Play Nice Which club has the biggest supporter base? Collingwood, Richmond or West Coast?

Which club has the biggest supporter base?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowds are dependent on form though, which isn't great either. Carlton's crowds would explode if they stopped being sh*t for decades on end.
Of course that's definitely true. I don't think there is a major gap between us three clubs. The Saints fans on here seem to think so, though..

I remember our two clubs were drawing 40,000+ against each other quite regularly only a few years ago.

Last edited:
[QUOT

You’d hope to be bigger in Qld. You were playing home games there not that long ago and looking at relocating there altogether at one stage.

In other years we’ve had the handicap of a 45,000 capacity stadium to sell to our supporters

and still buried you financially

without pokies or pet memberships
Exactly the facts. 👍

[QUOT

You’d hope to be bigger in Qld. You were playing home games there not that long ago and looking at relocating there altogether at one stage.

In other years we’ve had the handicap of a 45,000 capacity stadium to sell to our supporters

and still buried you financially

without pokies or pet memberships

Lmao, its like if I said eagles don't make the most profits in the AFL which I know they do. I am more than happy to debate but once the lies come in I draw the line. Richmond was NEVER EVER relocating or thinking of relocating, PLEASE STOP TROLLING
Lmao, one game a year for 2-3 years and when was that 5+ years ago, talk about grasping at straws but hey whatever rocks your boat.

Finallaclly we are more than fine. Last year we topped revenue and the year before we would've also but eagles got a gov hand out of 13.7 mill which lifted you guys from about 89 mil to $102,473,909 ...Tiges revenue was $92.6 million

Just on pokies, we make stuff all from pokies after Brice Mathieson took them off us and handed them to Carlton
2020 Gaming and hospitality (4,014,623),.
Pet memberships oh geez yeah man the 3.9 mill memberships we sell at 2,000 a pop generates revenues unheard of in the AFL :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lmao, its like if I said eagles don't make the most profits in the AFL which I know they do. I am more than happy to debate but once the lies come in I draw the line. Richmond was NEVER EVER relocating or thinking of relocating, PLEASE STOP TROLLING
Lmao, one game a year for 2-3 years and when was that 5+ years ago, talk about grasping at straws but hey whatever rocks your boat.

Finallaclly we are more than fine. Last year we topped revenue and the year before we would've also but eagles got a gov hand out of 13.7 mill which lifted you guys from about 89 mil to $102,473,909 ...Tiges revenue was $92.6 million

Just on pokies, we make stuff all from pokies after Brice Mathieson took them off us and handed them to Carlton
Pet memberships oh geez yeah man the 3.9 mill memberships we sell at 2,000 a pop generates revenues unheard of in the AFL :rolleyes:
All this stuff you say you’re not worried about but your post is littered with excuses and patting yourself on the back?

Why you so insecure about it?

Not to blow smoke up West Costs arse, but pretty much all their revenue is football related. 10s of millions of Richmonds revenue comes from side businesses like gymnasiums. They really are incomparible and West Coast dwarf every other club in revenue derived from its core business, football. They dont have or need any side hustles. People in their Melbourne bubble just don't comprehend what a behemoth West Coast are.

We are talking about supporter bases, not memberships and crowd attendances.

Less supporters than Richmond in Victoria and West Coast in Perth but you have a ******* lot interstate and lots of casual fans.

Yeah I know we're talking fan base, IMO it's a myth that the pies a fan base that's close to the other big clubs. Sure the club has the highest profile, which is a mystery in itself but it ain't the biggest IMO.

Finallaclly we are more than fine. Last year we topped revenue and the year before we would've also but eagles got a gov hand out of 13.7 mill which lifted you guys from about 89 mil to $102,473,909 ...Tige had 92 mill turnover.

If you have a look at the financials thread, West Coast turned over almost 3 mill more than Richmond before the grant. That’s with you guys being the only club to include merchandise sales in your revenue figure

Go back a few seasons before the bandwagon rocked up and West Coast was turning over 10 - 20 mill more than Richmond every year, without the aid of any pokie revenue, while you were playing home games in Queensland.

youre about the 4th biggest club in Melbourne and just riding a wave atm, once it crashes you’ll go back to sitting behind Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton

Not to blow smoke up West Costs arse, but pretty much all their revenue is football related. 10s of millions of Richmonds revenue comes from side businesses like gymnasiums. They really are incomparible and West Coast dwarf every other club in revenue derived from its core business, football. They dont have or need any side hustles. People in their Melbourne bubble just don't comprehend what a behemoth West Coast are.
I seriously don’t understand why they refuse to accept facts like this. The old myth of the VFL “big 4” is a complete fallacy in today’s world of a national competition.
Sure they were big in Victoria but now they’ve hit their ceiling since it became the AFL.

We have money to burn and so much more room for growth it’s not funny.

Strange that it’s only Richmond flogs who need to deny this due to their cute little purple patch of success after 4 decades in the wilderness. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Even the most vocal Carlton supporter isn’t as arrogant as these amoebas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought this thread is about supporter base.

I thought this thread is about supporter base.
You thought right. We are a superstar in this league so it’s fair enough people want to support, be involved with and pay to watch our mighty club. 👍👍

2 years ago you flogs were singing from the rooftops about how huge you were after a cute little run but now it’s suddenly, “oh but but but they have a whole state”.

You thought right. We are a superstar in this league so it’s fair enough people want to support, be involved with and pay to watch our mighty club. 👍👍

2 years ago you flogs were singing from the rooftops about how huge you were after a cute little run but now it’s suddenly, “oh but but but they have a whole state”.
Off track again. Whatever makes your little heart happy. Go and do some research on the RFC if you desire to be enlightened. Spent enough of my time with a dumb campaigner.

Why is it surprising or noteworthy that West Coast has slightly more members?

You'd think it would be quite embarrassing if they were outnumbered by a team that has to compete with 9 other clubs for support.

You'd think it would be quite embarrassing if they were outnumbered by a team that has to compete with 9 other clubs for support.
Freo should be ashamed of themselves

This is why West Coast are the biggest club in the league and it ain't even close. They exist in a Footy mad city/state a third the size of Melbourne but crucially with only 1 real competitor. A competitor the size of say Hawthorn. They are the kings and darlings of the West Australian media, business community and community at large. They are vaunted and protected. They don't need favourable treatment from the AFL, the Victorian media, schedule them on a Sunday against Gold Coast, it doesn't matter. They want for nothing and never will.

Don’t use other VFL clubs to make your argument mate, you already folded Fitzroy for your benefit and survived on our joining fees.
Stand up for yourself ffs.
We know the Eagles have hit 100,000.. Do we have an actual figure?
Latest figure we have is in the post. Figures might change slightly but I’ll guarantee club standings on that ladder will not. 👍

Back