Opinion Which club is Adelaide's biggest rival?

Adelaide's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Interesting to see which club Adelaide fans view as being their biggest rival and why.
It's Port and it always will be until one of us fold.

We will have rivalries that will come and go with other clubs but all fail in comparison to the utter disdain we all have for Port and that's reciprocal, they may even hate us more than we hate them due to small brother syndrome.

Some people's hate steams from SANFL and back stabbing others their pathetic spin and beating of their chest anytime anything good happens to them and bad things happen to us. Their stupid creed that no longer holds any relevance in the AFL and constant talk about "existing to win premierships", est. 1870 and playing the "Port Adelaide way"

The digs and jabs that Kochie and KT seem to throw at us to make themselves feel better, not one Adelaide Crows fan is jealous of anything Port has done even though they all seem to think we should be. They are just obsessed with proving themselves as a big club when they are just a money drain on the AFL , they'll be a mid sized club forever and it burns them so deep when they use to be the big fish in the small pond and now they're just some European Carp in a big dam.

Last edited:

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Speechless
AgonizingTanFowl-max-1mb.gif

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
The obvious answer is Port.

Now, if you framed it as, Port aside, who is the clubs greatest rival? Then it would be more interesting.

I don’t think there is one, and I think that’s actually a sad indictment on our club’s ability to be hated.

Nobody hates us because we’re not a threat to anybody.

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I don’t think there is one, and I think that’s actually a sad indictment on our club’s ability to be hated.

Nobody hates us because we’re not a threat to anybody.
Pretty true.

I'd say we have had small rivalries in patches - Western Bulldogs for example. Hawthorn at times. But nothing lasting. We just aren't relevant enough.

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks
Pretty true.

I'd say we have had small rivalries in patches - Western Bulldogs for example. Hawthorn at times. But nothing lasting. We just aren't relevant enough.

I wonder how much of it is a symptom of how big the competition is where you'll often go 18 months + without playing someone. Hard to build up a rivalry when something spicy might happen, then you don't seem them again for a long time.

Of the non-VFL clubs the only intrastate rivalry that really stands out in my mind is GWS and WB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Port - We hate their guts and they hate ours, as all good rivalries should be.

When they're really down, such as the tarp days, losing to the bye and 119, we add pity to the hate, which is even worse and a constant source of ongoing mirth during our dark times.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
King Cold loves making stupid threads. Every year he will post a thread on the main board about why Geelong's current squad is equal to their 2007 squad.

Pretty true.

The Bulldogs got pissy at us for a bit because they thought the Talia brothers were running an espionage operation. They also still hold a grudge from 97. I don't remember animosity between the Hawks and Adelaide though.

Last edited:
Back