Which club has the worst guernsey?

Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Hawthorns is terrible. P & P seems to adequately describes it. Really not much you can do with Brown & yellow. Stripes make it even worse.

The Brown and Gold/Yellow combination isn't unique to Hawthorn in the sporting world.

The Boston Bruins rocked brown and gold before moving to more black and gold.

cut.jpg

The San Diego Padres seem to also have reverted back to their original Brown and Gold colours.

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F60edf5ff543f70c94adafa04%2FNew-York-Mets-v-San-Diego-Padres%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Our colours are what they are. As Don Scott said, "They're not the prettiest colours in the world, but they're our colours."

I think Hawthorns is terrible. P & P seems to adequately describes it. Really not much you can do with Brown & yellow. Stripes make it even worse.
That’s premiership Gold, friend.

GWS. A big G that looks like a motorbike helmet pushed to one side.

once you see orange giving grey a blowie it’s can’t be unseen. I think it actually represents greater Sydney surrounding the Sydney harbour precinct - obviously the swans domain

for afl footy, the diagonal stripe is a great configuration. But personally I like the v configuration of the aus jumper v Ireland best

Yes we both know how to entertain the masses when we come together. Kept footy interesting for a long time now while most teams just fap about. I love our guernsey it blends beautifully with premiership cups which it what it is all about after all. That cannot be argued.

Not to brag but the combination brown/gold and silver of the cup is lust-have fashion.

View attachment 618854
View attachment 618855
View attachment 618856

‘The overlap with the colours of the hawk is marketing symmetry before marketing was thought of. But originally it was the foliage of the suburb of hawthorn ‘mayblooms’

I’d like to see us also adopt the hawthorn bush in autumn which is a darker green with bright red berries. Like the rabitoos but select an exact colour combo which resonates and causes an optical throb to our opponents

They the big three of bad jumpers.

GC with a silly circle thing looks like pyjamas for toddlers.

GWS looks like an artist convention for artists who can’t paint or draw.

Hawthorn whilst classic stripes have bodily functions colours. Epic fail.

white and red are body fluids too

People: "Hawthorn have the worst colours and the ugliest guernsey"

Hawthorn: "O RLY?"

Cj2T37jWsAA3p1r.jpg

People:

giphy.gif
Genuinely unique jumper, and for that I liked it.

Also, as far as clubs that just swap out a color, our Turkish delight jumper was a doozy.

2E8BA7BA-4691-479F-96B1-67F1841E2074.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Home guernsey rankings.

Great:
1. West Coast (vibrant colours, unique template)
2. Sydney (same as above but slightly clunky)

3. Western Bulldogs (unique template but boring colours)
4. Geelong (same as above)
5. Brisbane (unique colours, decent design).

Adequate:
Roughly equal 6th - Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond (Boring templates that do the job).
- If there was only one sash team they'd join the top 5.
- Hawthorn with the unique colours probably edge out the other teams.
- Port Adelaide least preferred with terrible number plate.

Needs improvement:
14. St Kilda (front looks good but too imbalanced overall)
15. GWS (same as above)
16. Adelaide (good colours, way too busy)
17. Gold Coast (good colours, terrible design)
18. Carlton (zzz)

Home guernsey rankings.

Great:
1. West Coast (vibrant colours, unique template)
2. Sydney (same as above but slightly clunky)

3. Western Bulldogs (unique template but boring colours)
4. Geelong (same as above)
5. Brisbane (unique colours, decent design).

Adequate:
Roughly equal 6th - Collingwood, Essendon, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Melbourne, North Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond (Boring templates that do the job).
- If there was only one sash team they'd join the top 5.
- Hawthorn with the unique colours probably edge out the other teams.
- Port Adelaide least preferred with terrible number plate.

Needs improvement:
14. St Kilda (front looks good but too imbalanced overall)
15. GWS (same as above)
16. Adelaide (good colours, way too busy)
17. Gold Coast (good colours, terrible design)
18. Carlton (zzz)
Not a big fan of the traditional classics hey?

Apart from the Tigers, my faves are Carlton and Melbourne.

Understated classics.

Tier list - Guernseys (S being the cream, D being awful)

S Tier - Melbourne
A Tier - Bulldogs, Essendon, Richmond, West Coast, Sydney, Collingwood
B Tier - Fremantle, Port, Geelong, Brisbane,
C Tier - Adelaide, GWS, St Kilda, Carlton, North Melbourne
D Tier - Hawthorn, Gold Coast

Basically Melbourne look the best.

Not a big fan of the traditional classics hey?

Apart from the Tigers, my faves are Carlton and Melbourne.

Understated classics.
Excluding Carlton the others are perfectly fine but all a bit samey. If you love the Tigers uniform surely you love the Bombers uniform as well. Ditto for Collingwood and North Melbourne.

Edit: Also when these teams face each other it mostly looks s**t. Collingwood v Carlton is easily the worst looking matchup.

Hugh Greenwood votes Gold Coast

I don't know if that was a rhetorical question or not, but in case not, it was replaced to cover the western region of the the Western suburbs.
It seemed to be an attempt to try and pick up the Fitzroy supporters after their club ceased to exist. Not sure if many ex-Fitzroy supporters moved across, but marketing-wise it makes sense to try and cover the west.

Excluding Carlton the others are perfectly fine but all a bit samey. If you love the Tigers uniform surely you love the Bombers uniform as well. Ditto for Collingwood and North Melbourne.

Edit: Also when these teams face each other it mostly looks sh*t. Collingwood v Carlton is easily the worst looking matchup.
Yes, correct. The similar patterns don't bother me.

Back