Which club has the worst guernsey?

Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters
North's new away jumper is a shocker.
WTF
I mean, 10-15 years ago it'd blend in with half the s**t away strips in this league, but now?
That stands out like dogs balls.

I wouldn't be opposed to it as a training top. But an actual gameday strip?
That's embarrassing.

Agree that GWS wasn’t great but the new clash jumper has taken them from the shithouse to the penthouse jumperwise
It's so basic I think they're training tops.

Excluding Carlton the others are perfectly fine but all a bit samey. If you love the Tigers uniform surely you love the Bombers uniform as well. Ditto for Collingwood and North Melbourne.

Edit: Also when these teams face each other it mostly looks sh*t. Collingwood v Carlton is easily the worst looking matchup.
It's not just design, colour can come into it as well.

I like Essendon's guernsey more than Richmond's as I feel the Gold is too bold and makes it look a tad busier than the red on Essendon's
I like North's guernsey more than Collingwood's as the blue is nicer on the eyes than Black.
I like Sydney's guernsey more than Melbourne's as the red back isn't as dull as the navy blue back

I don't know if that was a rhetorical question or not, but in case not, it was replaced to cover the western region of the the Western suburbs.

All well and good, but for some reason they forgot that they're in a national competition.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
It seemed to be an attempt to try and pick up the Fitzroy supporters after their club ceased to exist. Not sure if many ex-Fitzroy supporters moved across, but marketing-wise it makes sense to try and cover the west.
Well the Lions were over the other side of the bridge and far from Footscray, was more to capture like you and i said, the whole western region

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Jumpers I hate:

Adelaide. Tigers have a jumper for 100 years. 70 odd years into that Crows come along with that abortion of a thing they wear. We play a Grand Final against them. We get told our jumpers clash, so WE need to wear something else. No more needs to be said.

Collingwood. I said on another thread their jumper looks like badgers are being battery farmed. Diabolical jumper.

Carlton. Basically looks like it is a designer brand rip off. Carlton can never be a designer brand.

Jumpers I like:

St Kilda. Despite looking vaguely like a tub of Peters Neapolitan ice-cream when you pull the lid off, it is appealing. Maybe that is why it is appealing. 😁

North Melbourne. Given the long history of criminals frequenting the club over the years, they must have stolen from somewhere, but it is good.

Fitzroy. Loved both the traditional maroon version and also the 70’s psychedelic colour version.

Richmond. Both the old wasp version and the current sash version just majestic.

Old VFA jumpers:

Preston - always think the majority red with some white looks good.

Oakleigh - Fremantle could learn a thing or two about how to use purple in a colour scheme from them.

Last edited:
how does that make it relevant? So that would be like saying then why West Coast Eagles too, anyway what has this to do with the thread topic?
The Eagles are at least on the west coast, the Bulldogs however are not a western team.

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought I remembered a story behind our ochre guernsey from 2000 and after looking at a map I think it's correct. It's based on the actual state of WA, "where the red desert meets the sea", it's even in the shape of it. You can see the thin light blue line represents the clear blue beach water then the dark blue being the ocean etc. A side by side with a map should make sense now. Now you know what they were thinking.

View attachment 1279144
I can't be the only one who liked that design with that colour scheme and the more traditional colour scheme with the same design?

Aug 7, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Portland Trail Blazers
Carlton's is boring as all hell. Gold Coast's isn't far behind. Essendon's all red guernsey from a couple of years ago was not great, either.

However, Hawthorn's guernsey is just revolting. Both the regular one and that horrid shimmering Power Ranger hue from a few years back - WTF were they thinking!?

Oh come on man, so the West Coast is an area, but the Western suburbs of Melbourne is not :oops:
The west coast is the west coast of Australia and there is no coast further west, the Western Bulldogs have five teams more west than them. They should have called themselves something like the GWM Bulldogs or just stuck with Footscray as it's not as if any other Melbourne team feels limited by their suburban monikers.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
The west coast is the west coast of Australia and there is no coast further west, the Western Bulldogs have five teams more west than them. They should have called themselves something like the GWM Bulldogs or just stuck with Footscray as it's not as if any other Melbourne team feels limited by their suburban monikers.
It’s western suburbs of Melbourne
For fcks sake

hiking

Rookie
Nov 13, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Why GWS hasn't gone the orange, charcoal, and white tricolour vertical style that looked great in early training outfits already, I'm not sure.

Personally, I actually like the thick horizontal tricolour as a design.

Back