Which club is Brisbane's biggest rival?

Brisbane's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't a non-reciprocated rivalry just referred to as a bunny by the media these days? Outside the manufactured Q-Clash I don't think we have any specific rivalries, and even then I don't consider that a proper rivalry because we're comfortably leading the total wins in that one. Our current bunny now we've got Richmond's measure seems to be Melbourne. And maybe the doggies + umpires combo.

On that note, how's the irony of the AFL wanting to build the code in a rugby dominated state and its best strategy to do so was to pit QLD club fans against each other instead of binding together for the common good.

The AFL's decision to create the suns was your typical 'boss knows better' situations. Only the cash from broadcasting a "Q clash" mattered. However having said that I do not want the suns to exist. Qld has a team already.

Does a rivalry exist if it is not reciprocated? I dont think we have any rivals as I doubt Port and Pies care about us as much as we care about them. I think the Suns could eventually become our rivals if they ever get good. Its a shame because GWS and Swans have a genuine rivalry building based on their geography, player trades and finals meet ups. Wish the Suns would lift their game. Would become instant rivals if they ever knocked us out of the finals

I can say with confidence the Lions/Power rivalry definitely runs two ways with Power and Lions supporters hating each other equally.

If the Lions and Power both finish near the top of the ladder again next year and both meet in a big final, such as a qualifying final or preliminary final then everyone will see that rivalry not only well and truly reignited, but the fact it runs both ways and is a real rivalry for both Lions and Power fans alike.

I can say with confidence the Lions/Power rivalry definitely runs two ways with Power and Lions supporters hating each other equally.

If the Lions and Power both finish near the top of the ladder again next year and both meet in a big final, such as a qualifying final or preliminary final then everyone will see that rivalry not only well and truly reignited, but the fact it runs both ways and is a real rivalry for both Lions and Power fans alike.
It was a shame that we and they choked in the 2020 prelims. I want nothing more than to beat Port Adelaide in a Grand Final.

Just got back from a weekend in SA. My old man is a Power foundation member. Not just him, but generally there is a sore spot the Lions rub.

2001 - 4. The Power won 3 minor premierships, and 1 flag. We won 3 flags. The fact they beat us to win their flag (still get reminded about that) included, how could a genuine rivalry not grow?

F**k Port.

It was a shame that we and they choked in the 2020 prelims. I want nothing more than to beat Port Adelaide in a Grand Final.

Hopefully the Lions get the chance to do so in our lifetimes.

I speak from experience when I say beating the Power in a grand final is an amazing feeling and something I'll never forget.

There is a litany of reason we hate Collingwood

. Buckley came to the Bears/Lions knowing he was going the next year, he did the dirty on us.
. Eddie McGuire whinged like a ****** about our 'Go Home Allowance' so we lost it yet Sydney then GWS and Gold Coast had it and we lost players.
. Eddie McGuire whinged and whinged about our initial recruiting zone, it was cut back and Nick Reiwaldt went into the draft from the Gold Coast.
. James Wish did a Buckley, he never wanted to be here and wen to the Pies - sucked in.
. We sent Beams back as a broken man but never felt the reply deal covered the initial deal from them to us.
. The Pies under McGuire ran the competition, they never travelled, they hatred the expansion clubs and never did right by the games expansion.

Maybe one day they will turn into nice people with a ex-Lions player coaching them but I doubt it. They should have changed their name from Collingwood to Arrogance.

They made us the underdogs, the outcasts, they tried to destroy us and then we won 3 in a row. We celebrate but we never forget.

FANWISE

All the die hard rugby w***ers. Those with intolerance for anything for Rugby League AND/OR Rugby Union.

They exist. I've seen it. I've had to deal with it simply trying to ask and support for a local level Aussie Rules club.

Lions are in a really good place right now - They trump the Broncs, the Reds, the Roar. They are truely number 1. But it won't take long before the Broncs and the soon to be Dolphins are chasing them.

Breaks my heart, because my childhood team was the REDS of Ballymore! Go you Reds!

FOOTBALL WISE

Collingwood. Go and get ****ed, Eddie! :)

FANWISE

All the die hard rugby w***ers. Those with intolerance for anything for Rugby League AND/OR Rugby Union.

They exist. I've seen it. I've had to deal with it simply trying to ask and support for a local level Aussie Rules club.

Lions are in a really good place right now - They trump the Broncs, the Reds, the Roar. They are truely number 1. But it won't take long before the Broncs and the soon to be Dolphins are chasing them.

Breaks my heart, because my childhood team was the REDS of Ballymore! Go you Reds!

FOOTBALL WISE

Collingwood. Go and get f’ed, Eddie! :)

Union really screwed the pooch. I remember watching the Reds on channel ten/one in the early 2000s. I was a young kid but I was drawn in. I enjoyed watching them on the TV on a Saturday late afternoon/evening. Then they disappeared off the TV and were reduced to a 30 second news snippet every other week. The Reds and union as a sport fell out of my vision. I would only remember the sport if there was a big international series or world cup and I am a sport head that can get behind any competition. If someone like me barely notices the sport I doubt those who dont care about sports would know anything at all about union. Union is probably on life support here in Australia. It will take a generation of investments to bring them to par with league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Union really screwed the pooch. I remember watching the Reds on channel ten/one in the early 2000s. I was a young kid but I was drawn in. I enjoyed watching them on the TV on a Saturday late afternoon/evening. Then they disappeared off the TV and were reduced to a 30 second news snippet every other week. The Reds and union as a sport fell out of my vision. I would only remember the sport if there was a big international series or world cup and I am a sport head that can get behind any competition. If someone like me barely notices the sport I doubt those who dont care about sports would know anything at all about union. Union is probably on life support here in Australia. It will take a generation of investments to bring them to par with league.
Private school sport almost exclusively now.

Union SHOULD be the better sport, given its richer texture. Line-outs, fair dinkum scrums, ruck and maul etc. Unfortunately, far too often the game descends into the farce of who gives away the most penalties within scoring range and whose boot is better.

Union would be better if they banned penalty goals, and instead put in the sin bin for 10 minutes anyone who gives away a penalty.

:sleeping:

A great game of Union is a wonderful spectacle. Fast, exciting and tough. You rarely see a great game of Union though. Much more likely to see a quality game of League (and obviously Aussie Rules is the superior code).

Incidentally, I reckon Union played at amateur level is good fun to watch.

Definitely Collingwood at #1.

Richmond and Carlton are hated by ex-Roys.

Carlton screwed us financially when Fitzroy was a co-tenant at Princes Park and left us on our knees, while Richmond nicked a lot of players and stuck their nose into merger matters in the 90's.

A merger and pre-merge merged list (lol) would go:
  • Collingwood
  • Port
  • Richmond
  • Carlton

In the men's team - I have no idea although for myself personally I despise (in no particular order) Sydney, St kilda, essendon, port, & GC. In the AFLW it would be Adelaide easily.

Back