Play Nice Which club has the biggest supporter base? Collingwood, Richmond or West Coast?

Which club has the biggest supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast are the Man City of the AFL. Lots of money, but a soulless franchise club with no history.

Richmond and Collingwood are the Liverpool and Man United of the AFL. The true powerhouses with prestige, history and tradition.

As for supporter bases, my guess is Richmond, but who knows? West Coast occupy a whole state with only one other club. Their geographical position is another advantage WCE have in the AFL. Imagine if Richmond and Collingwood were the only two clubs in Victoria. Wowee.

Most people in Manchester itself support City. A club founded in 1880.

United, founded in 1878, isn't even based in Manchester is universally known as the club dilettante wannabes claim to support.

Roy Keane himself spoke about this in scathing terms.

Remarkably poor example.

Collingwood as Liverpool works perfectly though.

United, founded in 1878, isn't even based in Manchester is universally known as the club dilettante wannabes claim to support.

Remarkably poor example.

Just like AFL, when it comes to soccer Fila is just a fair weather, band wagoner who doesn't actually know what he is talking about.

Remarkably poor example.

You’re looking too much into it. The comparisons are there. And I think we can all agree that North are Sunderland.

Cheers

Just like AFL, when it comes to soccer Fila is just a fair weather, band wagoner who doesn't actually know what he is talking about.

Collingwood is the biggest Melbourhne club and West Coast the biggest club outside of Melbourne and probably the "biggest" overall, but Collingwood is more powerful.

No way Collingwood would get relocated interstate for any reason, unless Eddie say MASSIVE dollars in it.

You’re looking too much into it. The comparisons are there. And I think we can all agree that North are Sunderland.

Cheers

"You're looking too much into it".

LOL - yeah, providing actual facts.

You think City only began when they were Abu Dhabi bought them?

Cheers

When you say looking too much in it, what you really mean is he was able to expose your lack of knowledge for what it is, an out and out lie by a guy who doesn't have a clue.

When you say looking too much in it, what you really mean is he was able to expose your lack of knowledge for what it is, an out and out lie by a guy who doesn't have a clue.

Of course the dig at North had to come, as is mandatory with Richmond supporters who have the most bizarre insecurity about us.

One that West Coast and Collingwood lack interestingly.

Here we go, more excuses from a Richmond supporter to justify their poor crowd numbers vs teams from outside Melbourne.

Last I checked, Marvel held 54K and yet Richmond only got 40K to their game their agains the swans. This from a club that purports to have the best and biggest membership base.

If Richmond was such a huge drawcard, they would be able to average 50K+ crowds against interstate teams like West Coast do. Instead, Tigers have to rely on the fans of opposing teams to turn up and boost their numbers.

Can't wait to see Richmond's "fans"jump off the Tiger train in 2021 now that crowds aren't allowed.

This is the same group of fans who spit on their own coach and deliver chicken manure to their clubs door step.

Fair weather fans, and bandwagoners.
Except Richmond has the record for attendance in a wooden spoon year.
Don't you just hate it when basic facts make you look the fool?

Except Richmond has the record for attendance in a wooden spoon year.
Don't you just hate it when basic facts make you look the fool?

If you actually thought that through, you might have thought twice before posting it.

That actually backs up my argument that Richmond benefit from opposition Victorian teams attending Richmond home games, and bumping up Richmonds' attendance figures for home games.

Nice self dick punch, mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood is the biggest Melbourhne club and West Coast the biggest club outside of Melbourne and probably the "biggest" overall, but Collingwood is more powerful.

No way Collingwood would get relocated interstate for any reason, unless Eddie say MASSIVE dollars in it.

you're confusing powerful with endless whinging and the VFL just pandering to it

Richmond v GWS played Sunday 1.10pm
West Coast v GWS Saturday 5.10pm(Prime time)

Richmond v Port played Saturday 1.45pm

West Coast v Port played Friday Night 6.10pm (Prime time)

got any more games you want to Cherry-pick and compare that have west coast in a prime time spot v Richmond in non prime time spot

no s**t the games had less people attend

only a minnow club would use pathetic excuses like timeslots

the Eagles could play at midnight, mid week and still draw over 50k

I think you’re the silly one for expecting a PL/AFL club comparison to align in every single way. I explained the similarities and my point was clearly made (and to no surprise, was not countered). The North supporter is pedantically fault-finding because he has small club syndrome.

As for you, I don’t recall ever engaging with you, but I have obviously struck a nerve somewhere along the line. That’s generally what happens when uncomfortable truths are told. You also seem to be under the impression I give a s**t what you think. I don’t.

Cheers

If you actually thought that through, you might have thought twice before posting it.

That actually backs up my argument that Richmond benefit from opposition Victorian teams attending Richmond home games, and bumping up Richmonds' attendance figures for home games.

Nice self dick punch, mate.
It actually means that in a wooden spoon year, Richmond draws bigger crowds than anyone else in the comp, indicating that Richmond has a big support base, no matter how s**t we are.
Also Richmond holds the H&A Victorian record for home ground attendance vs an interstate club. Richmond also holds the record for attendance at a final against an interstate club. That was against GWS which has the 2nd smallest supporter base in the AFL. But there I go again, destroying you with basic facts. Sorry mate.

It must have really scared you when I pointed and laughed at you for punching yourself in the dick a few weeks ago. You still haven't got over it. I hope you get well soon :heart:

People forget what Richmond were like pre-2017.

On a national scale, it's:
Collingwood
West Coast
Richmond

On wealth, West Coast trumps both.

Pre-2017, no one would argue that Richmond had more support than even Essendon. I doubt a premiership boost can leap them over Collingwood and West Coast.
Richmond's failures from 1980-2017 has impacted their national support. Success in this era was crucial during the formative years of a national competition. While they clearly have a lot of supporters in Melbourne, Richmond are still relatively small outside of Victoria. Victorian clubs like Essendon and Carlton have more support outside of Victoria than Richmond, with Victorian support being relatively comparative.

Collingwood is the biggest club because they have the most support inside and outside of Victoria. West Coast is second because they basically have a whole state to themselves.
Victorian support is still mostly divided between Collingwood, Richmond, Essendon, Carlton and Hawthorn.

Since both West Coast and Richmond have a relatively small presence outside of their home state, there's no doubt that West Coast has more support in WA than Richmond in Victoria.

It actually means that in a wooden spoon year, Richmond draws bigger crowds than anyone else in the comp, indicating that Richmond has a big support base, no matter how s**t we are.
Also Richmond holds the H&A Victorian record for home ground attendance vs an interstate club. Richmond also holds the record for attendance at a final against an interstate club. That was against GWS which has the 2nd smallest supporter base in the AFL. But there I go again, destroying you with basic facts. Sorry mate.

It must have really scared you when I pointed and laughed at you for punching yourself in the dick a few weeks ago. You still haven't got over it. I hope you get well soon :heart:

Yet you don't hold all time attendance record (Carlton v Collingwood) or even the attendance record for the modern era (West Coast v Collingwood).

It must suck to be in Collingwood's shadow since they put you in the bin 30 years ago.

It must suck to be in Collingwood's shadow since they put you in the bin 30 years ago.
Ummm. 30 years ago Richmond defeated Collingwood in what was at that time the biggest grand final thrashing in VFL history.
You and reality appear to be mortal enemies.

Yet you don't hold all time attendance record (Carlton v Collingwood) or even the attendance record for the modern era (West Coast v Collingwood).
So by your own argument you are accusing them of having the biggest bandwagon.
I do agree with you though that every club, even Richmond, has an element of bandwagon support. But we attracted around 90k members in 2017 after 37 years in the wilderness. Months before we won an unexpected premiership.
Sorry for resorting to using facts again.

Ummm. 30 years ago Richmond defeated Collingwood in what was at that time the biggest grand final thrashing in VFL history.
You and reality appear to be mortal enemies.

Once again, you punch yourself in the dick.

You're getting good at that.

30 years ago, your club was rattling tins, about to get kicked out of the competition.

Collingwood put in the bin during the the trade wars and left your club on life support, then sent you a cheque for 10K.

Power move by Collingwood.

1980 GF was 40 years ago. And in those 40 years between now and then, Richmond have 3 flags and 9 finals appearances. Hardly stats that back up the claim that Richmond are the biggest club in the land.

"You're looking too much into it".

LOL - yeah, providing actual facts.

You think City only began when they were Abu Dhabi bought them?
You should mention that City are a club based in England while WCE are a club based in Australia to call out my comparison even further. That’s the pedantic fault-finding game you’re playing and it’s completely lost on me.

Small club syndrome at play here.

Back