Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Our tripe anal and table cloth where horrendous going back to the wings with the golden, navy blue and traditional colours is the best thing the club has done in years

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Gold Coast, Adelaide, GWS, Bulldogs, Geelong, Brisbane and West Coast

Take your pick. Too much happening on these and I hate hoops.

All could be made simpler, as was Port and Freo when they were changed for the better.

Feb 21, 2007
Behind the Bar
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Brom,
That Port one which was predominantly white with teal ribbons and streamers on it was awful (special mention to the thunderbolt).
The Giants would look better if it were tri-panels of their colours. Ditch the massive G on it.
I am sure there is a good guernsey in the Gold Coast colour scheme.

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
852797B1-2D7C-4996-80B6-5CE8BD9A8CC9.jpeg

Someone on here designed this set for gold coast. I love them. Traditional hoop design.

Unfortunate autocorrect

Likely a deliberate spelling, 'tripe anal' is a common in-joke on the Eagles board about that monstrosity.

We've had some shockers (ochre, anyone?), so I am glad that the wings were returned and we won the flag in them.

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt
THe colour combos of the Queensland teams don't work for me.

Maroon looks great on Qld league team, but the Lions jumpers looks terrible with that dopey lion logo. The old Roys jumper was a classic.

Two primary colours on the Suns jumper -- I don't think so.

GWS jumper works aesthetically but charcoal and iridescent orange are a little boutique for the brand.

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
This poll does not lie.
Gold Coast is simply the worst jersey, probably in all of Australian sports with Hawthorn's ugly brown and gold the only other jersey in serious contention.
Surprised to see Port with 18 votes ... while I have a bias for Richmond's jersey, I think Port is right up there as the best.
Mind you, the Tigers' clash jersey is a disgrace ... and to think we won a grand final in it!

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
This poll does not lie.
Gold Coast is simply the worst jersey, probably in all of Australian sports with Hawthorn's ugly brown and gold the only other jersey in serious contention.
Surprised to see Port with 18 votes ... while I have a bias for Richmond's jersey, I think Port is right up there as the best.
Mind you, the Tigers' clash jersey is a disgrace ... and to think we won a grand final in it!
I think the problem with Ports guernsey is the same as the name Power. It just doesn't feel right for a club with a lot of tradition that should be known as the Magpies and play in prison bars.

I get the politics and that they had to give it up to get a gig in the AFL, but it's almost like the club didn't care when they couldn't have have what would have been right.

Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
I think the problem with Ports guernsey is the same as the name Power. It just doesn't feel right for a club with a lot of tradition that should be known as the Magpies and play in prison bars.

I get the politics and that they had to give it up to get a gig in the AFL, but it's almost like the club didn't care when they couldn't have have what would have been right.

Can't argue with that, though I am a big fan of the teal component, which obviously would sit better as a new, not existing club steeped in history.
The prison bar look would have been great.

JimmyBeerCans

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
May 6, 2013
Hell
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Can't argue with that, though I am a big fan of the teal component, which obviously would sit better as a new, not existing club steeped in history.
The prison bar look would have been great.
The Power thing reeks of the 90's as did the first guernsey.. it was the 90's and hammer time you get the drift.

Back