Hawthorn
tom hardy bane GIF
Jobe Watson circa 2012 colorized*

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
changed my vote from Hawthorn to Richmond. Hawthorn was always a competative rivalry and some epic storylines, Richmond it's just because the supporters are animals.

I think the same of you guys. The amount of bullshit you guys use to cover up your clubs failures is incredible. Absolutely living in denial.

I think the same of you guys. The amount of bullshit you guys use to cover up your clubs failures is incredible. Absolutely living in denial.
i-rest-my-case-seth-meyers.gif

Jackington

Back Flank Battler
Sep 23, 2021
State of Constant Anxiety
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
East Fremantle
This is such a funny poll to me, because, other than outliers like Port who people hate because of Koshie and the prison bars etc, it's just "high membership teams who win a lot"

1. Essendon: #4 in membership, #1 in total premierships, #5 in AFL era premierships
2. Geelong: #7 in membership, #3 in AFL era premierships, # 7 in total premierships
3. Carlton: #5 in membership, #1 in total premierships, #11 in AFL era premierships
4. Richmond: #2 in membership, #6 in total premierships, #3 in AFL era premierships
5. Collingwood: #3 in membership, #3 in total premierships, #5 in AFL era premierships
6. Hawthorn: #6 in membership, #4 in total premierships, #1 in AFL era premierships
7. West Coast: #1 in membership, #2 in AFL era permierships

It's literally just the seven most followed teams, five of the six most total premierships and four of the top five AFL era premierships - with West Coast only so low because most people on this site are from Victoria.

People hate good teams with lots of fans. Pretty simple.

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
This is such a funny poll to me, because, other than outliers like Port who people hate because of Koshie and the prison bars etc, it's just "high membership teams who win a lot"

1. Essendon: #4 in membership, #1 in total premierships, #5 in AFL era premierships
2. Geelong: #7 in membership, #3 in AFL era premierships, # 7 in total premierships
3. Carlton: #5 in membership, #1 in total premierships, #11 in AFL era premierships
4. Richmond: #2 in membership, #6 in total premierships, #3 in AFL era premierships
5. Collingwood: #3 in membership, #3 in total premierships, #5 in AFL era premierships
6. Hawthorn: #6 in membership, #4 in total premierships, #1 in AFL era premierships

It's literally just the seven most followed teams, five of the six most total premierships and four of the top five AFL era premierships - with West Coast only so low because most people on this site are from Victoria.

Solid misread

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond

Tigers number 6 for total premierships.

You really do hate us to be telling lies like that. 😂

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Solid misread

Is it though? I agree with you mostly that it is probably a misread but shouldn’t we hate the clubs that get spoonfed and/or gifted flags more? Teams that ruin highly rated kids?

Like a Melbourne gifted everything before finally getting a flag. But ruined so many promising careers.

North? Wasting our time.

Gold Coast and GWS who are absolutely nothing clubs and compromised the draft for years.

Saints for being so broke, having a horrid history.

If these sides didn’t exist or at least run decently, would the competition be far healthier?

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Is it though? I agree with you mostly that it is probably a misread but shouldn’t we hate the clubs that get spoonfed and/or gifted flags more? Teams that ruin highly rated kids?

Like a Melbourne gifted everything before finally getting a flag. But ruined so many promising careers.

North? Wasting our time.

Gold Coast and GWS who are absolutely nothing clubs and compromised the draft for years.

Saints for being so broke, having a horrid history.

If these sides didn’t exist or at least run decently, would the competition be far healthier?
Essendon are hated for the drugs scandal first and foremost. Fans being delusional w***ers comes a distant second. Success, historical (certainly not recent) doesn't really even feature.

Carlton are hated for their systemic salary cap cheating first and foremost. Fans being delusional w***ers comes a distant second. Success, historical (certainly not recent) doesn't really even feature.

Geelong are hated for getting away scott free from the drugs scandal. Chris Scott and array of completely unlikeable players a distant second.

If success, both recent and historical are such big factors, why are both Hawthorn and Richmond so far down the list? Because Hawthorn having Matt Stevic as their 23rd man and Richmond using the corrupt MCG deal so well to their advantage and their supporters being absolute fukwits doesn't get close to drug or salary cap cheating in the eyes of the football public.

Collingwood, who VFL folklore and the media keep peddling as the most hated club in the world don't even get close to the other 3 despite having the biggest piece of human refuse as their President for 20 years. Why? Because cheating, either through a drugs programme or salary cap rorts is considered a far greater misdemeanour in the eyes of the general public.

People don't like blatant cheating and this is what these results reflect.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Carlton and Essendon equal first. Club and fans in both cases. Yes, because of the cheating and arrogance. God I've enjoyed the last 20 years from that perspective at least. May their dreams and petty advances continue to amount to zilch.

Used to hate North when they were a joyless agro bunch of rugby looking pricks but they're just a disparite mish mash now.

I once despised how s**t the Bulldogs, Tigers and Demons were, until they all overtook my team. (Saints) The Tigers are the most tolerable of the Big Four clubs, and have to respect the achievements of the current mob, and envy and respect the systems at the Cats, Swans and Tigers.

Don't really hate Crows, Cats or Pies like a lot of Saints fans do, but don't have a lot of love for the Hawks or their fans. None of the interstate teams upset me, but then I've never watched footy in those states.

If you asked me who I hate more out of Essendon and Carlton, it require more reflection than I am prepared to spend on either club, and the answer would change with the day. A pox on both.

1656029677289.jpeg

Can't believe Geelong is more hated than us, we really need to start winning more...
Or run a drug program. Has worked wonders for us in the hatred stakes.

uranium_death

All Australian
May 3, 2004
AFL Club
Geelong
I dislike Geelong, but I generally respect the way the club is run and their recent success/prolonged run at the top.

I hate Essendon, and I have absolutely no respect for the club.

As a Geelong supporter, I feel the same way about Hawthorn. Clearly the most successful club on-field over the past 60 years - without peer
5 flags in AFL era, and all 13 flags over 60 years (or at the time, 55).

I actually dislike Sam Mitchell more than almost anybody that ever played the game. James Hird wouldn't be far behind - and that was before the drug saga...

Oh, and I hate "Essedon" as well ;)

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of those voting for Geelong are Richmond supporters. It's bizarre!

Tell me about it, they are still blaming Steve Hocking and Geelong for ending the Tigers premiership run lol

RiskingHead

Premium Platinum
Aug 2, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
If success, both recent and historical are such big factors, why are both Hawthorn and Richmond so far down the list? Because Hawthorn having Matt Stevic as their 23rd man and Richmond using the corrupt MCG deal so well to their advantage and their supporters being absolute fukwits doesn't get close to drug or salary cap cheating in the eyes of the football public.

Relative fukwits. Have to leave room on the fukwit scale for Port supporters

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
As a Geelong supporter, I feel the way about Hawthorn. Clearly the most successful club on-field over the past 60 years - without peer
5 flags in AFL era, and all 13 flags over 60 years (or at the time, 55).

I actually dislike Sam Mitchell than almost anybody that ever played the game. James Hird wouldn't be far behind - and that was before the drug saga...

Oh, and I hate "Essedon" as well ;)
Yes indeedy, Sam Mitchell is a grubby, sniping flog of the highest order!

Back