Opinion Which club is Essendon's biggest rival?

Essendon's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feelings mutual fellas. Always talk about our rivalry with the Pies, but I reckon most of us bluebaggers consider your blokes the bigger rival.

One thing I will say, Carlton v Essendon games are impossible to tip. Ladder positions of the teams are generally irrelevant. Even had a few ripper draws in recent times too.

They're almost always great games to watch.
Carlton and Collingwood's rivalry has suffered a bit because they haven't had any finals in so long- 1988 was the last.

And, rarely have they been up together at the same time in the past 25 years.

Carlton and Essendon certainly induce the heart flutters and butterflies in the stomach like no other.

Recent history wise (back to 1981 really, so when Sheedy took over), Essendon has a pretty dominant record over Carlton overall- something like 45 to 26 with ten billion draws.

Over the whole journey, we still trail them by seven though. And in finals, it's 10-10.

I started a thread on this board a while ago asking Bombers supporters which club they see as their biggest rival.

I wasn't surprised to find Carlton win the poll by a fair distance.

However as you know, biggest rival and most hated are not always the same thing.

I have added poll options for the clubs that Bombers supporters hate for different reasons.

Which club do you hate the most, and why?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Onfield rivals (Carl,Haw,Coll) differ greatly from Bigfooty rivals like (Nerf,Rich,Aints) over the last couple of years for me, it's Nerf or nothin.

honestly think for me it changes slightly with how successfull teams are at the time.
also whether there are players on those sides that I like

eg, I liked the pies teams of their 02/03 GF appearances. think their team of the last 5-6 years has been overrated (despite the premiership)

For me I think its;
Hawthorn
Carlton
Collingwood
'what is this north melbourne you speak of'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back