Which club has the worst guernsey?

Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters
The Bulldogs' strip tops Carlton's blue M&M's jumper for selling the club's soul.

Gold .... I couldn't remember it was M&Ms that Carlton used to make themselves a laughing stock. I knew it could not be Smarties.

The two jumpers are in second and third place on the podium of all time worst sponsorship arrangements.

Occupying the top of the podium, was Gary Hocking's decision to change his name to Whiskas for a week.

Black Stripe

Yellow Paint
Feb 15, 2019
Liverpool
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Oklahoma City and Sydney Thunder
Yes Hawthorn, a great club with terrible colours. Every time I saw them I use to think of my mums old kitchen built in 1970. Horrid old smudgy brown & yellow benches. Finally got it ripped out last year. Its tough, you really cant do much with brown & yellow. Maybe add a lot of white?

Adelaide have good colours to work with, but gave us that horrid hooped thing. They really could have done a lot better. The SA state jumper was brilliant IMO.

Brown and yellow reminding you of mum's kitchen is a new one.

I've always associated the colours brown and yellow with the contents of a toilet bowl.

Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers
Always thought this was an abomination...

1552583208232.png

Just like 2016, we have come from absolute outsiders to take the top spot....

No, the Hawks harlequin jumper still reigns supreme, but it was a truly inspired challenge.

I get the feeling that the AFLs deal with Marvel over the stadium included something like this...They tried to get it through with AFLW, but the outcry made them step back, so now they're trying to do it again using WB as a proxy (doubtless with some inducements).

Hawthirb obviously. Who wants to rep a septic tank as a guernsey?

Then again, it’s an accurate representation...

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Port in silver is fine, brings back our 4th colour, we keep our original layout and just alternate colours around. I like it. Whites probably the better though.

Atleast our alternate keeps the same design. Like Freo which I really like.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
View attachment 618488
Someone on here designed this set for gold coast. I love them. Traditional hoop design.

They're beautiful, especially the yellow and the white versions. Not try hard 'traditional', like "let's just pick two colours and do vertical stripes, a sash, or a yoke and people may say it's boring, but at least they can't say we look ridiculous", but not something completely off the wall either.

The current one looks like a generic training-style guernsey that for some reason no-one has thought to spruce up in 10-odd years.

I know it's a promo, but the Bulldogs one from Saturday night deserves a mention. Of course it looked awful, but beyond that, I just hate the thinking behind it. I'd stop just short of calling it a disgrace.

Aug 17, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
GWS the orange back just makes it too unbalanced. Charcoal back on the same jumper would be fine.

Disagree. The problem with guernseys in the AFL is that seemingly 75% of teams wear black at home (or a colour so dark, it may as well be black), so an expansion team comes along wanting to make a splash in a foreign market, with a colour that no other team uses in the AFL and you think the answer is to get rid of the orange and make them another 'blackish' team? Boooring.

Orange isn't everyone's cup of tea, but as far as I'm concerned, for better or worse, the Giants should own that colour, like the Storm does with purple, and put more of it on their home guernsey, not less.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
The first thing clubs should do when looking for a clash jumper is simply reverse their home one and see how that works.
Damn right. It's why I love ours, and it's also altered again for preseason.

Obviously some clubs wouldn't work well (Adelaide) or are just pointless (Geelong, Collingwood, North)

Magus

Cancelled
10k Posts Bring Back the Bars
Dec 31, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dallas Mavericks
I don't like guernseys that contain only primary colours.

Any team with black as the main focus is a winner imo.

Back