.

As for Essendon, trips to Windy Hill in the 50s is when I started to hate the Jabbers. It started with the way their supporters abused their team, and individuals, even when they were dishing out a belting to us.

Geelong, well I hate losing to them, but I respect what their club has achieved. And going back to the 50s, loved watching Peter Pianto and Neil Trezise, even though they carved us up.

Never really hated North Melbourne, as John Kennedy told me that our biggest rivalry was with the Kangaroos. One of my best friends followed North and we saw most games together.

Right now, it's Hird and the Jabbers who top the list, and don't look like losing their mantle for a long period of time, as they can't let go.

Brendon Bolton is the problem. He makes Carlton likeable, which in itself is an amazing achievement...
I wouldn't go that far...

Brendan Bolton remaining likeable despite being the coach of Carlton is the amazing achievement to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Funny I had Sydney as my original vote. Not even sure when that vote was made.

Quickly changed to Essendon.

Can't believe Hird is back writing for the Herald Sun like nothing dodgy has been going on these last 5 years.

I hate Essendon more than anyone.

Although interested to read how dodgy Geelong was during their premiership years....

People picking Sydney are the football fan equivalent of the 13 year old girl who has a different pop star on her wall every week. Entitled to an opinion, but that opinion must be given very minimal weight because it is based on virtually no depth of knowledge.

Spoken like someone who isn't unfortunate enough to be required to live in Sydney for their employment. You should see how some of the Swan flogs behave on public transport on the way to and from games. F**k the Swans, their supporters, and the horses they rode in on. Also spruiking their 'kulcha' for so many years while denying their status as the pet project of the AFL grinds my gears.

Never saw Collingwood in my lifetime in the same way older posters do, they've always been a nothing side with occasional moments of excellence no better than anyone else. Even Footscray have over time provided more trouble for the Hawks in my conscious footy watching span (late 1970's onwards), so it wasn't that much of a surprise for me when I found myself last night barracking for the harmless Magpies v the current overhyped opposition sensation from Melbourne's West...

I'm gonna get slaughtered for this, but here goes...

I don't hate Essendon.......... as much as the rest of you do. Please, let me explain!

My old man is a die hard Bomber supporter and has been for the better part of 80 years.
Luckily for me, my older brother was brought up through the 80's and saw the Hawks constantly winning everything, so he went for them and I followed suit as younger brothers often do. Unfortunately, the old man caught wind of this trend and was quick to indoctrinate my younger brother.

So my point is, our household has had plenty of entertaining moments during Hawks/Bombers games between the four of us over the years. Lots of arguments, cheering, booing and a little bit of laughter too. Great memories. Since then, it's fair to say that over the last 10 years the Hawks have spoiled me rotten, while my father's beloved Bombers have been.... well, rotten.

He's a fair bit older these days I'm not sure how much he still recalls of the '00 Premiership and I do wonder if he'll ever get to see another one. He does drink the Hird kool-aid though, and he does s**t me off to no end sometimes, so don't get me wrong, the Essendon hatred is still well and truly there. I'll also throw in that his favourite non-Bomber player is Roughead, and has been since about '07. He also reckons Daniher is a spud ;)

Essendon gave my uncle a send off at Windy Hill, scattering his ashes on the oval with a guard of honour from the players...

I have to really, REALLY try hard to shut this from my mind when occasions like tonight are on...must let the hatred flow unimpeded...

I wouldn't go that far...

Brendan Bolton remaining likeable despite being the coach of Carlton is the amazing achievement to me.
When I grew up watching Carlton, even as late as 2001, they always had heavyweight superstars, and at the start of most seasons would often look untouchable. They had John Elliott and any number of fat rich suits going "rah rah" and flicking wads of notes through their fingers in the grandstand, and their supporters were dickheads, a feral mix totally at odds with the apparent affluence of the suburb they claimed to represent. That obnoxiously big C logo sewn on the front, unchanged for 50 years...all of it shouted superiority, and it's no surprise that the weedy little CFC design they had for 15 years up until recently coincided with the most limp wristed, insipid era in their history...

These days they're a bunch of kids, their best players often maligned, their supporters sit through games grimacing quietly...even the logo, now back in all its glory, looks about as threatening as an ant raising its front legs to ward off an attacker, and we've racked up a winning streak against them about as long as the Age of Dinosaurs. They were harmless and less on the nose even before Hawthorn's greatest ever coach (on percentage!) came in to fix the joint...!

Given my age and location

1. Essendon - combined with the beatings, their supporters have always been the most feral. Add in the drugs and....
2. Port - sat through so many beatings against them (even our biggest ever win doesn't mask the pain.
3. Brisbane - see port
4. St Kilda - nothing worse than growing up a stones throw from Moorabbin oval, going to a school with 95% st Kilda fans, and your assistant principal being the mother of a st Kilda player. Add in their relative successful period coinciding with an already torturous childhood
5. Geelong - lots of respect for them, but so much hate too. Close losses dont help. Their supporters (not just on big footy) are more blinded than even Collingwood
6. Richmond - their fans make them unbearable

I hated Essendon even before I knew what football was. I was a little kid watching 'Sunnyside Up', a variety show hosted by racecaller Bill Collins, not the movie guy, with my mum before the 1965 Grand Final. I didn't know anything about football but I was upset that the cast sang only a few bars of the Saint's theme song but sang the whole Essendon song. This was unfair! I didn't realise that the Essendon theme was also the theme of 'Sunnyside Up' which is why they sang it with gusto. I've loathed them ever since. Geelong I can't even talk about. My hatred for the handbaggers is psychopathic.

Funny I had Sydney as my original vote. Not even sure when that vote was made.

Quickly changed to Essendon.

Can't believe Hird is back writing for the Herald Sun like nothing dodgy has been going on these last 5 years.

I hate Essendon more than anyone.

Although interested to read how dodgy Geelong was during their premiership years....
I had Swans as mine but then last year found myself completely enjoying watching them destroy the Cats on two occasions. Realised my Cat hatred is stronger

Back