Which club do you hate the most?

• Total voters

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Was just a Club being made an example of to scare off others, but it got out of control. Yes, Dons are guilty. Don't dare dig too deeply with other clubs. Some players elsewhere have even admitted playing under various 'influences'.
Correct. Whether they were actually guilty is something we will likely never know for sure. What is sure though is Essendon were certainly not the only club pushing the boundaries of sports science and using supplements and injecting programs in various ways. That is not in dispute and there are countless players, officials and executives who have collectively gone to ground discretely ever since. And that’s where it will stay forever and for everyone’s sake not go any further (hopefully).

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Correct. Whether they were actually guilty is something we will likely never know for sure. What is sure though is Essendon were certainly not the only club pushing the boundaries of sports science and using supplements and injecting programs in various ways. That is not in dispute and there are countless players, officials and executives who have collectively gone to ground discretely ever since. And that’s where it will stay forever and for everyone’s sake not go any further (hopefully).

Essendon are very unlikeable for things outside the drugs drama. If people are pinning their hatred of Essendon solely on the drugs stuff, they should exponentionally hate Geelong who got 3 flags out of the same doping regime.

Demon13304

Club Legend
Feb 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
You miss the point Einstein,it had nothing to do with being big or successful,it was in regards to mfc directly and yes we do have more supporters than melb,we had more members this year and will next year even after there flag........but who cares anyway,just a fact....
Lol I'd say it's about the same chief, we're both small clubs. 2019 we had a lot more members. And after better seasons (2019/2020), you had more members in 2020/2021 years. So it's fairly even

55k is a good number, but I guarantee we'll have more members than the Saints next year

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Port Power fans ..who under the hypnotic trance of their bald headed git of a President…are the laughing stock of the league with their devotion to the idea about wearing the Port Adelaide Magpies SANFL prison bar jumper in a league match.

I mean …how stupid can you be?
Dumb as a box of hammers.
The lot of you.

With such a good win/loss ratio against you I can't hate you, its more pity.

So what do you call a club that can't beat a laughing stock?
Irrelevant will do for now.

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Possibly tall poppy syndrome? Over half of the clubs haven't won a premiership in the past 17 years and the Cats have won three.

Will add to that us there has barely been a drop off, since 2011 the cats have only missed finals once? 2015 I can only think of. Personally I find the playing group dislikable where I actually liked them at their peak in 07 to 11

Apr 29, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Never knew the cats were so hated? Why?

You're kidding?

You've got the worst stager whose ever lived in Selwood, who is somehow captain and then you've got Dangerfield who is just a flog and then Chris Scott has the maturity of a 13 year old who can't keep his emotions in check in press conferences or general interviews. He is so smug.

Some of the things he's said in post match pressers have been mean spirited as well and got unnecessarily personal towards others.

Shooter#17

Team Captain
May 9, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees, KC Chiefs
Came here to vote the bombers but didn't expect to see them so far ahead in the poll.
I must say its impressive from them and blues to be hated so much even after being putrid for almost 2 decades.

avignon

Senior List
Oct 8, 2004
Other Teams
ESSENDON
Came here to vote the bombers but didn't expect to see them so far ahead in the poll.
I must say its impressive from them and blues to be hated so much even after being putrid for almost 2 decades.

What do you call putrid?

Stinking it up for 19 years and successful in 1 year or medicore for all 20: seems about equal to me.

In 2004 I started experiencing my first real hatred of a club; Geelong. The Saints and Cats had a great rivalry as both teams climbed the ladder.

That was put to bed after the 2009 GF when the Cats proved they were the better team with a 2nd flag.

Going into 2010 I absolutely hated Collingwood. Almost entirely because of the Luke Ball saga. They won a flag though so fine. I move on.

Now it's the Bulldogs. The other team stuck on 1 flag. Both of us are going through rebuilds with new coaches. Race is on for flag #2. Dogs sack their coach and trade out Cooney, Higgins and their captain in Ryan Griffen. HAHA They are stuffed!! They win the 2016 flag.

Well now it's time to hate Melbourne. We have the wood over them at Marvel too. Longest flag drought in the comp. Long may it reign. I hope we belt them every time we match up! What do you mean they dominated 2021 and won the flag by 12 goals? How can I hate them now?

So to answer the question: St Kilda. I ******* HATE St Kilda for everything they've put me through. Piss-ant club will never achieve anything in my lifetime. Losers.

Cool Kangas

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 2, 2010
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lol I'd say it's about the same chief, we're both small clubs. 2019 we had a lot more members. And after better seasons (2019/2020), you had more members in 2020/2021 years. So it's fairly even

55k is a good number, but I guarantee we'll have more members than the Saints next year
I don’t actually think Melbourne is such a small club.

Back