Which club has the worst guernsey?

Which club's guernsey is the worst?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I pretty much dislike every non-Victorian guernsey except Sydney and Brisbane. And Hawthorn's is awful too. Could you pick a worse colour combo than poop and pee?

I pretty much dislike every non-Victorian guernsey except Sydney and Brisbane. And Hawthorn's is awful too. Could you pick a worse colour combo than poop and pee?
Yeah, I quite like Swans and Lions jumpers too. Lions jumper would be my favourite after Carlton, especially when it goes with the real maroon colour a few times a year.

Hawthorn's colours look good, pointing out the poo and wee thing is a funny primary school joke but it's still a good design.

Geelong's horizontal 'hoops' makes the players look 'frumpy'.
You can compare how Josh Caddy looks compared to in a Richmond jumper .

5uzdwy.jpg

5uzemr.jpg

What specifically is so bad about Gold Coast's jumper? Is it simply the colours, or the design?
I think the colours are phenomenal, it's just the design which looks a bit like a training uniform.

Personally, I'd lean more into having a predominantly yellow guernsey with the red shorts. That's at least link their colours back to the lifeguards their colours are based upon.

Western Bulldogs. Not the colours but the style. There's a sort of tube top look going on with the stripes just below the chest. Even the fittest players look a bit odd in it to me.

had a similar chat with mates some time ago, we actually like the WBD jumper... the use of common colours but designed in a different way makes it unique rather than ordinary. But it was the yellow Mission logo that killed it for us ... can't help but stare at it, completely overpowers and dominates the top

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WC had the worst during the Ken Judge years.

*shudders

2 years that every WC supporter has erased from memory. Seriously, wtf were they thinking?

West-Coast-Away-2000.gif
It honestly felt like watching a different club, especially given our onfield collapse.

Still Gold Coast to me. With the Metricon seats it is just too much, and the GC looks a bit sleaze-strip or some television promo logo.

Carlton were always a bit bland looking to me, especially with the mascot. It seemed grown up to support them as a kid getting into the game with all these other garish colours and cartoony mascots getting around. But they definitely have their own place, I respect how it sets itself apart with the plain dark colour, and with fitzroy gone the monogram is more unique too.

My high school colours were the same as Hawthorn, so I'm a bit more forgiving there, but yeah not my fave aesthetic.

Last edited:
Jumpers I hate:

Adelaide. Tigers have a jumper for 100 years. 70 odd years into that Crows come along with that abortion of a thing they wear. We play a Grand Final against them. We get told our jumpers clash, so WE need to wear something else. No more needs to be said.

Collingwood. I said on another thread their jumper looks like badgers are being battery farmed. Diabolical jumper.

Carlton. Basically looks like it is a designer brand rip off. Carlton can never be a designer brand.

Jumpers I like:

St Kilda. Despite looking vaguely like a tub of Peters Neapolitan ice-cream when you pull the lid off, it is appealing. Maybe that is why it is appealing. 😁

North Melbourne. Given the long history of criminals frequenting the club over the years, they must have stolen from somewhere, but it is good.

Fitzroy. Loved both the traditional maroon version and also the 70’s psychedelic colour version.

Richmond. Both the old wasp version and the current sash version just majestic.

Old VFA jumpers:

Preston - always think the majority red with some white looks good.

Oakleigh - Fremantle could learn a thing or two about how to use purple in a colour scheme from them.
You're Adelaide reasoning is pathetically ignorant.

Regarding logos of AFL clubs in general, why is that the animal mascots are predominantly of the heads of the animal? Crows, Hawks, Eagles, Swans of the feathered variety. Tigers, Lions, Cats, and Roos of the furred versions. Only Magpies have the entire animal. Bulldogs a little more than most of the others. Must be a creative design phase we're going through right now

With regard to the Adelaide, Hawthorn and West Coast, there is little difference between the 3 apart from colours. Whats the point?

The worst guernsey - what about those coloured shorts they brought in - in the 70s with the introduction of colour TV

Essendon and Footscray come to mind - they were revolting - talk about an overkill of colour - Yuuck

The worst guernsey - what about those coloured shorts they brought in - in the 70s with the introduction of colour TV

Essendon and Footscray come to mind - they were revolting - talk about an overkill of colour - Yuuck

I think Fitzroy went with the yellow emblem and shorts. Tigers might have had a crack at yellow shorts. Dees went from dark blue to royal blue including shorts. I didn’t mind the sudden splash of colour. It certainly made our Scanlons footy cards look a bit more interesting. 😁 Probably not great if permanent.

I am old enough to have played and watched in the era when all home teams wore black shorts and all away teams wore white shorts. The black shorts probably didn’t have much going for them for teams who didn’t have black in their jumper.

Your team finished below the Crows at end of minor round and were the away team in the GF.
Up to Richmond to come up with an away Guernsey, not the home team.
The fact this has to be spelt out to you says it all.

Got no problems if we play the Bombers in a GF for example and we need to wear our away strip. So I am with you there. But if the Crows jumper clashes with ours - and I believe it does, then:

A) Crows should not have been allowed to adopt the jumper in the first place, or

B) In the event of a clash in any game between the clubs the Crows should have to address the issue by wearing a jumper that doesn’t clash.

Do you think that is unreasonable? It certainly isn’t ignorant, but I think you wrote that due to misunderstanding my position.

Anyway, Tigers said they were happy to play in hessian sacks, our clash jumper looked great, and the day turned out alright for us. AND your team got to wear their copy-colour jumper, so we were all deliriously happy. 😁

Last edited:
I think Fitzroy went with the yellow emblem and shorts. Tigers might have had a crack at yellow shorts. Dees went from dark blue to royal blue including shorts. I didn’t mind the sudden splash of colour. It certainly made our Scanlons footy cards look a bit more interesting. 😁 Probably not great if permanent.

I am old enough to have played and watched in the era when all home teams wore black shorts and all away teams wore white shorts. The black shorts probably didn’t have much going for them for teams who didn’t have black in their jumper.

Part way through 1974 North started wearing blue home shorts. Colour TV came in in 1975 and coloured shorts became standard for teams that didn't wear black. Fitzroy's yellow shorts only lasted half a season, they wore them 6 times and then went back to white. Footscray in red was such an odd choice but it somehow stuck around until 1979.

It'd be nice if yellow was still an option for away shorts. It'd suit Richmond, Hawthorn and West Coast far better than white, and maybe the Suns might like to try it too. I personally don't think there's any reason for Essendon to wear white shorts either, they should be allowed to wear red if they so choose. The white away shorts policy often leads to matchups being more clashy than they would if both teams just wore the home shorts, it should be questioned the same way the black home shorts policy was in the 70s.

Got no problems if we play the Bombers in a GF for example and we need to wear our away strip. So I am with you there. But if the Crows jumper clashes with ours - and I believe it does, then:

A) Crows should not have been allowed to adopt the jumper in the first place, or

B) In the event of a clash in any game between the clubs the Crows should have to address the issue by wearing a jumper that doesn’t clash.

Do you think that is unreasonable? It certainly isn’t ignorant, but I think you wrote that due to misunderstanding my position.

Anyway, Tigers said they were happy to play in hessian sacks, our clash jumper looked great, and the day turned out alright for us. AND your team got to wear their copy-colour jumper, so we were all deliriously happy. 😁
Considering it's nigh on impossible for everyone to have a jumper that doesn't clash with any other jumper, and also that there is no reason why Adelaide should have to yield to Richmond like they're some sort of inferior club with an inferior jumper, then yes, it is completely unreasonable.

Back